PDA

View Full Version : Doppler's Effect

turminator
26-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi! I'm new user and I'm spanish. I'm sorry for my bad english. :oops:

Is there any example about doppler's effect (Is the effect about moving sound High & Low)

Thanks a lot!

savage
26-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Hola,
Did you want to code it from scratch or use an existing implementation?

Have a look at http://www.noeska.com/doal/ if you just want to use an existing implementation in your own app.

turminator
26-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Ok Thanks! I look thees tutorials and there are very interesting :D . I have some question:

I and other friend want to do spanish website delphigame programmer. We don't know any but is legal that we translate your tutorials and articles if We write your authory and link at your website?

Thanks a lot!

savage
26-07-2006, 10:41 PM
http://www.noeska.com/doal/ is not my website, so you will need to check with them.

If you are talking about tutorials on this site, I, and I would hope most authors, have no problem with you translating any tutorials/articles as long as the original author is given due credit. Once the translations are done, we would appreciate it if you gave us a link to the translations so that they can be added to the respective tuts/articles. That way we can have a 2 way linking system which drives traffic between both sites.

turminator
27-07-2006, 11:27 AM
OK! Thanks I will do it! :D

turminator
21-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Hello!

I see this example but now I need to use 3D sound with DirectSound. Where I find manuals or tutorials about this?

Thanks a lot!

JSoftware
22-08-2006, 06:27 AM
why just directsound? Openal is a wrapper over directsound which imo is much easier to use.

If you just need to use the directsound device in openal then there's a tutorial for that too on that noeska site

noeska
22-08-2006, 05:36 PM
It is ok for you to translate and publish spanish versions just give proper credit and a link to the article on my site and i make a link from the article to your site.

Doppler is an default effect on openal, i have not written an tutorial on the subject, but there is documentation on the subject in the openal sdk. (should be available on the developer site of creative)

On using directsound with openal have look at lesson13 enumerate devices. But on most soundcards it is the default used.