PDA

View Full Version : Quake to Delphi Total Conversion

Jimmy Valavanis
22-01-2006, 01:39 PM
"Quake to Delphi Total Conversion" is the
translation of the original C - source of the Game Quake (the first Quake)
to Delphi.

This is a very early version of "Quake to Delphi Total Conversion".
The game engine runs fine the demos, but is not really playable, some
bugs must be eliminated.

Both executable and source code can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/jimmyvalavanis/applications/delphiquake.html

Feel free to expiriment with the code. Any help is welcome.

:wink: Thanks,
Jim Valavanis

WILL
22-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, I think I know what you mission is. ;) Nice work!

Hmm... if you are keen on translating C source games to Pascal maybe you'd find translating a Space Flight Simulator aswell? Dean Ellis (aka technomage) is starting up a project to translate the C source for Decent: FreeSpace, it was an amazing engine that rivaled even the Wing Commander series. You should send Dean a message if you're interested, he's looking for people to help.

Jimmy Valavanis
24-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Converting Decent: FreeSpace from C to Pascal looks a very interesting project. Although I'm quite buzy right now working on Quake to Delphi Total conversion, I really want to offer any help possible. Can you give me some more information? How can I reach Dean and talk to him about it??

savage
25-01-2006, 08:57 PM
You can contact Dean AKA technomage via - http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=201

L505
27-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Oh boy, another conversion project...I just spilled my tea and dropped a cracker into it.. Help!

We will have to try and port it to freepascal, although my previous attempts have been unsuccessful in producing anything long term because I don't spend enough time on games.

Btw Jimmy did you ever run the Doom source code through the FPC compiler, or is your attention span too short like mine?

Jimmy Valavanis
27-01-2006, 04:36 PM
L505: Unfortunatelly I countn't compile with FPC the Doom Source Code
(due to the old version that I have). If you try to port Quake1 source to
Freepascal be aware that the AI of the game has still many bugs (the
game does not crashes but the interaction of the entities ..suffer!)
I'm really very busy this period because of a 1000 reasons, its a miracle that I even managed to find some free time to make the QuakeI conversion. I love PASCAL!