PDA

View Full Version : A fresh start

Traveler
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Its been too long a time, since I have done anything about my website. I believe the last thing I added was a post about how PGD was hacked, days before the competition started. Since then the site slowly degraded to a point where it must have appeared abandoned, with a non functional project page and a spammed guestbook. :oops:

Anyway, I had the following planned for quite some time now. I believe I even did mention it to a few already, but today I have finally turned the wheel. Redesigned and ready for the next endeavour (or failure), I give you a sneak peek at my new site. (http://www.gameprogrammer.net)

The site is tested in FireFox and IE.

Comments are appreciated and if there are any queries, I'm happy to answer those too.

spidah
03-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Is there any chance of making the tutorials available still? Say just in a zip file. I really found them helpful and I visited your site again today to check them only to find that they were all gone :(

WILL
04-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Not much to see yet, but looks great of course. :)

cairnswm
04-09-2006, 05:27 AM
My websitwe has the same problem. Pretty much left alone.

I am also planning a rewrite sometime.

Andreaz
04-09-2006, 05:40 AM
Glad to hear that you going to keep your page up. I'ts been very inspiring since I first found it.

And looks awesome aswell :)

Huehnerschaender
04-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Yeah, looks really good!

Keep on the style and it will become a great page once you add some content to it.

Greetings,

Dirk

Traveler
04-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks guys :D
I agree, there isn't a whole lot to look at, but that is going to change soon.

In regards to the tutorials, I'll put them back up as soon as possible. I am kind of surprised people still read them even though they were written over four years ago.

Kraven
16-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys :D
I agree, there isn't a whole lot to look at, but that is going to change soon.

In regards to the tutorials, I'll put them back up as soon as possible. I am kind of surprised people still read them even though they were written over four years ago.

Traveler, Sometimes the older tutorials are the best since they don't run on the assumption that everyone already knows what they are talking about.

I run a network of websites (which seems to be growing by the week now) and I know sometimes it can be hard to hit your target "audiance" (as it were), but I like your design.... and I hope you will stick with it.

I'm working on a Strategy game project myself.... it combines the DelphiX graphics system with RTS environment, but it has a great twist....

The player can enter first person mode on any unit he/she chooses which is under their control.

It's still in initial development at the moment, but if you are interested in helping out my small team (there are three of us at the moment and I'm the only real programmer amongst us), you're more than welcome.

The underlying concept of our strategy game project (which we have called "Artifice") is that it will be 100% moddable. Anyone who chooses to build their own strategy game using the engine we are developing will be able to do so, and we're going to market it with an open liscence so nobody has to pay us a dividend from their custom games.

Anyway yeah.... sorry to hear about the old site, but I hope you will stick with your new ideas :)

Traveler
25-09-2006, 10:07 PM
I hope you'll be pleased to read that I have made my tutorials available again, with a few minor modifications. They all have an index page so you can quickly jump to a certain page. And the page width has increased, for better readability.

Let me know if you spot any errors and I'll correct them asap.

(..), but if you are interested in helping out my small team (there are three of us at the moment and I'm the only real programmer amongst us), you're more than welcome.

Thanks for the reply and the invitation to your team, but I'm afraid I must decline. I have been in a few project teams in the last few months, doing all sorts of graphics work mainly and while it was nice to do, I'd like to take some time for myself now and continue with my own project.

I hope you will stick with your new ideas
So do I :)

spidah
25-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks! Looks snazzy now!

WILL
25-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Nice Alex! ;)

btw your 'I' graphic is missing.

Traveler
26-09-2006, 10:00 PM

The missing 'I' has been fixed.