PDA

View Full Version : Competition Section Update: Judges Scripts

WILL
17-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Yes folks, it's another Competition page update! ;)

This time I think I'll be making EVERYBODY happy with this one. I have completed the judge's scoring scripts, with ...drum roll... a comments feature. Thats right, now all entries can receive a set of judges comments stressing weak areas and why somehting may have crashed or failed on their systems.

This will hopefully also speed up the scoring process and save poor savage from having to manually update the database for each goal for each entry for each judge for each deadline. :P Lots of work taken away there.

An lastly as a side note, I removed a small bug that listed extra entries from the previous deadline onto the one being drawn. The list of uploaded entries in the results page should be 100% accurate now! ;)

Eric
17-03-2006, 11:30 AM
I'll add in my handful of Stage 2 comments as soon as I get the 'how to' on entering comments ;)

WILL
17-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Check your email Eric. :)

The tools are self explainitory. ;)

Eric
17-03-2006, 12:44 PM
> Check your email Eric. Smile

Added 4 comments (count'em) from my Stage 2 notes ("Those 2 Guys", "Sarof", "Outer Reaches Studios" & "Stoned Code", more like minor technical notes than actual comments though).

I'll try to have more and more useful comments for Stage 3. :wink:

aidave
17-03-2006, 03:25 PM
cool

i hope u guys got all thes backed up in case of hack attack

8)

savage
17-03-2006, 06:18 PM
cool

i hope u guys got all thes backed up in case of hack attack

8)

We are now running the latest version of phpbb. If it gets hacked, we'll have to deal with it. I tend to do a back-up about once a week so will probably do one this evening.

jdarling
17-03-2006, 06:36 PM
WILL, it would be nice if you could also place a flag some place next to the names saying if it has comments or not. As comments from a judge about a specific problem in an entry may be useful to the rest of us too :) .