PDA

View Full Version : You know it makes sense...

savage
13-06-2006, 08:53 AM
You know it makes sense : http://www.ie7.com/

Actually just a quick straw poll, which is your prefered browser?

Lord_ZealoN
13-06-2006, 09:05 AM
You know it makes sense : http://www.ie7.com/

Actually just a quick straw poll, which is your prefered browser?

Firefox of course. The plugins are amazing (and the power of tabs :D )

EDITED

I didn't saw the link lol :lol:

savage
13-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Obviously the 12 or so people that viewed the thread had some preconceived ideas about the link and probably didn't click on it.

Huehnerschaender
13-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I clicked on it ^^

But I am "damned" to use IE, because I am not allowed to install anything else on my office PC.

And at home..... hmmm.... never tried Firefox, because I am used to IE. Maybe I should give it a try....

Imp5
13-06-2006, 03:44 PM
>>Actually just a quick straw poll, which is your prefered browser?

Firefox for pascalgamedevelopment.com, di.fm and Opera for others

idee_fixe
13-06-2006, 03:47 PM
That's a funny (or sneaky) link! I use the beta of IE 7 at work, and i actually like it quite a bit. it doesn't remember usernames and passwords for some reason - a security feature i guess. And now that it has tabs, it's got all the features firefox does (sans plugins), plus it looks a bit more polished than firefox.

Firefox is a very good browser and I was more than ready to kiss IE goodbye, but the new beta is actually fairly decent. Now I just run both.

NecroDOME
13-06-2006, 04:07 PM
just perfect :D

The only browser I use is firefox :D (with IE tab to view cause some idoits making pages that can only be viewed within IE :| )

Robert Kosek
13-06-2006, 04:21 PM
I love Firefox.

I've had posts waiting for my terrible DSL connection, ask ATT/SBC why I hate their service, and lost them with IE's bungling of forms and preserved them for hours and numerous attempts with Firefox.

grudzio
13-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I use Firefox. It is slower than Opera, but I like it anyway. And of course as Lord_ZealoN mentioned, the power of plugins is not to be underestimated. :D

technomage
13-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Firefox, and now I found the IE Tabs plugin for fire fox I never have to leave it :D.

jdarling
13-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Firefox, and now I found the IE Tabs plugin for fire fox I never have to leave it :D.

IE Tabs plugin??? FireFox has supported tabs for the past 3 or 4 versions, with a few simple changes what IE has "invented" has been around for quite some time :)

Robert Kosek
13-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Um, you misunderstand jdarling, an IE "Tab" within Firefox. IE in Firefox.

jdarling
13-06-2006, 05:51 PM

Yeah... I feel sheepish... Just went out and found the plugin, I'll have to try it out :).

PS: Monk-e-mail your friends (http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/) :)

Lord_ZealoN
13-06-2006, 05:54 PM

OMG, i didn't know this.

WILL
13-06-2006, 09:12 PM
FireFox all the way. Why have more than one program to do one job? :lol: If some idiot wants to make his site IE viewable only, he won't be receiving my viewership. :P

Besides FireFox is worlds ahead of IE at this point, Microsoft got way too lazy. Or should I say didn't pay enough to kep their production team innovative enough perhaps. ;)

FNX
13-06-2006, 09:29 PM
I use Avant Browser and i'm in love with it!

The engine is based on IE but the interface is much more practical!
Anyway i got IE, Avant and Firefox installed, i can't say why use one or
another, politic reasons apart i can't see much differences between the contenders out there.. IMO ;)

cragwolf
14-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Links. :) Nah, Firefox.

cairnswm
14-06-2006, 07:01 AM
I wonder why more plugings arn;t made for IE? The interfaces are avaialble and can be used in Delphi. So far I have added popup menu links - copy and paste functionality and even new Toolbars (all using Delphi).

fragle
15-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Ardent Opera user myself ;) All its quirks, mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts have grown deep into me head over the years, so i don't see any reason to change it to anything else. And closed source doesn't scare me one bit :P

Firefox for pascalgamedevelopment.com, di.fm and Opera for others Why FF for the two sites? Seem to be working fine for me in Opera :)

A quick thought regarding IE: i'd guess that with the release of IE 7 Microsoft might very well stop the migration to alternative browsers again, since it will once more have most of the de-facto features the other browsers have and joe average wants.. Just my $0.02 ;)