PDA

View Full Version : DELPHIX, DIRECTX AND FORCE FEEDBACK

seiferalmasy
10-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Been searching and asking for atleast a year now, no luck

I have delphix but the force feedback doesn't seem to work at all with my USB control pad so I have given up and want to use the api of directx with delphi instead.,

I am a novice so firstly I need the SDK for delphi and need to know how to install it (i tried for delphi 4 that i use but it just comes up with error messages).

More importantly if noone can help me get delphix working with force feedback , perhaps they can give me a delphi project example of a working program invoking forcefeedback.

I know thats a lot to ask but I am at my wits end.

Daniel

Traveler
10-04-2006, 09:28 PM
I could be mistaken, but iirc SDL has some force feedback examples.

seiferalmasy
10-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I could be mistaken, but iirc SDL has some force feedback examples.

I don't know where that is;) but i will google for it, if not do you have a link?

Traveler
11-04-2006, 07:58 AM
SDL for Delphi can be found here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedi-sdl).
However, I checked for force feedback examples, but it appears I was mistaken, as I could not find any. Sorry about that :oops:

savage
11-04-2006, 08:59 AM
I think Clootie had some FF examples, there definately not any with JEDI-SDL. I believe the SDL guys plan on adding something for FF, but I'm not sure when.

seiferalmasy
11-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks people, I now have the SDL Jedi headers with directinput installed. All I need now is to find someone who has made a demo example in delphi hahaha

Hopefully someone will sort delphix out, I have mailed 2 people who work on advanced ones undelphix and someone else....got replies but so far no luck.

If anyone does find any examples please let me know. I am guessing the code needed is not stright forward otherwise there would prob be some already?

DianBertoni
10-04-2011, 04:39 AM
@Seifer

I have been using this DXINPUT from DELPHIX, I am now using Delphi 7 and works fine for Logitech steering wheel. But still having bugs on my apps.

If you still interested on it, you should migrate your Delphi version to 7 so, we can speak the same language.

Guest what, DELPHIX has given the project sample (I Thank you).. unfortunately, I have to make some changes to make some function works. Related to your Control Pad, there must be some difference FF control setting on DXINPUT compare to Steering wheel.. but, it must be able to control the FF with some trials.

So far, I am using the component to have same function as Logitech Profiler.

BTW, I am new on this page, hopefully you can visit our Indonesian coder page at www.indo-code.com , you may start discussion on my page (Forum/Delphi/Steering Wheel)