PDA

View Full Version : Three questions according to JEDI-SDL

Stoney
04-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Now there are three things I have problems with. I hope there is someone who can answer these questions.

1. I recently bought Delphi 3 Professional for 15 euros. I was very curious if JEDI-SDL would work on this old delphi version. Well, it doesn't work. :?
The compiler does not know the compiler flag {$EXTERNALSYM}. Is there a way to avoid this and get JEDI-SDL work on Delphi 3?

2. My computer with Windows ME crashes regularly for some months now. (I think I need a new PC.) The mouse driver does not work properly and every try installing new mouse drivers has failed. When I start any SDL application (even the OpenGL-accelerated SDL applications) I get following error message:
DirectInputDevice::SetCooperativeLevel: Unknown DirectInput error: 0x80004001
The funny thing is every DirectX application (except the SDL applications) is working fine. Reinstalling DirectX has not solved this problem.
My question: Is there any possibility to turn manuelly to Windows GDI mode if initialising DirectX failed?

3. It would be fine if I get rotating sprites for my engine. A request which is at the top of my ToDo-list, but unfortunetaly I won't get it work. Using this rotating function from SDLUtils.pas and rotozoom from sdl_gfx.pas result in an access violetion. Is there any other possibilty to get rotating surfaces work?

savage
04-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi Stoney,

1. The reason why D3 is not supported in JEDI-SDL is because I never owned D3. I only own D1, D2, D4, D7 and D2005 and D2006. So it should work with D4 onwards as that is what I started writing JEDI-SDL in. I am sure it could be made to work with D3, but it may be quite a job. For starters you would need to put some IFDEFs around all the {$EXTERNALSYM} statements and there are bound to be some other things that were introduced in D4 that D3 never had that I may be using.

2. Which version of DirectX do you have installed on ME? You can force SDL to switch to GDI mode but I can't remember off the top of my head how to do it. I will have a look later and post some code.

3. Have you stepped through the code for the rotating functions? Are you definately using v1.0 of JEDI-SDL?

Stoney
04-04-2006, 05:38 PM
2. Which version of DirectX do you have installed on ME?

The newest I found for Win9x: DirectX 9.0c

3. Have you stepped through the code for the rotating functions? Are you definately using v1.0 of JEDI-SDL?
The files are from January 2005, so I guess it must be the beta release of JEDI-SDL V1.0
I tried this rotating example, but this did not work, so this was a bit demotivating. I must admit, the rotating functions look a bit complicating to me and I do not really know which values I have to put in at 'OffsetX' and 'OffsetY'.