PDA

View Full Version : 2006 PGD Annual: PGD Boss

aidave
10-03-2006, 01:30 AM
how are all your big bad bosses coming along?

:elephant:

cant wait to show you screens of our boss
hopefully a video!

+ ~~
dave

cairnswm
10-03-2006, 05:24 AM
We added out first boss a couple of days ago. Due tot he size of the image a new animation system is needed - and thats not going so well :)

Traveler
10-03-2006, 08:31 AM
He's still in my head :wink:

AthenaOfDelphi
10-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Snap :-) I have a lot of work to do besides the boss. Since we're going for RPG style, I have to have proper inventory system, dialogues with NPC's, quest log... the list is endless :?

Still, nothing like a challenge :-D

NecroDOME
10-03-2006, 10:11 AM
My boss has a 3D model, no textures, no animation. It look lake a transformer :P

But i'm currently working on my bone animation engine to make the boss walk. (and fly)

Huehnerschaender
10-03-2006, 10:28 AM
My Boss is not like a real boss from its optics. He looks like a slightly bigger tank with 3 wheels instead of chains.
The only challange is his possibility to attack with 3 different weapons. Cannon, force field and flamethrower.

Since this is only a miniboss, my endboss for the compo will be something more thrilling, and of course you will need some tactics to get him down.

tux
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
no boss, no ai yet :(

not even written 1 line of code for this stage yet. Been reading books on ai and hopefully will have a finate state machine tonight :)

savage
10-03-2006, 01:10 PM
My boss has a 3D model

That's pretty cool that your boss helps out with modelling. Has he registered with PGD as well.

I know, I know, terrible joke, but it had to be done. Call it cathartic?

Traveler
10-03-2006, 01:28 PM
My boss has a 3D model

That's pretty cool that your boss helps out with modelling. Has he registered with PGD as well.

I know, I know, terrible joke, but it had to be done. Call it cathartic?

Do you think your boss could arrange a model for me too :mrgreen:

aidave
10-03-2006, 01:51 PM
llol

the way this contest is layed out is pretty cool
by meeting the goals of the previous stages
it allows us to focus on a boss for one stage
and not worry too much about overhead tasks

:right:

savage
10-03-2006, 02:10 PM
llol

the way this contest is layed out is pretty cool
by meeting the goals of the previous stages
it allows us to focus on a boss for one stage
and not worry too much about overhead tasks

:right:

The aim of the contest is to hopefully instill some kind of good planning habits so that when you start other projects you are more likely to finish them if you incrementally build on features.
We've all been in the situation where you start a really ambitious project, but due to lack of planning it just blows up in you face and you get frustrated and give up. By breaking things up into manageble/chewable pieces you achieve smaller goals which motivates you to meet the next set of goals. Success breeds success.

We hope everyone is getting something out of it.

jdarling
10-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Snap :-) I have a lot of work to do besides the boss. Since we're going for RPG style, I have to have proper inventory system, dialogues with NPC's, quest log... the list is endless :?

Still, nothing like a challenge :-D

Tell me about it Athema, I've spent more time on my questing system, inventory system, dialogs and NPC's then anything else, and I STILL CAN'T SHOW IT OFF YET! Good news, animation is back in my engine. My frist mini-boss was finished on monday (at least I have that) and honestly I have almost every milestone complete. Yet none of the game is actually playable yet :(.

Right now I'm working on owned sprites (I forgot about it till I started taking items from my inventory and placing them on my paperdoll :( ) if all goes well I'll have that done this weekend. At that point stage 4 is complete and its on to the finishing touches witch will take more work then everything else put together. I have all my quests written down on paper, I just have to find the graphics, script them out, play test them all (that should take a while) and figure out what I have time to complete for the compo.

Can't wait to see yours, just to see another RPG for the compo :).