PDA

View Full Version : Please add a LARGE message indicator

jdarling
12-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Ok, I'm sure I'm not alone in that I hardly ever remember to check my messages on the board. Then when I do I feel like a dick cuz I forgot them for about a week! Any chance on getting a good sized message indicator so we know when we have new messages in our in-box?

WILL
12-04-2006, 01:57 PM
There is one actually. Do you allow popups? Both FireFox and IE have popup blockers now sothis may be why your not getting the notification.

Also we had incorporated a flashing Messages button in the mini-menu on the header. Hold your mouse over it and it'll tell you how many new messages you have. I have noticed it missing myself and will be makiing sure it is put into the 2nd version of the site (as I was the one pushing for the graphics and to get it put in originally).

Besides programming a little gremlin to jump out that shout out at you, I cannot think of any other 'nice' way to inform the users that they do indeed have a new private message. :)

jdarling
12-04-2006, 04:53 PM
There is one actually. Do you allow popups? Both FireFox and IE have popup blockers now sothis may be why your not getting the notification.

Also we had incorporated a flashing Messages button in the mini-menu on the header. Hold your mouse over it and it'll tell you how many new messages you have. I have noticed it missing myself and will be makiing sure it is put into the 2nd version of the site (as I was the one pushing for the graphics and to get it put in originally).

Besides programming a little gremlin to jump out that shout out at you, I cannot think of any other 'nice' way to inform the users that they do indeed have a new private message. :)

Hmm... Well pop-ups arn't blocked for this site, but I don't get any. The button never flashes for me :(, so maybe the site hates me :). The idea of flashing the Messages button would work best in my case, as if the colors or whatever is subtle then I won't notice it as I'm colorblind :). I will say that the hover works (just tried it), but I don't always think to check it that way :).

savage
12-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Which theme are you using?

Robert Kosek
12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Or maybe you just don't have the PM popup notification enabled? :) Other then that, dunno.

jdarling
12-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Which theme are you using?

I'm using the standard one, and have been since WILL put it back up.

Huehnerschaender
12-04-2006, 09:22 PM

I WANT THE GREMLIN!!!!! I really want it!! :lol:

Robert Kosek
12-04-2006, 09:41 PM
"Grah!! Check yur messeges oar els!"

:lol:

jdarling
12-04-2006, 09:58 PM
http://www.eonclash.com/Gremlin.png

Huehnerschaender
12-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Muahahaha!!!
This one is great!! Please integrate it in the popup!! :lol:

savage
12-04-2006, 10:35 PM

Have you got "Pop up window on new Private Message:" in your profile setting set to "Yes"?

jdarling
13-04-2006, 01:13 PM

Have you got "Pop up window on new Private Message:" in your profile setting set to "Yes"?

Shure did, but while checking it I noticed that I forgot to set "Notify on new Private Message" to YES :). I'll have to see if that helps matters a bit, guessing that it doesn't do any good to have pop-up turned on if you never get notified :).

savage
13-04-2006, 01:24 PM
I just PMed you so you can see if it works.