PDA

View Full Version : unDelphiX 1.07 released now

ijcro
18-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Hello all!

New version 1.07 released now, can be downloaded from http://www.micrel.cz/Dx!

Sincerely

pixin
19-05-2006, 06:23 AM
woww that good news, thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

jdarling
19-05-2006, 01:03 PM
So everyone doesn't have to go looking for whats changed:

1.07 4.05.2006 JB., Speeder
*Restructuralize new code and get out renundant functions in TD2D
*Change routine into DDS like DrawAddCol(), DrawAlphaCol(), DrawSubCol(), DrawRotateAddCol(), DrawRotateSubCol(), DrawRotateAlphaCol() (thanks Speeder)
*Make better compatibility with Delphi 3
+Enhanced DIB unit for AlphaChannel compatibility
*Change routine DIB2DXT() for make DXT from DIB32 file in one line, primary use for load DIB 32 with Alphachannel.
10.05.2006 JB.
+New component TDXMusic for play midi file from resource like TDXWave + property editor for load midis.
*Better assembler for DDS Pixel property.
14.05.2006 JB.
*Fix bug in WaveX/WaveY function, remapping function for animated image from DXImageList.
*Accepted DIB32 for DDS
*Move D2DWhite, D2DAlphaVertex and D2DFade from procedure into function for better using.
18.05.2006 JB.
+Add ColoredLine() ans AntialiasLine() into DIB units with demo project.

Can't wait to get home, download, and attempt to re-build JumpStart with the new changes. Any API modifications?

technomage
19-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Hello all!

New version 1.07 released now, can be downloaded from http://www.micrel.cz/Dx!

Sincerely

Fantastic. ijcro, I have been looking for someone to take over the SXMedia source code for a last few years as I dont' have time to keep it up to date. I don't suppose you'd like to have it so you could merge it into unDelphiX. The main components are a Mod Player and a Movie player. The wouild probably need a few updates to get it up to the latest directX versions.

If you are interested let me know.

Dean

WILL
19-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Dean did you incorporate those updates that I made a few years ago to your version of the header for the MODPlug Sound System by Oliver? I even found a nerwer version than the one you used for SXMedia too.

Say the word and their yours.. or ijcro's to use for UnDelphiX. :D

I even made up documents for the library too.

technomage
19-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Never got the chance. Howevcer if you have the updated version and docs I can zip those up onto the cbco site :D

It would be nice to get them integrated into unDelphiX though.

czar
19-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Has anyone ever heard or had contact with Hori? Would be nice to be able to have undelphix receive an official status.

What is Hori doing these days? Nothing with Delphi I should think.

AthenaOfDelphi
21-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Has anyone else tried installing the latest version on Delphi 5, because I'm getting 2 compilation errors.

DXDraws.pas (5938): Constant object cannot be passed as var parameter
DXDraws.pas (11461): Constant object cannot be passed as var parameter

The parameter in question is:-

const
BackBufferCaps: TDDSCaps = (dwCaps: DDSCAPS_BACKBUFFER);

AthenaOfDelphi
21-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Just for some feedback....

I fixed up the compilation errors as best I could, by changing BackBufferCaps to a variable and then I initialised it as follows:-

BackBufferCaps.dwCaps:=DDSCAPS_BACKBUFFER;

It compiled and installed.

I then recompiled our competition entry and it doesn't work. It runs like a dog and none of the surfaces that are blitted to the primary surface are visible. Needless to say, I'm downgrading back to 1.05.

ijcro
21-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Sorry friends, in version 1.07 was wrong configuration file (for developing only); now is corrected in 1.07a version, please download it again and use it.

I saw SXMedia and I have it installed too. I have plan integrate it into unDelphiX, but without any dependencies. I welcome your interest!

Now I preparing ParticleSprite, DIBeffect editor and integrated map editor for background sprite. Integration SXMedia can be like side effect in this way for me.

Regards

AthenaOfDelphi
21-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi ijcro,

I've just downloaded the latest version and tried it. It compiled without any errors this time, but its still broken (at least from the perspective of a 1.05 user that doesn't have any issues with the older version).

If you need more information, let me know what you require and I'll do my best to help.

WILL
27-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Here is a copy of my own release of the MPP SDK header that I released back in '03. :D

MODPlug SDK for Delphi 1.0 (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/files/188/ModPlugSDKforDelphi10.zip)

I believe that you'll find the documentation I wrote to be somewhat helpful.

WILL
27-05-2006, 06:31 AM
What are the odds of making UnDelphiX into UnDelphiX/LazarusX?

ijcro
28-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi ijcro,

I've just downloaded the latest version and tried it. It compiled without any errors this time, but its still broken (at least from the perspective of a 1.05 user that doesn't have any issues with the older version).

If you need more information, let me know what you require and I'll do my best to help.

Whan type of problem you have? I don't understand 'its still broken'. Picture broken? Texture wrong? Transparent color no works?

AthenaOfDelphi
28-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I've replied to the PM you sent me, but the problem is essentially that if I draw on a surface that is bigger than the TDXDraw.surface, then try and blit (using the fast method) a portion of the surface onto TDXDraw.surface, it doesn't work. Nothing is blitted to the primary TDXDraw.surface.

seiferalmasy
03-06-2006, 04:17 PM
follow on from email and other forum:

Bugs:

1. Force feedback in delphix is limited. Still does not work for any USB controller I have tried.

2. Usedirectinput makes digital pad uncontrollable, switched to analog to compensate

3. Dxtimer does not achieve any where near 1 ms resolution (interval :=1) on certain machines, unknown cause. So far only on XP machines, 5 different machines now tested. Intervals of 0 (realtime) do work as expected however.

The Forcefeedback cannot be to hard to find the thing that is causing the problem. I assumed it was totally integrated with directx so this should not be an issue. If I knew what the hell I was doing I would have fixed it but I am a lowly beginner :(

seiferalmasy
04-06-2006, 04:00 PM
actually, just out of curiosity, has ANYONE ever got force feedback working with delphix? I have tried 3 USB controllers now, and ZIP.

WILL
04-06-2006, 04:35 PM
IIRC, Hori never completed support for ForceFeedback. It's incomplete right now, unless someone had finished the work. I don't think that Jaro did any work on those (yet), instead focusing on DirectDraw and Direct3D instead. Am I right?

seiferalmasy
04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Thankyou :) it is a pity this isnt documented in the help file...would have saved me a few hours :)

anyway, hopefully someone will sort it

WILL
04-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Well this is not 100% a sure thing, but there are behind the scenes developments to revamp the old DelphiX/UnDelphiX package and give it a new home, so far all is going to plan, but we still have some work to do before we go officially public with the idea. I may be jumping the gun a bit, but be careful what you ask for. ;)

ijcro
04-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks for reply. I have old japanese version only, I try do any in.
Regards

ijcro
05-06-2006, 06:26 AM
I have a RumblePad USB, now and only. It is device, than it I can use for work. I haven't got other.

WILL
05-06-2006, 06:38 AM
It's something. :) Does any of the FFB functions work for it right now?

seiferalmasy
05-06-2006, 08:53 AM
It is quite possible that if you get it to work with that pad, all others will work too, or atleast there will be a major improvement from 0 to hero ;)

Speeeder
17-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Aaahh... The "new" TDirectDrawSurface things, like DrawAdd still forget the SrcRect parameter in the new version... I know that you like to write every character of DXDraws, so I won't send you any source code, but say if you want me to :)

(D2DRenderDDS... hmmm... :))
(Oh, and I just noticed the same in D2DRenderColDDS :P)

Speeeder
17-06-2006, 04:02 PM
oh, yea, one more lil bug...
In D2DTexturedOnDDS there are the lines:
FD2DTexture.Texture[I].FloatX2 := SrcX * (SubPatternRect.Right - 1);
FD2DTexture.Texture[I].FloatY2 := SrcY * (SubPatternRect.Bottom - 1);

Those -1s are incorrect...
(At least it clearly seemed so with TDirectDrawSurface's DrawAddCol... After correcting it, I haven't seen anything being drawn badly, so I assume it was incorrect)

ijcro
20-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Sorry, but I think that I used your code. So you wrote that no. Sorry, sorry.
I had to reorganize methods because it isn't clearly (and some functions forgotten).

Edit: It was refactored...

Speeeder
21-06-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm pretty sure I have corrected those, but no problem! I guess I might have forgotten to mention you those as well... Anyway, point is the point, those were bugged :)

seiferalmasy
03-09-2006, 06:44 AM
I have a problem with undelphix, possibly a bug? When an animation occurs, the sprite flickers once amd because I have many sprites moving, animating they are all disappearing and reappearing.

In delphix original no such thing occurs

pixin
04-09-2006, 10:16 AM
yeah there is actually a bug in undelphix 1.07 just switch to undelphix 1.05 or 1.06 it works with no problem..we are just waiting to hear from the undelphix man 'Ijcro'...

seiferalmasy
04-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Are there any plans to add support for full collision detection pixelchecking with animating sprites?

and that bug I mentioned is still theer in version 6

ijcro
14-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi,

Sorry, hardware mode unsupported pixel check for two images because speed is lost. DXClass unit contain some functions for collision detect, or you can try regions and intersect there.

seiferalmasy
14-09-2006, 08:23 PM
and no future plans to change it;) :D

and...what about the flickering sprites? I will supply example later perhaps

ijcro
14-09-2006, 09:13 PM
My plans for near future?

I have to finish the particle sprite with 15 type of particle effects (I must make 12 constructors only).

This should be released in version 1.08...

pixin
14-09-2006, 10:13 PM
coooooool Ijcro, work work... 8)

ijcro
14-09-2006, 10:15 PM
To PIXIN

Can you help me?

Speeeder
15-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Ijcro, I would help you, but my knowledge in pure DirectX is very minimal... So I doubt I could :)

pixin
15-09-2006, 11:16 AM
i like to IJCRO but im not a good programer or a low level coder..im just a starter :oops: , my job is a 2d/3d designer for architects , but if u want me to help u in some graphics..i will be pleased..but i really appreciate your job u are the only one of few that resisting to make delphix live longer...

ijcro
17-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Welcome!
Anybody help me, then when write simple demo for some function or aspect in unDelphiX, no included in pack all-in-one. Or test demo for testing functionality in critical place too!

ijcro
21-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Patch unDelphiX 1.07b released.
Regards

pixin
23-09-2006, 11:27 PM
links is not working....

ijcro
24-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Working it, try it again please.

savage
24-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi ijcro,
There were a couple of DelphiX questions posted a few days ago, if you have a moment, can you possibly share some of your DelphiX knowledge with these newer users of DelphiX?

ijcro
24-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I think that the site like Turbo is missing there.
When you want establish a new site hosting, I'm not going to opposite.
But unDelphiX has new home on my page now, and here is very good forum. An here can be save last version of unDelphiX too, what do you know?

Every day many forums begins a and they have the same problem. The content spray to piece of community problems and forums die down by time. It is fine to help beginners, but for many from them is only start to other work. And for other is it answerer only. It is to small. Why anybody too few write about their suggestions, experience or solutions?

I think, that good tutorials are missing at one the place. Is place here good for uploading any documentation, tutorials or FAQs ?

I have a plan for grow unDelphiX, but I see the limits there. I have to look my daily bread, and my work for any community is its bordered. My primary job is other.

Anybody can write me, what they want in new version or they send me snippet of our code for new function or functionality. Or else without users mirrot unDelphiX no grow, vegetablize only.

And when is error detected, very help me little demo for illustration this.

Eh, sorry for long text...

WILL
25-09-2006, 09:35 PM
The new UnDelphiX (PGD hosted) site was put on the back burner due to the PGD Annual and my busy schedule, but if you would like I can see about continuing this effort in a few weeks or so...

The main issue is bandwidth. If you open a sourceforge project and host it there we can of course host the more presentational side of the site.

We (Dom and myself) where also looking at doing this for JEDI-SDL (under the PGD umbrella) as the JEDI site is quite neglected and the project already managed by sourceforge.

seiferalmasy
27-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Anyone got any clue why I get flickering with the last 2 main versions of undelphix? The sprite flicers once at start of the animation....

does not happen in original delphix. Ask and I provide example?

ijcro
27-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Can you send me a simple example (source) illustrate this problem? Thank you

FNX
27-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I corrected it some time ago, if i remember well it should be
something like:

function TImageSprite.GetDrawImageIndex: integer;
begin
Result := FAnimStart + Trunc(FAnimPos);
end;

that should be

function TImageSprite.GetDrawImageIndex: integer;
begin
Result := FAnimStart + Round(FAnimPos);
end;

or vice versa...

anyway is the algo that calc the position of the frame to draw, sure about
this :)

ijcro
28-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Current version of DXSprite unit use Round() function.
What version you have on your mind?

FNX
28-09-2006, 08:41 PM
ijcro,
i just picked up an old delphix version that i had on my laptop just to
tell you where to search for the solution.

As i said the above example could be inverted... Anyway i was just sure
that sprites flicker in a "some months ago" version because the procedure
to calc what frame to draw was wrong. to have an idea just do this:

-create a simple sprite movement routine, with a very low timer
-show offscreen the animpos changing during time

so you can see that the frames are not drawn for the same amount of
time, obviously coded with costant fps.

I did it some months ago for a game because i changed my pc twice and
i had to port it from Dx to uDx.

If i have time i'll provide the example i'm speaking about :)

ijcro
28-09-2006, 10:01 PM
It is fine.

Ahoy to sunny Italy!