PDA

View Full Version : Birth of America new screens

Pocus
25-01-2006, 10:01 AM
6 new screens for Birth of America, made in 100% pure Delphi with Omega wrapper.

Released in february the 15th

http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1272&posted=1#post1272

Firlefanz
25-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi Pocus/Athena,

nice to hear from you!
Like I said, I must admit best Omega project so far, the screens look great!

I'll get it soon as it arrives and will then I'll try it. :D

Firle

Traveler
25-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Seconded! It looks extremely well made.

In noticed the question from savage in your forum about publishing. There hasn't been a real answer, but if I may be so bold, could you share with us how you are handling this?

Thanks

Firlefanz
25-01-2006, 10:46 AM
I think they have a publisher. This topic would be interesting for me, too. :wink:

Firle

Pocus
25-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi all,

@Firle: is DelphiSanctuary dead for good now? I suppose it got hacked another time :(

Well, we are the publisher :)

In fact we are only selling the product via the web, not in shops. Some of us created a company that act as the publisher and handle the customers service.

We have been approached by some other companies that are interested into distributing our game in some countries also, possibily in shops, it will depends on how well the game sell through the web, but with a good press coverage and review, we hope to get the things right.

savage
25-01-2006, 01:19 PM
I like the PC-CDROM cover http://www.ageod.com/administrer/upload//181205_195123_PEEL_YA5Pqk.jpg

I'll try and post a news item about it tomorrow. If I don't please nudge me.

savage
25-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Btw, can you tell us how well the uptake is on the web product. You obviously don't have to give numbers, but just a general idea of how it's selling.

Pocus
25-01-2006, 01:45 PM
we are only in the pre order phase, and we dont have sent yet the preview to the web sites, so the game is almost unknown. So far the number are above what we expected, but frankly its not a very reliable figure for us, as we wait for the press coverage.

Firlefanz
25-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi Pocus,

yes I am afraid DelphiSantuary is down. And I cannot reach Bobby, he told me he is going to the Army for 4 months or something, this was a month ago, don't know if he has got no Email there?

The game looks great, also the PC CD package. I always dreamed one day one of my games would be in a store in a real package. :wink:

I am looking forward for the release.

Firle

Pocus
25-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Dont despair Firle, what you need is to form a small team, as even a motivated individual can do so much. You only need to be 2 (3-4 is better, but above is not necessary) and you will see how faster and better the progress is.

I have a problem with Omega 3DSound, can you tell me why when I change the filename of an existing sound item, it works, but when I create a new one, it crashes?

like:

Sound3D.SoundList.Items[0].SetFileName('BoA - MoveCavalry.wav');

I change an existing sound item in the list by one of mine (I want to load my sounds from a file)

but if I create a new one like:

var SLI : TSoundListItem;
SLI := TSoundListItem.Create(Sound3D.SoundList);
SLI.SetFileName('BoA - MoveCavalry.wav');
SLI.Play;

"Error downloading sound"

[/code]

savage
14-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi Pocus,
we have not seen you online for a while. How did the release of BoA go and how is it selling?