PDA

View Full Version : Acid Tech Forum Style

savage
16-02-2006, 01:23 PM
For those who prefer a darker Forum style, I have just added a style called AcidTech. It still needs to be customised for PGD and is thus temporary and subject to change when WILL gets back.

To test it out click on the Profile link above ( assuming you are logged in ), then scroll down to "Board Style" and select AcidTech from the dropdown. Apply the change and you should have a darker blue/white/gray styled forum.

The default style will remain as "subSilver" for now.

Let us know what you think about the new style.

jdarling
16-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I love the new AcidTech look. With little modification it would fit into the PGD UXP wonderfully.

(UXP: User Experience in case you didn't know)

Traveler
16-02-2006, 02:39 PM
There are some appealing parts, but its a bit too dark for my taste.

AthenaOfDelphi
16-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Personally, I think AcidTech is very nice.

Long live AcidTech :-D

Robert Kosek
16-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I love acidtech, and it's not too dark either. (No upping the gamma temporarily. ;) )

savage
16-02-2006, 03:15 PM
If I knew how to port the hacked forum's look and feel over to the new site I would.

If anyone knows what's involved and can help, please let me know and we can try and get it ported and functioning by next week. We'll create it as it's own style and that way registered visitors can choose which one suits their mood.

Traveler
16-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not really sure thats possible, WILL and I made some changes to the base code for that particular layout. That's not something we'd want to do again, for obvious reasons.

savage
16-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm not really sure thats possible, WILL and I made some changes to the base code for that particular layout. That's not something we'd want to do again, for obvious reasons.

My appologies Traveller for not remembering that you worked on the site with WILL.
My brain can be such a waste of space sometimes. Actually most of the time.

I think the heading should be do able, but I am not familiar with the whole articles/administration etc sub-system.

Well maybe when WILL gets back it would be a good idea for all concerned to have a chat one night about how to progress from here so that any phpBB updates are easy to install without affecting all the custom code you and WILL have worked so hard on. Ideally it would be great to be able to just back up the db, replace the phpBB with any new versions, restore the DB and with minimal script changes have our custom look and feel back.

WiZz
16-02-2006, 04:27 PM
This theme is too dark for me.

Traveler
16-02-2006, 05:09 PM
My appologies Traveller for not remembering that you worked on the site with WILL. My brain can be such a waste of space sometimes. Actually most of the time.

Thats okay. I'm sure you have a lot on your mind right now, with the competition, the recent troubles and all.