PDA

View Full Version : Gaming review sites like Gametunnel.com und Mirror sites

Firlefanz
21-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Hello,

two questions in one topic, is that okay? :D

I have finished my game.

It is 48 mb big, that's a lot.

So I cannot make too much advertisement right now, because it would destroy my downtraffic and cost money.

So I want to have mirrors (for free), I already submitted to Download.com and Tucows.com, but it will take a while.

Any other ideas for free Mirrors without the user having to create an account?

The other thing: I submitted the game to Gametunnel.com, they review shareware games. Now they want a fullversion. Anybody tried that? I think I can send them the full version, but does anybody have expereince with them and other game review sites?

Thanks,
Firle

WiZz
21-02-2006, 02:05 PM
for demo? I could host it on my gamedev.lt server :)

Firlefanz
21-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Do you have enough Downloadtraffic or maybe it is your own server?

I have 50 gig Downloadtraffic in a month, sounds a lot but it is not much when it comes to 50 mb and I can get a few thousand users to download my shareware. :wink:

Firle

cairnswm
21-02-2006, 02:18 PM
As far as I remember when GameTunnel reviewed Farmer Joe's Matching Yard I sent them a Full Version.

My feeling is that this is one of the best sites to get a review from. It is worth sending a full version. I see no reason for them to 'steal' it - and anyway - for the publicity It would be well worht it.

WiZz
21-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Do you have enough Downloadtraffic or maybe it is your own server?

I have 50 gig Downloadtraffic in a month, sounds a lot but it is not much when it comes to 50 mb and I can get a few thousand users to download my shareware. :wink:

Firle

I have. Unlimited :).

Firlefanz
21-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Hmmmmm. *sendpmtowizz* hmmm. 8)

@cairnswm: Thanks for the info, this is what I thought. :D

Firle

Traveler
21-02-2006, 03:54 PM
I suppose when in doubt you can always ask them why they need the full version. Also, a special time limited version instead of a level/feature limited version might work as well, perhaps.

Firlefanz
21-02-2006, 04:36 PM
This is a very good idea. A February full version :D

I think about it, thanks!

Firle