PDA

View Full Version : 2006 PGD Annual: Please expand on a section of Stage 5

jdarling
20-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Goal #2 reads as:
Goal #2 (10 Points) - Add basic menus, game options and settings.

Judges can you please expand on what you would expect to see in Game Options and Settings? For example I'm locking the screen size at 640x480 for game play (though now windowed or full screen are valid). Really all options in my game are simply controlls (movement etc) and are handled by a launching application (as I read to be ok). So what other options or settings might we expect to have to implement? I've added the ones I've gleamed and sources below:

Configure Controls - Eric G's post (Qwarty, Devorak, and other kb types)
Load/Save game - Multiple postings and rules that allude to this

As you can see I can only figure on two, and I just want to be sure of it.

Traveler
20-03-2006, 09:51 PM
I'd suggest looking at other games.

Off the top of my head: sound volume, music, game speed, scroll speed (if applicable) game resolution, texture filtering, 16/32 bit mode, playernames, keyboard controls, joystick controls.

And I'm sure there are a few others more...

WILL
21-03-2006, 08:42 AM
As per all the other goals, the intention is to not be so demanding. All we are asking is that you do have a Menu system and can manipulate whatever settings you have within this menu.

This is somewhat of a cosmetic stage. A chance to clean up your game. Also, considering that the goals are not too demanding on stage 5 it gives you a chance to fix up any annoying glitches or major pressing issues with your game engine.

If all is well with your entry I'd recommend concentrating on the menu and make it nice and easy to use. This will help gain you some points in the end for the Game Stability category and possibly Innovation & Fun too. :D

PS: I'm not here! :shhh: HI DOM!!!!! :thumbup: