PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite Console Game...

savage
15-03-2006, 01:21 PM
At this moment in time my favourite console game is Metal Gear Solid 3 on the PS2.

What an amazingly well thought out game. Gameplay is excellent and the graphics are pretty damn good as well. I've played it through about 4 times now, starting on hard difficulty and now playing on European Extreme difficulty level, which is the hardest difficulty level you can play. Each difficulty level requires slightly different tactics as the number of enemies and their auditory and eyesight range changes as well as other factors. It's also amazing how they implemented a very comprehensive wild-life system ( birds, fish, spiders, scorpion, bats, rabbits, rats, goats, flora ) that you need to catch, kill and eat to be able to maintain your stamina, as well as the healing/curing and camoflage systems. Food also goes off if you keep it too long and if you eat food that has gone off, you get food poisoning etc. Also there are different types of each animal as well and each provides different levels of stamina recovery. Each boss you fight also requires different tactics, my favourite being the boss battle with the sniper boss called "The End".

Best game since Half-Life 2!!!! Can't wait for the PS3 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Other favourites would be Pro Evo Soccer 5 also on PS2.

jdarling
15-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, Console is such a broad topic that I'll be the first smart ass:
1) Zork
2) Major MUDD

But, of course you didn't mean command console, so really its:
1) PS2 Outlaw Golf 2

I really am not much of a sports freak, and I actually pretty much hate golf, but Outlaw Golf 2 is completely awesome. You can beat up your caddy for points, run over people, hit cows and donkies with golf balls, I mean what more could you want from a game then to take the #1 yuppy sport and turn it into something white trash like myself can enjoy :).

- Jeremy

PS: To any of those of you offended by my remarks, please block your eyes, cover your ears, gag your mouth and eat a frigging bananna.

Eric
15-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't play console games much though (2-3 times a month, max), but that would be GranTurismo4 and... don't laugh... 'Eye Toy' games :lol:

AthenaOfDelphi
15-03-2006, 05:48 PM
I have a few that I love to play and I can't decide which one is my favourite, so in no particular order:-

GranTourismo 4 (but only when I play it using my steering wheel)
Jak and Daxter series
Ratchet and Clank series
Tomb Raiders series
Abes series (for the exploding farts and his chanting)
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 10

savage
15-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Having played both Jax And Daxter and Ratchet and Clank I have to agree that these are great fun as well.

Athena, you need to get yourself a copy of MGS3-Snake Eater or the newer MGS3-Subsistence which is like he previous one but with online multiplayer capabilities and other additional stuff.

XProger
15-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

FNX
15-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Forever and ever Soul Calibur I on Dreamcast!!! :)

WILL
16-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Well since I don't really own a console anymore (does an original GameBoy thats starting to die count? :)) So in all fairness I'd have to choose some games from an earlier time.

I can't choose just one, I'm just not built that way. ;) So I'll choose my favorite for each genre I like most:

Platformer: Mega-man! :P Both NES and SNES (the Genesis one was alright too)

RPG: Final Fantasy 5, 6 and 7! (though if we are talking NES it'd be Dragon Warrior/Quest hands down)

Pre-Japanese console market: Night Stalker kicked butt! And lets not forget Popeye and Astrosmash!. ;)

Top-down RPG?(Zelda style): The Legend of Zelda(SNES), duh. :P

EugenioEnko
17-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Soul Reaver 1 for DreamCast
8)

savage
17-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Soul Reaver 1 for DreamCast
8)

I still have Soul Reaver on PC and that is a great game. Never finished it though. I may have to dig it out soon and try and finish it.

EugenioEnko
19-03-2006, 02:01 PM
If some doy you finish the SR1, it will say: "to be continued" jajajaja
to understand the story you will need to play the Soul Reaver 2.