PDA

View Full Version : WASControl

tanffn
06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
I know it's not really the right forum, but since we're all programmers here I still wanted to post it and ask for your opinion.

WASControl is a small app I wrote during the last few days (stole a few hours from work :shhh: ), you'll find more info and screen shot in the following url:

http://www.global-rd.com/ariel/WASControl/

WILL
06-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Sure it's in the right forum! It's a project and it's yours. ;)

So it's a 'My Project'! :D

Tell us more about what it does when you have time. (away from work of course *tisk tisk* :P)

savage
06-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Looks great.! You should try and sell it.

tanffn
07-07-2006, 06:33 AM
You can find the program description and a screenshot of all the windows in the temp site I’ve made.
I find the program very handy but maybe its only do to my (unique?) system configuration, so I don’t know how many really need this app.

tanffn
11-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Guys (and gals?), I know its not game related but please a comment would be lovely.. :cry:

I've made a few minor fixes and some additional features:

Version History and known imperfections:
Todo:
*Speakers init isn't implemented

Changes in 1.0.2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Features added:
*Always on top in wanted songs window.
*Settings and song list are now auto saved every 5min.
*Added the option to save and load settings.

Bug fixes:
*Can restart winamp in case new selected sound device (schedule window)
*Show/Hide main window now works properly.
*Add song in popup menu now works.

:arrow: btw does anyone know of a simple why to generate a beep sound (with Freq and Duration)? I tried to use Beep(dwFreq, dwDuration) but the sound comes out (in some computers) from the PCSpeaker.. :idea:

tanffn
16-07-2006, 08:58 AM
New ver! :king: tho I know no one here probably cares :?

but here its is anyway, at least it increases the posts count :)

Changes in 1.0.3:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Features added:
Only one program instance can be opened, will show the previously opened window.

Bug fixes:
Will no longer prevent windows restart. (oopsy :))
Start Minimized had been fixed.
Bizarre auto load of options fix.
SchedulerFadeIn fix, most likely.

Traveler
16-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I dont think people do not care about your program.
In my case, I dont use winamp, or any other mp3 player for that matter. So I really don't have that much use for it.

Judging by the screenshots, it looks like an interesting program though.

tanffn
16-07-2006, 11:06 AM
:shock: No winamp!? How can that be? Seriously :)
So no digital music?

WILL
17-07-2006, 12:54 AM
I know when I evantually move to Linux (one day *sigh*) I'll not be using WinAmp, but then there is a reason for the name no? :)

But NO MP3 players? Please tell me you are not sitting there listening to MIDI files all day. :lol:

Traveler
17-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Well tbh I mostly listen to the radio. Even at work (through internet) or when I'm on the bus or train.
I have this mp3 player that I got for my birthday, with a couple hundred mb worth of mp3 files on it, but even then I prefer the radio function.

tanffn
17-07-2006, 09:53 AM
AM or FM? :lol:

Most of the times I listen to the radio as well, streaming MP3 (SHOUTcast). Have several station in the playlist depending on the type of work im doing :)

WILL
17-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Well thats because your in europe. Canadian radio stations suck. :P

They play hiphop crap trying to pawn it off as 'dance' OR that really winny new age (teen) rock crap (modern rock is ok, thats not the one I mean) or if they do come close to dance it's really annoying repetative house (*shutter*) or dull techno...

why doesn't anyone here have taste in music anymore? Too many HipHop/Rock star & American Idol wanna-be's I guess. :p

tanffn
17-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Actually I’ve been thinking the same thing a few days ago.. im not saying that all of todays music is crap, but the majority is :/

Actually I found trance music has several benefits, and I use it / ~ listen to it in cases of emergency (deadline). The so called music is very rhythmic which allows you to enter a fast work passe, and its very boring which allows you to concentrate only on your work :)
For me anyway caffeine has no effect, and if I have to make something done over night it can only be done with that kind of music.

tanffn
15-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Few more updates, hopefully the last one! :)

Changes in 1.0.5:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bug fixes:
Saving data in UserFolder instead of ExeFolder, solves multi-user and load-with-win problem.
FadeIn fix

Changes in 1.0.4:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bug fixes:
Weird and sporadic UI response was fixed.

tanffn
24-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I need YOUR help..
I wrote this application a year, the only reason I didn't submit it anywhere is because I don't have a logo :cry:
WinAmp.com wants a 178x75 Thumbnail and a 275xH(H can be any value, 825 is a nice one :)) LargerImage.

I uploaded the screen-shots to: http://www.global-rd.com/ariel/WASControl/

Please let me know if you can help me with this..

arthurprs
24-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Using it ;)

tanffn
30-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Does it mean no one can help me?