PDA

View Full Version : ASM IDE Suggestions

BytePtr
31-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi.

I want to make IDE for different assemblers out there. FASM, TASM, MASM etc.
I already made on for TASM. Works fine. But problem is the commandline options for compilers/linkers.

There are many options for TASM and placing them all in one dialog looks pretty bad (all those checkboxes etc). One thing is to use tabbed dialogs. Actually i tried that. But anyway, is there better method for doing this?
Fact is that many compilers cannot be used once. User can choose what compiler/linker he uses. My idea was to save the whole dialog in some file and load it when necesseray. Second idea: hide all those options dialogs and show only what is "must be" for current compiler/linker? i mean user wants to use TASM: then this time when it opens options dialog then only dialog for tasm linker/assembler will be visible. all others hidden.
This should make it look better? Or not?

Any other ideas are welcome.

sekelsenmat
02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
> i mean user wants to use TASM: then this time when it opens options
> dialog then only dialog for tasm linker/assembler will be visible. all
> others hidden. This should make it look better? Or not?

Yes, I think so. You could have a dialog with a combo box to select the compiler, and a big tabbed control.

That tab control will have at least 1 general tab for all compilers and also many compiler specific tabs.

When you select a compiler it hides all tabs that don¬Ąt belong to it.

This way you can visually design the dialog and the user only sees what he needs.