PDA

View Full Version : Commando Xenidis Shareware Release

Firlefanz
20-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Hello,

at least we did it! :D

COMMANDO XENIDIS is a Top-Down Actiongame for 1-4 players.

After all planets of the system 'Xenidis' were terraformed in 2525 a.d. contact to our
interstellar settlers was lost. A last transmission let us suspect something horrible had happened.
To find out what was going on there, a special force unit with the code name “Commando
Xenidis” was ordered to find out anything about the lost settlers and to prevent any
possible danger from earth.
In this game you are flying a high-tech battle-ship through orbit of each planet to beam on
the surface where you will destroy all enemies with your special-trooper.

Commando Xenidis uses Omega for DirectX9 based on Clooties DX9.0c headers. We are a team of 3 hobby game developers. I hope you enjoy it. :D

Latest screens and description etc (I have to make new screens later):
http://www.ericbehme.de/comxenidis_e.html

Download the shareware with 3 playable planets:
http://www.ericbehme.de/download/setup_cxshare.exe

I would still like some feedback, I am still not sure about the difficulty in the game on Space missions and Surface missions.

Firle

czar
20-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Congrats Firle,

It is great to see projects being completed. I am looking fordward to road testing your game this weekend.

savage
20-02-2006, 08:00 AM
Great stuff Firle. It is now a news item.

Traveler
20-02-2006, 09:10 AM
congratz

WiZz
20-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Congradulations, its very nice game. Only one bug :), in 3d scenes, sometimes models are without textures. Video: GeForce MX 4

Firlefanz
20-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi!

Thank you all! I am very proud of it, although I think we will have a patch within the next few days, it is not perfect but I've found no big bugs until now.

If anybody has bugs or thinks it is too hard, please gimme feeeedback :D

@WiZz: What detail do you have? I can't reproduce it...Which models have no textures and which scene is it? Evrytime?

Thanks,
Firle

WiZz
21-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Not always I saw it only twice In mission Breathing, objects Spaship and Planet were without texture. Nevermind, Game is Cool BTW :)

Firlefanz
21-02-2006, 01:48 PM
One more question, do you think Space Levels are too hard? And surface Levels?

I am thinking about a minor update because some said Space Levels are very hard.

Thanks a lot, :D
Firle

WiZz
21-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Well I don't think they are very hard, but they are hard (not very):), I like chalanges :)

Pocus
24-02-2006, 08:46 AM
congrats Firle for puting the finishing touches on your project! I suppose the sense of achievement is enjoyable?

So what's next now? :P

Traveler
24-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Have you recieved any feedback from users other than PGD members?

Whats the download count anyway?

Firlefanz
24-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi!

It's on fileshack and there downloaded 140 times, I have my own download 100 times and WiZz was so kind to make a mirror, I don't know how many downloads he has. Nothing sold yet but I am just starting making it public. I had much feedback from here, my forum and a german DirectX forum while having the beta, since the full release I heard nothing anymore.

Next will be a 3D action sim genre mix if it works out. :D

Firle

savage
24-02-2006, 03:58 PM
you've got an average of 4 out of 4 votes on fileshack, so it's a good start. How did you get your game on FileShack? Can you upload your game to their DB or do you submit it for inclusion?

Firlefanz
24-02-2006, 05:00 PM
I submitted it directly to Fileshack.
On Fileplanet it is now, too, perhaps they got it from them?

I submitted it now to nearly 200 shaerware sites, it will appear on them the next couple of days /weeks. :D

Firle

Firlefanz
08-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi!

I now uploaded Version 1.1

Some minor bugs are fixed, some things improved, some new soundFX, a new item 'overkill' that gives you full weapons for a few seconds.

There were not many downloads until now, so there is no patch, just a new setup. Thanks for the feedback. :D

Firle

WILL
04-10-2006, 01:30 AM
How is 'Commando Xenidis' doing/selling by now?

Anything cool/neat to update? :)

Firlefanz
04-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Hi!

Yes, there has been an update 1.2 I uploaded a while ago and an Upload 1.3 some days ago which I didn't upload yet.

The selling is going extremly bad, TombClimber (still now) much better.

I will never do a 2D shooter again. :wink:
I still think except of the collision dectection in ground missions maybe it is a very good shooter, we ourlselves like it.

Soon I will present my new game project 'The Innominate' made with DanJetX here.

Thanks for your interest. :wink:

Firle