PDA

View Full Version : Security sugestion.......

EugenioEnko
14-02-2006, 08:18 PM
It may sound very stupid but it may be usfull to put the Administrator Panel in some lenguage that no many people understand to dificult the hacker to change things.... of course for the administrator it will dificult too, but you do no need to change every day configs.

in this spanish comunity http://foros.teleportmedia.com/index.php , the Admin sad once than he has the Administrator Panel in russian to dificult to change the forum.

savage
14-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Unfortunately these attacks do not use the Administration Panel, as far as I am aware, they are security holes in phpBB and when you pass certain parameters to certain php pages, it executes the SQL statements. That is my understanding of how they were able to hack our site.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

EugenioEnko
14-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately these attacks do not use the Administration Panel, as far as I am aware, they are security holes in phpBB and when you pass certain parameters to certain php pages, it executes the SQL statements. That is my understanding of how they were able to hack our site.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

:(

3d[Power]
15-02-2006, 08:20 AM
EugenioEnko, sounds very amateur, have you tried to work on NASA?

JernejL
21-02-2006, 03:57 PM
That wouldnt really help since most hackers come from russia aniway ;)

but seriously guys, consider switching to some other forum software, PHPBB gets hacked so often that zone-h.org wont accept phpbb site hackage/defacements at all!

tux
21-02-2006, 06:11 PM
That wouldnt really help since most hackers come from russia aniway ;)

but seriously guys, consider switching to some other forum software, PHPBB gets hacked so often that zone-h.org wont accept phpbb site hackage/defacements at all!

its only hacked because people dont stay up to date with the patches ;)