PDA

View Full Version : World Cup - who to you think will win??

savage
21-06-2006, 04:13 PM
I was going to turn this into a poll, but thought better of it. So as we reach the last 16 teams which team is your pick to win?

I've been impressed by Argentina and Spain, though German look pretty good as well. Brazil look like they are on holiday and only doing enough to get through to the the next round.

The one thing that drive me *spare* is the constant faking of injuries and therefore in my book cheating. They need to either introduce video referees or some rules like, if you are injured you need to get off the pitch for 2 minutes before coming back on. This should hopefully stop most of the cheating involved and would make the game more enjoyable to watch. Also introduce electonic tags i the boots and the ball to ensure the offside rule is enforced properly.
Humans = Errors and prone to bribes. If anyone saw the Italy Vs USA match you'll know what I mean.

Legolas
21-06-2006, 04:41 PM
I was going to turn this into a poll, but thought better of it. So as we reach the last 16 teams which team is your pick to win?

I've been impressed by Argentina and Spain, though German look pretty good as well. Brazil look like they are on holiday and only doing enough to get through to the the next round.

The one thing that drive me *spare* is the constant faking of injuries and therefore in my book cheating. They need to either introduce video referees or some rules like, if you are injured you need to get off the pitch for 2 minutes before coming back on. This should hopefully stop most of the cheating involved and would make the game more enjoyable to watch. Also introduce electonic tags i the boots and the ball to ensure the offside rule is enforced properly.
Humans = Errors and prone to bribes. If anyone saw the Italy Vs USA match you'll know what I mean.

I bet my euro for Argentina :)
About Italy VS USA: maybe the worst match ever in the whole world cup history :evil:

Robert Kosek
21-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Having played soccer for 7 years as a kid, I consider the USA vs Italy match a complete joke.

I'd say Argentina, maybe someone else. I've not seen all the games though. The Brazil vs Australia match was entertaining IMO.

Savage, you realize that offsides is only ever called when the player is passed to, or is "in play" not when the others players are passing around within themselves.

And faking injuries is a complete cheat, especially if someone is carded for it. Just remember that there's only 1 ref and he's only capable of seeing so much.

savage
22-06-2006, 06:52 AM
I'd say Argentina, maybe someone else. I've not seen all the games though. The Brazil vs Australia match was entertaining IMO.

I also thought it was entertaining and was hoping Australia would win, but they totally failed to put anything in the back of the net. They had a lot more opportunities than Brazil, but never managed to capitalise on them. I'm hoping they beat Croatia to get through to the next round.

Other teams that I like are Spain and Portugal.

For me the goal of the tournament so far is the goal scored by Joe Cole from England. Absolute scorcher!

PS. I am aware of the offside rule. I played football as a kid and even helped coach some under 8s as well, way back then.

cairnswm
22-06-2006, 07:50 AM
I agree with Nostradamus - Spain will win :)

Huehnerschaender
22-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Of course germany will win :)

Ok, just dreaming ;)

But hey, they won the first 3 games!
Ok, not the best opponents, but they won *hrhr*

Fortunately they don't have to play vs England next....

savage
22-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Fortunately they don't have to play vs England next....

I think if Germany played England, Germany would win. England seem to play well for the first half of the game, then they fall asleep. It's happened in all of their 3 matches. As soon as they score a goal, they switch to lethargic mode and let the other team catch up. They just don't seem hungry enough. No "Eye of the Tiger" ;).

Firlefanz
22-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Of course I hope for Germany! :D
Go germany go!

Argentinia has the best chance I guess, maybe also Holland.

But Germany has also a good chance, the first 3 games were pretty good.

Firle

alexione
22-06-2006, 11:08 PM
My guess - Argentina... Unfortunately, somebody also has to be the worst one, and this time it's my country :( With goal difference 2:10 (6 "got" from Argentina) and all games lost no chance there will be someone worse.... If that match is a joke, then this is what I call real shame!

paul_nicholls
23-06-2006, 02:33 AM
I'm sure they won't win, but

GO AUSTRALIA!! :)

Paul.

cragwolf
23-06-2006, 08:30 AM
My guess - Argentina... Unfortunately, somebody also has to be the worst one, and this time it's my country :(

I don't know about that. Serbian team does have tendency to implode, but my team (Croatia) is worse than yours, they didn't even deserve to be there. Your team had a very tough group.

savage
23-06-2006, 09:10 AM
The Australia Vs Crotia match was incredible in terms of highs and lows. The referee was a joke. He missed at least 2 penalty opportunities in favour of the Australians and then awarded an Australian goal where 2 of them were offside. I think the best team won, but the refereeing decisions were appalling.

Australia will have it tough against Italy's defence and they need to get rid of their new goalie and go back to using their No. 1 goalie. Australia have the ability to get the ball into the goal area, but they are terrible finishers. They tend to do the hard work of getting the ball there and then wait for the opposition's defence to surround them, thus making a shot nearly impossible on goal. Even against Brazil they did this and messed up loads of opportunities. And in all their matches they have had the most shots on goal compared to their opposition. They can't afford to mess these things up against Italy.

The Brazil we know and love came alive last night and I think are the team to beat.

cragwolf
23-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Australia played a woeful Japan, a lazy Brazil, and an incompetent Croatia. Nevertheless, they have done well to reach the second round, coming back from deficits on three occasions (0-1 Japan, 0-1 Croatia, 1-2 Croatia), which is incredible at this level of the game. They have fully deserved all their results. I hope they can pull off an upset against the negative Italian team.

Legolas
23-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Australia played a woeful Japan, a lazy Brazil, and an incompetent Croatia. Nevertheless, they have done well to reach the second round, coming back from deficits on three occasions (0-1 Japan, 0-1 Croatia, 1-2 Croatia), which is incredible at this level of the game. They have fully deserved all their results. I hope they can pull off an upset against the negative Italian team.
Unfortunately my team (italy) had a hard group (not like argentina but hard :))... And we are playing all matches in 10, because of a fat, arrogant, overestimated, ignorant boy, that spits here and there and does not run at all (totti). I hope that in the next match someone will break his legs, so maybe we could play a better football :roll:

grudzio
23-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I think Brasil has best chances to win. As Cragwolf mentioned they play lazily, but that is because they didn't play against an opponent who would really test their skil.

I am very curious to see how Spain and England will be doing. In my opinion they (and Argentina) are the only teams that can stop Brasil.

Unfortunatelly my personal favourites are doing not very well. Netherlands plays badly and Czechs are going home. (not to mention Poland :cry: )

I am also very curious if France is going to make it to the 1/8 finals.

cragwolf
24-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Unfortunately my team (italy) had a hard group (not like argentina but hard :))... And we are playing all matches in 10, because of a fat, arrogant, overestimated, ignorant boy, that spits here and there and does not run at all (totti). I hope that in the next match someone will break his legs, so maybe we could play a better football :roll:

I thought Italy played very well against Ghana, that was a good match. Against the USA they played very strangely, and against the Czechs they were very negative, but I suppose they got the result they wanted.

savage
26-06-2006, 07:48 AM
I was hoping Mexico would cause an upset and defeat Argentina, but alas it was not to be, I'll have to hope the Germans can beat them.

England did enough to get through and actually looked better than they have all competition. Beckam's bend was impressive.

The Portugal/Holland match was incredible. I blame the players for not thinking. If they know a referee is cracking down on stupid behaviour, they should put 2 brain cells together and behave themselves. Anyway I think Portugal did well to get through and England are lucky that the key Portugal players will be out for the next match.

I am still hopefull that Australia can upset Italy this afternoon, though the chances are slim to none. Either way Australia should be happy to have made it this far. Especially considering that football in Australia has not been a very popular sport until now. Australians prefer other sports like Australian rules football, tennis, rugby, swimming, hockey, basketball and even triathlons ahead of football/soccer. I think that since they have progressed so far, more money will be spent on the Australian soccer/football programmes in the country, so they should hopefully do better in the next world cup.

Huehnerschaender
26-06-2006, 08:43 AM
The germans did a quite good job until now. But unfortunately next match is against Argentinia and I don't hope, but guess that we are out after the next match.

But who knows? Even Argentinia is only a bunch of eleven human beings....

I don't give up hope... ^^

Greets,
Dirk

Firlefanz
26-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi!

Germany played great the last games. I think Argentinia is very strong and the winner of the match could be the next World Cup winner.

But if we play like in the last games we have a good chance. :roll:

Firle

savage
26-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Australia were robbed! But that is football as it is today. Players can fake all sorts of stuff and win crucial matches. I hope that Fifa really look at adding a video referee as other sports have adopted in order to make the gameplay fairer.

Well next one is Switzerland Vs Ukraine. I think the Swiss should take that one cause Ukraine were not very strong in the earlier rounds.

Legolas
26-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Australia were robbed! But that is football as it is today. Players can fake all sorts of stuff and win crucial matches. I hope that Fifa really look at adding a video referee as other sports have adopted in order to make the gameplay fairer.

Well next one is Switzerland Vs Ukraine. I think the Swiss should take that one cause Ukraine were not very strong in the earlier rounds.
I don't think so :wink:
We played in 10 for an half because a red card given for an italian foul over another italian player :shock:
BTW Australia has played a very good match, lacking a bit on forward players (maybe because our defenders are very strong :))

savage
26-06-2006, 07:51 PM
I agree that Italy has excellent defenders, they have always had excellent defenders. But at the same time Australia has poor strikers. Australia lacked the finishing touch. They had most of the possession of the ball ( check the stats on the game - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5103890.stm ), but again, like in all their matches they did not know how to put it in the back of the net. They do all the hard work of getting the ball up there and then fail at the vital step. They failed to looked threatening, while Italy looked threatening the times they got the ball.

I think with the right coach and a change of mental attitude, Australia will be football force in years to come, and having reached this far, it will definatley get more kids/teenagers playing.

Btw, Christian VIERI ( though I don't think he plays for the national team anymore, though be played in the last world cup ) actually grew up in Australia, but his father saw that he had talent and moved back to Italy for him to develop his football talent, because at the time Australia did not take football seriously.

czar
26-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Australia were robbed.

Guus did a fine job getting the Australian team to such a high level. You could see touches of classic Dutch football shining through. (Not like how the Dutch have recently been playing).

Australia were the better team on the day but that was not reflected in the score.

Legolas
26-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I considered that thinking to be robbed for an unlucky defeat was an italian attitude ;) :D
IMHO we were lucky because kewell (the jewel!) was injured...
About Vieri, he was injured too, so he wasn't called for world cup tournament.

Guus Hiddink is a great coach but this defeat is a revenge for the way we was eliminated 4 years ago by south corea: he said that referee (marvelous Byron Moreno, that after this match was struk off) is a man and he can get wrong (2 good goals canceled and a "strange" red card). Then i would like to say to Mr. Hiddink: "Referee is a man. Goodbye..." :mrgreen:

czar
27-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Who knows we may see England stumble to victory.

I hope not though. I think Argentina are doing quite well. And I believe Germany may go a long way.

cragwolf
27-06-2006, 07:29 AM
I didn't think it was a penalty, but I didn't think it was a red card either. Australia had nothing up front, but the Italians were impregnable at the back anyway. Possession isn't everything, Italy in the 1st half when they had 11 men looked more dangerous and more likely to score, even though Australia had 54% possession. It's a shame the game ended like it did, but that's football.

Ukraine vs Switzerland, zzzzzz. FIFA please replace Ukraine with a decent team like Holland, Mexico or Ivory Coast.

savage
27-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Ukraine vs Switzerland, zzzzzz. FIFA please replace Ukraine with a decent team like Holland, Mexico or Ivory Coast.

I was so bored after full time that I went to bed to avoid watching extra time. I heard that even the penalties were boring!! Apparently there was not even 1 offside!!

grudzio
27-06-2006, 02:28 PM
I was so bored after full time that I went to bed to avoid watching extra time. I heard that even the penalties were boring!! Apparently there was not even 1 offside!!

There was one somewhere around 80th minute.
Well the games are getting worse and worse. Next time I am going to watch a game I am taking a book with me.

savage
28-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I expected more from Spain, but again it's another game where a fake foul ( Tierry Henry ) turned the game around. Last world cup we had Rivaldo faking being hit in the face, this time we have Henry.,and it clearly shows that cheating pays off.

czar
28-06-2006, 09:12 AM
It is high time for a video ref.

A video referee is used in most other sports. In Rugby it seems to work well so I should think it would be a no brainer to have that ability to check the video footage in football.

savage
28-06-2006, 09:33 AM
I agree and it would not stop the flow of the game that much as it should only be used when yellow, red or penalties are about to be awarded. Therefore for only the most serious offences. This would get rid of the stuff that makes the game a joke and would minimise the number of injustices.

WILL
28-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Though not a much of a sports guy, I was watching the Brazil-Guana game yesterday. Quite painfully too. :P 3 - 0 Brazil.

How about that English grass though Dom? ;)

:lol: Thought that was a bit funny when I heard that...

Traveler
28-06-2006, 08:17 PM
How about that English grass though Dom?

I think I misunderstood that, but I heard the grass was supplied by both dutch and german companies. :?

WILL
29-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Oh just kick the damn ball people! :P

:lol: And to think that I was under the impression that only hippies complained about 'bad grass'. ;)

czar
30-06-2006, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRO626ImQek

Italian training session ;)

Legolas
30-06-2006, 11:20 AM

:roll:

savage
30-06-2006, 06:03 PM

I remember that advert. Most amusing and highly accurate ;).

On another note, never before have I felt so German as I did today. I cheered at the equaliser, which was quality, and cheered again when they scored every penalty.

Still loads of diving from both teams though :(. I suppose I should just shut up about that now, as I'm even sick of talking about it.

WILL
30-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Where is AI Dave's Cheer Game Engine SDK when you need it. :P

Huehnerschaender
30-06-2006, 11:52 PM
we have beaten argentina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ole ole ole ole !!!!!

:)

good night everyone... germany is a party from now on ^^

savage
01-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Hi Dirk,
I hear that Jurgen Klinsman was being critised quite heavily by the press before the competition. That his new team and their strategy weren't any good. What are they saying now? Though I have to say they are not taking as many shots from outside the box as they were in the earlier round.

Huehnerschaender
01-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Yes, press lost no good word about the way he trained the german team. But guess what, now they are all happy, saying that it seems to be exact the right way to get a good team etc.

It's always the same with medias... be succesfull and you are a god, be unsuccessful and they say they always knew that it's wrong what you are doing. Right now, J?ērgen Klinsman was promoted from a jumping jack to a hero. And they don't lose any word about what they said weeks and months before. That's life.

The game itself was very hard for the germans, Argentina is a very aggressive and very well playing soccer team. I think a good portion of luck helped the german team yesterday. Considering only the technical gameplay they must have lost. But fortunately Lehmann killed two penalties. It was hard to fall asleep yesterday, with all that car horns and yelling crowds outside at night! :)

Now, lets wait and see what happens next. With Argentina beaten, the germans now have a real chance to get the cup in my honest opinion.

Greetings,
Dirk

savage
01-07-2006, 04:40 PM
the germans now have a real chance to get the cup in my honest opinion.

I have to agree since all they need to do is beat Italy to get to the final. They should be able to beat Italy as it is not their best side.

England look like they may be out with 10 minutes to play and only 10 men. I hope the press crucify Rooney for his stupidity and getting himself red carded.

Robert Kosek
01-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Awesome game with Germany vs Argentina, and congratulations on the win!

The shootout was amazing with the German's accuracy, and it was the first time in 11 years!? (I thought it was 4 years per WC...)

I'd love to see Brazil vs Germany in the final match... :D

Legolas
01-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Now, lets wait and see what happens next. With Argentina beaten, the germans now have a real chance to get the cup in my honest opinion.

I have to agree since all they need to do is beat Italy to get to the final. They should be able to beat Italy as it is not their best side.

I'd love to see Brazil vs Germany in the final match...

See you all in hell :twisted: :hellspawn: :mrgreen:

We already "destroyed" Germany some months ago (4-1)... Yes, it was a friendly match, but I hope we'll win again :D
Moreover, in 1990 Germany won world cup in Italy, so it could be a nice return if we win in Germany :mrgreen:

Edit: If we'll win world cup, I'll run naked on this forum :mrgreen: :rambo:

savage
01-07-2006, 10:42 PM
See you all in hell :twisted: :hellspawn: :mrgreen:

We already "destroyed" Germany some months ago (4-1)... Yes, it was a friendly match, but I hope we'll win again :D
Moreover, in 1990 Germany won world cup in Italy, so it could be a nice return if we win in Germany :mrgreen:

Edit: If we'll win world cup, I'll run naked on this forum :mrgreen: :rambo:

Italy have a habit of getting the results when it counts, so we may have to hold you to the running naked through the forum. :).

I just hope it doesn't go to penalties again. I still think it is the worse way to decide any sort of game. They should get rid of it and just let the teams keep playing untill the fittest team wins by scoring a goal or 2. Just keep have 15 minutes half and after each half hour if it is still equal play another half an hour. I bet all the fans would much rather that.
Tennis players have to play sets that last up to 5 hours 2 or 3 days running ( Nadal in the French Open ), why can't football players last that long?

czar
01-07-2006, 11:15 PM
A european final - I have to say I am surpised that neither Brazil or Argentina are in the top 4 - I wouldn't have picked it.

France vs Brazil was a nice game.

savage
01-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Yep France Vs Brazil was very nice. Brazil only played with 10 men. If they had substituted that lump of useless space, Ronaldo, they possibly could have won.

Actually every team I have backed, except for Germany, have lost so far.

cragwolf
02-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Hmm, I thought Ronaldo played OK, he had a few decent shots on goal. He's still fat, though. It was criminal, though, not to bring on Robinho earlier, or even start with him. Zidane was brilliant. And Ribery was not far behind. France completely outplayed Brazil, particularly in the midfield.

In the Portugal-England match, I thought C. Ronaldo, Hargreaves and Lennon were the standouts, and of course the Portuguese goalie for the PK saves. Neither team deserved to lose, but such is life. Rooney was an idiot.

Robert Kosek
02-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Actually every team I have backed, except for Germany, have lost so far.Same here. :lol:

I don't think that Brazil deserved a win versus France this year, they played pretty sloppily. France out passed, kicked and beat them with better team coordination. Isn't their goalie the exact same one from 8 years ago? He's an excellent 'keeper.

I find it amazing that there have been 2 shootouts in this season. Portugal and England played a long, hard game and in the end the Portugese won. Thumbs up for Portugal! :thumbup:

WILL
02-07-2006, 08:16 PM
I remember when I was a kid, the German when known to be the best a soccer. At least thats what I was taught by my surroundings. But honestly I don't know how I came to that conclusion since my household never watched Soccer(ahem sorry everywhere-else-but-NA-football), almost everything else... even golf. :roll: (I hate that sport soley because of that I think. Never stand between a 10 year old future geek and his NES playing I tells ya!)

grudzio
02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I remember when I was a kid, the German when known to be the best a soccer. At least thats what I was taught by my surroundings. But honestly I don't know how I came to that conclusion since my household never watched Soccer(ahem sorry everywhere-else-but-NA-football), almost everything else... even golf. :roll: (I hate that sport soley because of that I think. Never stand between a 10 year old future geek and his NES playing I tells ya!)
There is an old saying. Football is a game where twenty two men chase the ball and always Germany wins. And this time they really deserve to win because they play beautifull, offensive, open football.

I look forward to the final Germany vs. France. This would be a fantastic game.

czar
03-07-2006, 05:37 AM
@Will the term soccer is also used in Australia and New Zealand. Football or Footy refers to rugby.

While I really like Football(soccer) I find Rugby (either League or union) to be a more exciting sport to watch. Rugby make soccer players look like pansies ;)

savage
04-07-2006, 09:48 PM
WHAT A MATCH! One of the best of the tournament. I wanted Germany to win, but Italy scored some fantastic goals in the last 2 minutes of extra time.
Well done Italy!

Legolas
04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
WHAT A MATCH! One of the best of the tournament. I wanted Germany to win, but Italy scored some fantastic goals in the last 2 minutes of extra time.
Well done Italy!

YAY!!!! I have risked the coronary a bunch of times... at the first gol was a real bedlam here! All Italy is a big party now :D
Well, two (great) golas, a post and a crossbar hit... I'm very satisfied :mrgreen:

WILL
05-07-2006, 12:35 AM
I thought I heard that right. :) I was on base today and someone made a joke that he was doing better than Germany. (You know, "Hey how are ya?" ... ala witty response that follows) My response was something along the lines of :eh:...

I only got it later on while walking home a few hours ago. :P Oh, you poor poor soccer--*ahem* sorry, football fans. ;)

Firlefanz
05-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Nooooooooo! :shock: :( :x :? :x :cry:

savage
05-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Is it just me or is Carlos T?Švez ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_T%C3%A9vez ), the Argentinian striker, related to Lou_Ferrigno ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Ferrigno ).

savage
05-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Nooooooooo! :shock: :( :x :? :x :cry:

The Germans can always try and get their revenge during Euro 2008.

cragwolf
06-07-2006, 02:54 AM
Great performance by Italy, great game, deserved to win.

Disappointing match, France v Portugal, soft penalty milked by Henry, and C. Ronaldo continuing his cheating antics. Sad.

But, best two teams are in the final.

grudzio
09-07-2006, 09:53 PM
So it is Italy to become the World Champions. During the game it looked that the French are going to win - they were the better team in my opinion, but they were not able to score a goal. It reminds me of a last European Championship final Greece vs. Portugal. The Portugese dominated througout the game, but Greeks won. Same here. Italians defended briliantly. Even if Zidane didn't get a red card, it would have end up with the penalites. And penalties are like a dice roll... Anyone can win.

Legolas
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/479/l20128509hg.jpg

Champions. Period.

:king: :joker: :clap: :shhh: :toocool: :drunk: :mrgreen:

czar
09-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Weren't you gonna run naked if Italy won? :twisted:

Legolas
10-07-2006, 12:01 AM

Already done, but no one was here :toothy:

cragwolf
10-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Dramatic final. Not since a little affair between Argentina-Germany (1986) have we had a final like this. Zidane almost a hero with his header provoking a reflex save from Buffon, and then his other "header" provoking a red card from the referee, turning him into a villian. They're only human, after all.

cragwolf
10-07-2006, 12:18 AM

Already done, but no one was here :toothy:

No, I was there, and I took your picture:

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/5uggies.jpg

:lol:

savage
10-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Congratulation to Italy! Well done for keeping their heads when it came to penalties and scoring every single one of them. The English team could learn a few things about taking penalties from the Italians and the Germans.

Could anyone who is Italian please PM me what Materazzi actually said to Zidane, to push him over the edge like that. Amazing to see a guy who has been almost a statesman for the sport reduced to hooliganism.

Legolas
10-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Congratulation to Italy! Well done for keeping their heads when it came to penalties and scoring every single one of them. The English team could learn a few things about taking penalties from the Italians and the Germans.

Could anyone who is Italian please PM me what Materazzi actually said to Zidane, to push him over the edge like that. Amazing to see a guy who has been almost a statesman for the sport reduced to hooliganism.

Materazzi is known in Italy to be a provocator and quarrelsome, so I'm pretty sure that he insulted zidane for 120 minutes... :roll:
Someone tells that Materazzi called zidane "terrorist", but it is only a guess

FNX
10-07-2006, 12:24 PM
This is the real ITALIAN BIG HEART!

this is the most funny and quickly coded game ever about the "World Cup
Top Player"... http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

Anyway, THE CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!!!!

FNX
10-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Materazzi is known in Italy to be a provocator and quarrelsome, so I'm pretty sure that he insulted zidane for 120 minutes... :roll:
Someone tells that Materazzi called zidane "terrorist", but it is only a guess

Actually there are only rumors and it's not sure, of course Materazzi
told something not fair to zizou, and it seems to be "terrorist" or
something.. I think noone will know it for sure ;) :lol: :oops:

FNX
10-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Here is a comic by my pixel artist Angy:

http://194.20.52.29/fnxgames/imgs/zidouken.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert Kosek
10-07-2006, 03:36 PM
ROFLOL! Give Angy a big thumbs up for me on that, FNX. ;) That's great.

Congrats to Italy! I wasn't sure who really was going to win, but hey, someone did. ;) Zidane is an absolute moron though, why'd he even do that? *shakes head*