PDA

View Full Version : can we introduce this to undelphix

pixin
12-05-2006, 07:31 AM
hi , i think that a lot of people know about gfody website and the very fast libray called FASTLIB, wich for me is very amasing and strong, i like all things in it especially the alpha blending with mask daaaaamn it very fast and smoooooth, its possible to put alpha blending mask in delphix or undelphix ?? what do you think micrel ??? any one can help and let undelphix grow more ??

WILL
12-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Well continuing the (Un)DelphiX library would be great as it's so popular, however it's last 'unofficial' host has just shut down business. Perhaps savage and I would consider hosting an official/unofficial page for the classic library set.

However back to your question; considering that it has recently been updated to support hardware acceleration, I would not be able to rule it out. However I'm not familiar with it's source anymore so I believe that the recent contributors would be best to answer that. And it just so happens that some of those individuals visit here frequently. :)

User137
12-05-2006, 08:25 AM
If i heard right, soon coming new version of UnDelphiX already has possibility to 4 bytes textures.. if that is "alpha masking" you mean. Using alpha channeled png images becomes possible. Doesn't FASTLIB use software drawing?

What comes to speed, 3D cards can draw all kinds of textures about equal speed :wink: Alpha should look as fast as normal drawing, even better, rotating is as fast as normal too.

ijcro
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Well, new prepared version of unDelphiX signed 1.07 will works with alphachannel in DIB 32 bit in scheme RGBA (and into DIB will be put alphachannel layer too) and based on DXT, it works fine. I think that can be release next week, I have to test compatibility with Delphi 3..9

And bonus for all, I made midi list for store midi files similar wave list and playing midi from resource (needn't store midi into temp directory, play through DXMusic).

Regards

pixin
15-05-2006, 09:01 AM
wow sounds good 1.07 i like these numbers :D thanks ijcro your the delphi world Hero.............................................. .............................