PDA

View Full Version : Prize Mug Graphics -- Artists anyone?

WILL
14-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Well this is kind of embarassing... :doh:

The competition is over and there isn't any graphics for the Best Of Prize mugs...

Why?

Warning: This may take some time reading... (read as; if you don't care, just skip to the following paragraph, I won't mind. ;))

Well... I was looking into getting this sorted out during the competition however some Turkish dude decided he was angry at his partents and hated the way growing up wasn't the way he liked it, so he hacked our website for spite. Thanks to Dom(savage), this was not as painful as it could have been. (*big high five!* :D) Then the Canadian military decided that I should go to sea for a total of just over 3 months time out of the first half of the year. 'CF Rule #1: The CF hates you and you suck!' Then physical components of my laptop's harddrive --laptop that I dropped by some freak accident :roll: (that my 'real life' best friend will never let me live down) degraded to the point that it could no longer read the disc anymore. I was lucky enough to be able to get a nice one --this one, to replace it that very afternoon. Almost all my stuff was lost. Tears were not realized, but came damn near close. :| It was almost as bad as the time I broke my plastic chair (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=13319#13319), but not quite. *fights back tears* (strange rattling and clicking sounds included) Thats pretty much it really. So now you know the whole deal. My life for the first half of 2006! :P

So whats my damn point???

Well if I'm gonna give out prize mugs, wouldn't it be nice to have something pretty on it to tell you what you won it for? :scratch: I guess I'll have to ask for help now.

:lol: Seriously, I need an artist that can take the time (lets say a week or so) to work with me to design the graphics for them. Anyone interested?

I know this is sad, but well... "thems the breaks" as they say.

Huehnerschaender
14-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi Will,

this is such a sad story that I had a hard fight to hold my tears inside my head, too.

That's why I'd love to help you out, but there are 2 reasons why I can't:

1. I am no artist :)
2. Why should I design my own mugs :lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol:

Ok, just kidding :)

cairnswm
14-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I will approach IceBladeMush,the artist that did the work for VerneX and see if he would be interested in doing it. I know he would enjoy it - I'm not sure if he would have the time. If possible please send me the list of graphics ites needed and I'll pass it on (Send me a mail).

WILL
15-05-2006, 01:38 AM
Sorry William, it seems I was a tad overzelous. Alex is still interested in doing the graphics.

Big thanks though! I really appreciate your offer. :)

WILL
15-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Well it seem that this has been resolved. I hope everyone at least enjoyed my little tale of triumph and woe. ;)