PDA

View Full Version : Invite to Japanese and Chinese (and all Asian) Programmers!

WILL
09-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Now this may seem like an odd topic, but just like it says in the Subject Title, it's an invite to both Japanese and Chinese programmers. Well everyone in the Asian continent really! :)

I've noticed that the majority of people that post here are rom either Europe, America (North and a little bit in the South) and some parts of Africa, but not so much from Asia. (save for our Russian friends who can I guess be in either as the country spans across both continents :))

The main reason I specified Japan and China specifically is because Japan is probably one of --if not-- the most technologically advanced country in the world and China has the biggest population in the world besides not being very far behind in all the lovely techy toys we have here in North America and growing like wild-fire. So why have we next to no members from these two powerhouse countries on our site at all?

I'd like to know, if there is any, what sort of issues the asian community might have with visiting or accessing the site. As mentioned in a previous thread here on PGD, a person from China was having trouble accesing the site through one of our domain name addresses. Does anyone have any speculation as to why that might be? Any way that we can improve upon that issue?

Please anyone feel free to make suggestions or ideas. I'd like PGD to become more accessable to the entire international community if possible.

WILL
17-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Well we are getting more people from China visiting... the dead site! :doh:

:? Figures, but then there are those that are still voting on the Language poll... so... :scratch:

No Japanese folks out there?

:lol: You know India and Pakistan is my next target. :D

I want to account for at least one person in each country, thats my plan. ;)

dmantione
17-07-2006, 04:49 PM
I have heard from multiple people who have been to Japan that it can be very hard to find someone who can speak English. Even if you find one it can be hard to make yourself understandable.

I think it is hard to attract people from those countries with an English web site. Only an elite in those countries an speak English and the ones who do often do it at a much lower level than we do. It is not like Europe where everyone gets thaught a few languages.

WILL
17-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Ah... well makes sense.

I guess I'm just looking for another Hori. :lol: