PDA

View Full Version : The war on dust

Robert Kosek
21-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Anyone have tips that are better than just buying a can of compressed air, or disassembling my pc to vacuum or blow it out? I haven't huffed so hard since toying with a nintendo system! (Was out of the compressed air)

It's really been bugging me, since with a bit of dust - say 2 months worth - my PC's idling tempurature raises roughly 12-14A¬?C. This of course wreaks havoc during games that are intensive...

tux
21-01-2006, 09:09 PM
can of air is the best way :(

other then that, if the pc is on a carpet floor, put a bit of wood under it or somehow raise it off the carpet. and if you have fans on the side, make the blow out instead of in (i changed mine to blow in to see if temps go down, but noticed that i had more dust in 1 week then of 2 years of operation)

WILL
22-01-2006, 05:46 PM
I haven't huffed so hard since toying with a nintendo system! (Was out of the compressed air)

:lol: I remember those days. We didn't have compressed air back then though, it was all intuition and technical savy.

Oldschool Method for getting your game cartrages to work for your NES:

1) Give the NES cartrage slot 2 extreme blows of oral air(you should be blue after the 2nd breath!), then give a half wheesing blow into the cart it's self.

2) Then give the cartrage a big shake until your arm is REEEALY sore. I mean it must hurt!

3) After you recover from asphixia, with your good arm ever so slowly and gently glide the cartrage into the cartrage bay of your NES. You may optionally give one quick blow for self security, but due to the risk of lung collapse is completely unnessissary.

4) Now this is where the instructions get complicated. Slide the cart as far as you can to the left, then only slide it back to the right by exactly 1.0023 millimenters. This takes percice skill and time to master!

5) Press Power! If the screen looks screwy, you screwed it up and must start all over again. :?

6) Now only this time instead of pushing it all the way to the left after pushing it down, push it all the way to the right and then back left only 1.5237 millimenters.

7) On the 3rd or later tries it is acceptable to try combinations of shifting forwards to back aswell as left and right continously before or after the actual pressing down step.

8) When all else fails start yelling and cursing profainly at your machine, even more swearing my be required the older the NES system or carts are. Remember, aggression wins in the NES world! ;)

Robert Kosek
22-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Hehe, I still remember those days. Never owned an NES myself, but had plenty of friends who did. Sadly, I almost always had the biggest set of lungs... So it was me wheezing and seeing stars for the start of the game.

Actually... never owned a console myself.

I guess I'll just stick with the duster can, it's better than wheezing while you hope all the dust gets into the vacuum.