PDA

View Full Version : www.delphigamer.com

technomage
14-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi everyone

I have a question for all of you. The delphigamer.com domain is up for renewal. I will probably renew it but the main question I want to ask is if people still want it to redirect to pascalgamedevelopment :?: Do people still use the delphigamer.com url to access this site :?:

So the big question is

Do we Keep Delphigamer.com?

Dean

Traveler
14-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Do we Keep Delphigamer.com

Big yes! This is where it all started! We can't let it fall into the hands of those evil ad sites!
Although I don't use it to get to here, it still has value to me. If you ever feel the need to let it go, please contact me as I will gladly pay for the domain.

savage
14-02-2006, 10:20 AM
I've made this the featured poll on the main page as the other one was quite old.

FNX
14-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Just an idea..

Why not keeping delphigamer domain as a delphi games showcase?
Games comes from PGD "Your Projects", selected by administrators
following some basic rules (Demo, Complete Game, stability etc..)

I suppose they should be all free but maybe someday it could be
a real online delphi games shop or somethig...

What do you all think about?

EugenioEnko
14-02-2006, 12:21 PM
why not?
It is more simple than Pascal Game Development . :wink:

jasonf
14-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Keep Delphigamer.

Pascal Game Development is too big a sentence to fit into my tiny brain :lol:

cragwolf
14-02-2006, 10:59 PM
What's wrong with pascalgamer.com? Someone got it already?

savage
14-02-2006, 11:03 PM
We assessed pascalgamer.com when we set up the new site and felt that it did not encompass the goals we wanted to achieve for the site. We actually wanted the http://www.pgd.com/ domain, but it was already taken.

jdarling
15-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Why not pgdev.* or pgd.org? They all open at this time (well according to my browser, witch may be off).

- Jeremy

NecroDOME
15-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I agree with FNX, use DelphiGamer.com as depo for game showcases. (and mybe project pages)!

technomage
18-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Looks like it's quite close.

There are some nice ideas on what to do with the domain if we don't keep is as a redirect to pgd.

I do like the show case idea.

Keep those votes comming people.

WILL
01-03-2006, 04:05 AM
DelphiGamer.com doesn't represent what this community is about. Delphi is only a sub-set of the Pascal culture. Forget that it's not an actual language, it's as if we renamed the site to 'The Dutch Pascal Game Development Community'. It doesn't make sense nor fit. It's off target from what we want to portray.

Sentiment aside, DelphiGamer.com has very little in the way of accuracy, which is important if you wish then to promote it to others that are A) new to the Pascal world or B) are looking for unbiased, accurate information.

All of that aside though, I admit it does have some sentimental value as it was kind of a newspaper site that hosted a majorly important and milestone source of news and information that helped this community evolve and grow from. And that is why we leave the original tab banners from the original sites on the bottom of the page even well after the merger back in Nov of 2004.

Fcw
21-04-2006, 04:55 AM
i was said that neither delphi gamer nor pascalgamedevelopement witch i input ,I can't visit the web .
I think it's maybe keep me from by GFW,which our govement defined us talk about something.
I don't kown why govement did it ...

now i only used torpark to visit pdg ...it not convenience.

sorry for my english

technomage
25-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Well, Allot of people still want to keep delphigamer.com. But the point about the delphigamer not representing the community is a valid one.

So in a week or so I will create a place holder for the delphi gamer page so people using it can update the book marks. What we use it for after that....who knows :wink:

dbevfat
29-04-2006, 03:18 AM
damn, voted YES, before i thought about it. It's just a domain name, after all. How many domains do we need?

Traveler
29-04-2006, 10:32 AM
It's just a domain name, after all.

To a lot of us, it is not.
Throw it out the door and you'll never get it back as it will get bought by those stupid add sites to be used as a trafficgenerator.
How would you feel about that?

technomage
29-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Just to clarify I have renewed the domain, and will keep doing so for the forseeable future. :D

However The url will probably point to a different site once I decide what to do with it. I do like the idea of a showcase site for games written by the people on this site.

So don't worry delphigamer.com will still exist, it just might turn into somethign different. :wink:

WILL
29-04-2006, 04:00 PM
There are options for a sort of msn-like network, but for Pascal instead. pas-net? or something? I might be able to get negotiations going before I step down as a Manager on PGD. :)