PDA

View Full Version : error in pm

Traveler
01-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Anyone else noticed errors when using the pm system?
I can't send messages nor preview messages anymore :?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/privmsg.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

NecroDOME
01-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I still can send/preview messages, but I didn't get any respond on them. So I think some people can send/recieve messages and some don't.

@traveler, I send you a test pm, I don't know if you can receive it, just for a test in case...

Traveler
01-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Got your message too. I'll give it another try. Perhaps it was some qlitch in the system :?

Traveler
01-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Okay, this is really really strange. In my pm I had written a text with the following line in it

"with the mission_map and four photos from: a radar tower, armored vehicle, airstrip and artillery."

Remove the _ from mission_map and you'll get the error.
Apparently this word mission_map (again remove '_') isn't somehow allowed.
Oh, btw it happens not only when using the pm system it also occurs when writing a normal forum post.
Very strange .... :scratch:

tanffn
01-09-2006, 12:50 PM
just testing: mission map

it looks like its working fine here..

Huehnerschaender
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
@Traveler:

You told me you didn't get an answer from me yesterday, but I definately wrote you :)

So maybe there is a general bug in PM's somehow.

I received the briefing files... they look great! I will include them into the game ASAP and let you know how it looks like :)

Thank you very much for your work!!! The game will benefit form it!

Greetings,
Dirk

Traveler
01-09-2006, 01:30 PM
just testing: mission map

it looks like its working fine here..

Try to copy/paste the following sentence
"with the mission_map and four photos from: a radar tower, armored vehicle, airstrip and artillery."

Then remove the underscore (make it one word, not two like you did). And there you have it, one unexplained error.... (or so I hope) :)

You told me you didn't get an answer from me yesterday, but I definately wrote you Smile

So maybe there is a general bug in PM's somehow.

I received the briefing files... they look great! I will include them into the game ASAP and let you know how it looks like Smile

Thank you very much for your work!!! The game will benefit form it!

Odd, I only got a message from WILL. Are you sure you replied to "Almost ready now" not "How do you want your maps?" because that's was from the day before.
Anyway it doesn't really matter. I'm happy you like the images. And like I said earlier I can't wait to see how it will look in the game :D

tanffn
01-09-2006, 03:36 PM
yep, you're right.. its certainly odd..

WILL
02-09-2006, 08:54 AM
If Dom doesn't see this thread by tomorrow, I'll send him a message(ICQ or MSN not PM ;)) about it.

I've noticed a few 404 errors happenning often, but they are (or should be) related to the server not the site. Just click on Back and hit Send again.

We'll look into this reguardless as it doesn't boad well for PGD. technomage has also reported similar errors while posting regular messages in the forums.

We will investigate! :thumbup: