PDA

View Full Version : Default PGD theme...

savage
19-03-2006, 05:13 PM
With help from Traveller, we are ready to set PGD as the default theme.

Of course the other themes will continue to exist, but they will also be "PGDed" in the coming weeks to give a consistent look and feel across the 3 themes. Each theme will retain their respective colour schemes but they will have the PGD header changed to fit in better with subSilver and AcidTech.

Awaiting your feedback.

jdarling
19-03-2006, 06:38 PM
My only problem with the "new" pgd style is the silver on gray coloring. Its very difficult for me to read :(, but I'll give it a try for a while. Maby try something like white or black in those areas?

michalis
21-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Awaiting your feedback.

With pgd theme, the text

You last visited on XXX
The time now is XXX

at the top is black colour on very dark background, which means that I don't see it at all (until I select it). Similar problem with some text at the bottom of the page ("This data is based on users active over the past five minutes", "New posts", "No new posts", "DGDev and DelphiGamer officially merged in 2004" etc.).

As for the other colors, I can read everything, but... still it's more comfortable to use current subSilver colors. pgd theme has just too many places where dark text is used on dark background. This means that I'll probably keep using subSilver theme, i.e. I will not switch to pgd theme...

Now, my main problem with pgd theme is that the header makes the whole page too wide on my default resolution, that is 800x600. This means that when PGD header exists, I often have to do some horizontal scrolling to read any page. Also important buttons like "FAQ", "Profile" and "Messages" are not visible in a default position --- I have to scroll right to see them.

jdarling
21-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Awaiting your feedback.

With pgd theme, the text

You last visited on XXX
The time now is XXX

at the top is black colour on very dark background, which means that I don't see it at all (until I select it). Similar problem with some text at the bottom of the page ("This data is based on users active over the past five minutes", "New posts", "No new posts", "DGDev and DelphiGamer officially merged in 2004" etc.).

As for the other colors, I can read everything, but... still it's more comfortable to use current subSilver colors. pgd theme has just too many places where dark text is used on dark background. This means that I'll probably keep using subSilver theme, i.e. I will not switch to pgd theme...

Now, my main problem with pgd theme is that the header makes the whole page too wide on my default resolution, that is 800x600. This means that when PGD header exists, I often have to do some horizontal scrolling to read any page. Also important buttons like "FAQ", "Profile" and "Messages" are not visible in a default position --- I have to scroll right to see them.

WOW I didn't even realize those were their until you pointed them out.

Firlefanz
21-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi!

Very well, looking again like PGD now and not like the standard phpBB Forum. Much better :D

But it is veryvery slow now loading the images...

Firle