PDA

View Full Version : We are back!!!

savage
13-02-2006, 11:51 PM
We are temporarily back online, and now using the latest version of phpBB.

I hope that our site is now less prone to hacking attempts. I am not sure how permanent this forum will be as WILL is away for another 2 weeks and he is not aware that I have migrated the site over yet, as I did it on the spure of the moment this evening. I just could not bare to have the site unavailable for 2 weeks. Hopefully when WILL gets back the look and feel of the site will be customised accordingly.

Up until WILL gets back there will be separate areas for the new forums and the competition area.

Lastly, I will be sending instructions out to the judges so they can start downloading and assessing the current stage's entries.

Thank-you to everyone for your patience during our down-time.

LP
14-02-2006, 01:21 AM
On the "Last post" column all I can see is the person who made the latest post but no post title. Clicking on the user name goes to profile instead of going to that post. Are you sure this is the latest PhpBB version? :)

P.S. I like white-gray colors. ;)

3d[Power]
14-02-2006, 03:21 AM
How can I check, was Big Boss ch. stage2 build uploaded to site or not? I'm not sure, because there is no any messages like "You have uploaded stage2.zip file" or something like that?
Thanks.

Mirage
14-02-2006, 04:19 AM
I've uploaded my entry at 12-th (because at 11-th site was down) and don't know will it be counted in as a Stage 2 entry?
At the competition page Stage 3 was active.

savage
14-02-2006, 07:52 AM
Mirage and 3d Power, can you please tell me which team names you registered. Then I can check if your entries uploaded successfully.

LifePower, it's definately the latest version of phpBB, the previous site was heavily customised by WILL, this one is almost out of the box, except for a mod I added to give the news page a portal feel. I customised that slightly as well, but it does not affect the original phpBB files version much, so if a new verison of phpBB comes out, it should only take 10-20minutes to reapply the portal mod. Btw, in the Last Post column, there should also be a small icon next to the last poster's name. If you click on that it should take you the last post, or am I missing something?

tux
14-02-2006, 07:54 AM
good job on getting the site back up and running :)

Traveler
14-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Good job on getting the site back up and running

Agreed,.. nice job! A round of applause for Dominique :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mirage
14-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Savage, my team name is Avalanche Team.

BTW, PHPBB and many other popular forum engines are being hacked on a regular basis. The only way to avoid hacking is to update these forums as soon as the updates become available.

Firlefanz
14-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Hello together,

good to have you all back. :D

Firle

savage
14-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Savage, my team name is Avalanche Team.

Yes your team has a zip file that is 502 k in size.

hackbart
14-02-2006, 09:40 AM
good to see pgd online again :) I remember we have had such a similar problem with the DVBViewer forum (Invision board) as well as a hacked server. I honestly know the feeling to go with the butt on ground ice - no idea if this kind of phrase is used also used in english..
Anyhow keep the logs and try to take legal actions - this helped in our case, even if the investigation tooked more than one year. I can honestly say the german LKA is damn skillful with things like this. The same guys at the police also hooked up one of the biggest european warez portal last year (FTP Welt): http://tinyurl.com/8u4ra

Best Regards
Christian

[savage]Sorry had to edit your post and changed the URL to a tinyURL as the other one caused the thread to deform.

savage
15-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Btw, as these forums seem to be stable for now, I've changed the home page to redirect to the new forums after 30 secs as default and anybody interested in the competition can click on the Competition logo on the main news page.

Sascha Willems
15-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Glad to have PGD back, though I've been busy the last few days myself. But since there is still a redirection and since this design still seems to be preliminary, should we still post news (I'd like to post about release 1.51 of my NewtonPlayGround), or should we wait until everything is in the old order again?

Robert Kosek
15-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Wow, that was worrisome. Personally, I don't like phpBB ... at all. But if it is what you like and it's the latest version, then I'm fine with that. (I just hate coding in modifications by hand, when that's not what I want to focus on.)

I just hope folks won't continue to hack the site... :evil:

savage
15-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi Sascha,
you won't be able to post news the old way, as those scripts were written by WILL I believe. There is not problem posting news here as the tables are very similar, so we will be able to back port to the old forum if necessary.

I'll PM you the instructions on how to post news items now.

Sly
16-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Hopefully when WILL gets back the look and feel of the site will be customised accordingly.

I actually like this look. It is so much more pleasing on the eyes and more readable. :)

aidave
16-02-2006, 09:58 PM
whoever hacked the site should get kicked out of the competition

tux
16-02-2006, 10:54 PM

whoever said they were in the competition?

aidave
16-02-2006, 11:40 PM

whoever said they were in the competition?

if they are they should be kicked

might be worth doing some IP detective work on this one

:batman: