PDA

View Full Version : DelphiX and Windows GUI

patroclus02
04-03-2003, 01:57 PM
For a game I'm writting, I'm thinking of using the standar components and windows (to save work ant time doing all of them graphically), but use also graphic stuff (with delphiX, for example). Is it possible to mix both without problems??

Traveler
04-03-2003, 04:46 PM
I have used several components in combination with delphiX in the past. Mostly for testing purposes, though.

The edit component however is still my favorite way for retrieving values like a player's name.

Stevie56
04-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Yes it is one of the better features of DelphiX that, for example the DXDraw component is automatically resizeable, unlike most other DX interfaces.

At its simplest, my development work puts a DXDraw on a form with a panel aligned to the bottom with buttons and labels for debug tests and reports. When ready for distribution, the panel is hidden.

For more complex work and, just plain explorative tests, the DXDraw component is aligned to the left with a slider control and a memo aligned to the client where each routine sends a report line.

patroclus02
04-03-2003, 07:52 PM
So you guys tell me that it's fine to combine both components, don't you?

I'm working on another game (far more complex) and I want to use a better tool than delphiX (like PowerDraw or Omega), but for this one I was wondering if I could use DelphiX with other windows components such as lists or edit's, etc..

;)

Stevie56
31-03-2003, 05:52 PM
The answer is yes.