PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys do on weekends?

WILL
23-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Seeing as PGD is relatively quite on weekends, it might be interesting to see what you guys are up to. (I guess it's the summer trend.)

So what does a Pascal programmer do on a weekend? :)

AthenaOfDelphi
23-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Now this is going to sound really bad, but we are trying to get our business of the ground...

I mostly spend the weekend working on our projects and stuff like catching up on maintenance of the browser based game (bug fixes, server maintenance... that kind of thing) and the real tedious bits of running a business like the accounts and VAT returns etc.

Huehnerschaender
23-07-2006, 09:17 AM
I am on Tanx the most time as you know :)

Sometimes my job keeps me working at weekend. Sometimes when I need some "entertainment" I am playing World of Warcraft.

Going out has become very very rare since there are 2 kids in my life.

Of course I am talking about the evenings/nights here...

Daytime is always reserved for family (and sometimes I can work on Tanx or something else).

czar
23-07-2006, 10:42 AM
It is winter for half of the planet :)

The weekend lull is very apparent. In my case time is spent with the Family, 1 child with another due soon.

tanffn
23-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Theoretically I spend my time studying for the upcoming exams or doing HW, but as a good sudent I am I find my self doing anything else.
Which includes:
:arrow: Googling bizarre topics.
:arrow: Watching old TV series.
:arrow: Anxiously watch uTurrent downloads progress bars go up, slowly (to watch some more TV).
:arrow: More WWW.
:arrow: I even clean up my room.
:arrow: And by 2am, when I see there is no escape and I must face the grim reality, I do my HW.. and it’s the same routine every day/week for the last 3 years!

savage
23-07-2006, 02:22 PM
It depends if the family is around. If they are, Saturday mornings-early afternoon are for taking my son to play football, tennis and a swimming lesson for both him and me. Sunday mornings is for a long run maybe 10-15km depending on how my legs feel. Sunday afternoons used to be for going to the cinema, but over the last few weeks it mainly been for going to work. Actually, I'm in the office now and instead of working, I'm posting this.

marmin
23-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Making artwork and programming.

JSoftware
23-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Having a hangover? :D

Oh well i program, surf, mess with the computer, drink, etc.

godbeast
23-07-2006, 09:56 PM
I do sports like savage, mostly tennis, bike and weightlifting :D thats for mornings, evenings are reserved for parties 8)

Traveler
23-07-2006, 10:14 PM
It usually starts with, "today I'm going to work on my game/website/3d graphics." but then it usually ends with Warcraft.
(And no I'm not going to tell you for how many hours :oops:)

cairnswm
24-07-2006, 05:36 AM
I only have a dialup at home so I am not often online from at home.

Weekends are spent with family and/or at running races.

Sly
24-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Washing clothes, dusting, vacuuming the house, various maintenance jobs around the house, gardening, cleaning the pool, cleaning the cat's litter tray, cooking, helping with little kids ballet classes, doing overtime at work because our final deadline for Spyro is coming up in the next week.

Apart from that, nothing really. :)

jdarling
24-07-2006, 01:19 PM
My weekends are simple for me: I do what my wife tells me to do.

Normally she has quite a list, build me a kitchen table, new cabinets, shelvs for her sewing room, new sewing table, bla bla bla... If its not that then I'm out with my oldest son. Typically fishing, camping, and playing whats that???

Oh... You don't know the game Whats that. Simply you take your kid out for something you think will be fun. Instead they point at everything around and say "Whats that?" Next thing you know, the day is over. Every parent gets at least 5 years of those days :)

- Jeremy