PDA

View Full Version : New PGD Judges Specs updated...

savage
29-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi All,
I hope you are all working on your entries.

Just a quick post to say that the Judges machine specs for the competition ('http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/competitions.php?p=details&c=1') have been updated.

I have unfortunately had to stand down from being a judge, due to some unforseen personal issues. Luckily LifePower has agreed to be a judge and supplied his machine specs. Thanks LifePower!

paul_nicholls
10-02-2006, 06:01 AM
To the organizers of the 2006 'Big Boss Competition':

I had registered as an individual under the name 'Paul Nicholls'.

Due to personal reasons, I am going to have to drop out
from the competition :(

I would have loved to continue competing, but I can't...

Can this be arranged befor the 11th Feb deadline for the second stage?

Paul Nicholls.

WILL
10-02-2006, 06:28 AM
Thats unforrtunate news Paul. Thanks for letting us know though.

All the same, welcome to PGD and please come back to visit and emmerse yourself in our site's articles and news reports. ;)

Shirson
10-02-2006, 09:36 AM
To the organizers of the 2006 'Big Boss Competition':

I had registered as an individual under the name 'Shirson'.
Now, I'm change place of work and absolutly have no time for competition. I am going to have to drop out from the competition.
Sorry.

savage
10-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Don't let work get in the way of a good competition ;-).

savage
22-02-2006, 01:29 PM
I have upated the Judges specs yet again as LifePower is unable to judge due to other project commitments. There are still 2 judges, I just did not get the chance to update Eric Grange's ( last year's winner ) machine specs until today.

aidave
22-02-2006, 05:30 PM
whew

i thought Eric was in the competition again
so this is good news for us all,
now we have a chance ;)

savage
22-02-2006, 05:48 PM
whew

i thought Eric was in the competition again
so this is good news for us all,
now we have a chance ;)
:), initially I believe he was entered for the competition, but has since agreed to be judge.

jdarling
22-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Its good news to hear that Eric will be a judge, but that almost means that we need to push our games a bit more as I'm sure his expectations will be higher then most :).

tux
22-02-2006, 06:37 PM
have the judges started judging stage 2?

jdarling
22-02-2006, 06:57 PM
According to the rules, judging for stage two is pretty much did you get your files in on time. If you did then you got 5 points, if you didn't you got 0 points. Savage posted that only twenty teams managed to make the stage 2 deadline, but of course missing a deadline doesn't put you out of the running :).

tux
22-02-2006, 07:58 PM
According to the rules, judging for stage two is pretty much did you get your files in on time. If you did then you got 5 points, if you didn't you got 0 points. Savage posted that only twenty teams managed to make the stage 2 deadline, but of course missing a deadline doesn't put you out of the running :).

doesnt mean everyone met the goals though

aidave
22-02-2006, 10:24 PM

but even if u submitted something, and didnt meet any goals, you could get 0 points!

savage
23-02-2006, 12:42 AM
have the judges started judging stage 2?

Yes the judges have begun looking that the stage 2 entries.

aidave
03-03-2006, 05:47 AM
When will the judge scoring on Stage 2 be announced?

savage
03-03-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm waiting for Eric's scores before I post anything.

Traveler
03-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Ohhhww, can't wait http://www.gameprogrammer.net/pics/outside/bouncy.gif

Hurry Eric!

Eric
06-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Sent this morning! Sorry for the delay :oops:

I'm sure his expectations will be higher then most

Dunno about my expectations, but I've brought judges hardware specs higher than most :wink:

Doesn't mean you have to aim for the latest trend in graphics or multicore technology, but if some teams want to aim high-tech, there will be hardware capable of running the games with those high-quality options activated.

Smile, initially I believe he was entered for the competition, but has since agreed to be judge.

Had to admit free-time defeat :?
Last year's PGD competition chanced to overlap with one month of high free time, didn't look like it would happen this year...

jdarling
06-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Doesn't mean you have to aim for the latest trend in graphics or multicore technology, but if some teams want to aim high-tech, there will be hardware capable of running the games with those high-quality options activated.

Well, I know for mine the hardware requirements are quite minimal. In fact I got a version working last night that could run on Windows 95 in GDI mode at about 65 fps. So I'm happy thus far. Now if I can just figure out how I want to wrap up my Sprite and Object Objects for LUA I'm set and it will be content from here out.

- Jeremy