PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: XML Browser Lite

jdarling
29-06-2006, 06:56 PM
The release for EC XML Browser Lite was a silent one. No news posting or anything. This was because it wasn't complete yet. Well it still isn't complete, but its getting close. Bascially ECXMLBL is a simple, lightweight, fast, and scriptable XML Browser application that doesn't need to be installed. It can be run from a jump drive or any other medium. Features include a customizeable browser tree and lua scripting engine for XML traversal and modification. Right now two different scripting engines are used; DWS2 for scripting of the display information and Lua for tree and data manipulation. Eventually you will be able to use either scripting language for either function, as well as add functionality to the browser via the scripting engines.

This is more of a soft jello release (Most if not all of the bugs are out, but not all of the features are implemented), that I'd really appriciate if people would check out and let me know what you think.

Download from: http://www.eonclash.com/ViewProduct.php?ProductID=19

Robert Kosek
29-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Interesting, I'll have to try it.

I've built several private applications of my own using your XML Components. ;)

jdarling
30-06-2006, 12:47 PM
In writing the new Browser I found a few bugs in the parser. Look for an update to it to come out some time in the next couple days. Basically a problem with using AsString := '<MyVar/>'. I have this fixed in my dev environment and once regression tests are complete I'll roll it to the site.

Let me know what you think of the new app. As I said, I know that having two scripting languages being used in two different parts doesn't make sense, but in the end both will be available :)