PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here in this thread

Pages : [1] 2

AthenaOfDelphi
06-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Hello all new members and a very warm welcome to Pascal Game Development, or PGD for short.

This is a friendly community of game, library and tool developers who use Pascal-based languages to program. I think it's safe to say that this community is rather unique in both context and range of it's members. There is everyone from students to professional game developers who work on games for a living right here in the very community you have become a part of. And we are always looking to meet new Pascal developers and see some of the cool things that you are working on.

First few things to do here:

This is a great community, but it also has a lot of features and information that might not stand out as well as we had hoped. In an effort to help guide you a bit before you start exploring the site, here are a few things you might want to check out first!

Have a read of the FAQ (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/faq.php); (There is a link under the Forum tab of the site menu!)

Forum Rules and Conduct Policies (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/faq.php?faq=rules)
See Who Runs PGD (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/faq.php?faq=pgd_staff)
Maybe learn more about what PGD is and it's history (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/faq.php?faq=misc#faq_whatis_pgd)?

Make your first post here by clicking the Reply button (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/newreply.php?p=145410&noquote=1)!

This is important as it will allow us to know you want to be un-moderated and start posting on the site!
This also allows you to introduce yourself and start meeting other developers on the site - Note:- You don't have to say much, just prove you're a human being and not a spam bot and just some idea of why you wanted to sign-up (for example "Hi there, been a regular reader for a while, need some help with....")

Bookmark us! (You will want to come back and visit often don't you?)
Come back later and check back up on us. It may take a bit of time to approve your posts and set you as a Regular Member, but unless you come back, it won't do you any good. And we really do want you to be a member of the site!

A Note on Spam:

We aim for a complete lack of visible spam in our forums! Look for some, we dare you! You can email either myself at athena@pascalgamedevelopment.com or any of the other staff at PGD (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/faq.php?faq=pgd_staff#faq_pgd_staff_members) and we'll do our best to find out how it got there, remove it and prevent it from showing up again.

We would like to make your use of PGD as nice and friendly as possible, however the only sure way to keep the spammers from getting to you is to be 100% sure that you are indeed human before letting you post anywhere on the site. Spam bots are getting smarter and are learning to get past even the most renowned "human verification" measures such as even Google's reCAPTCHA (http://www.google.com/recaptcha). As such the only way to keep them out completely is to put an actual person on it.

Fear not, we won't forget about you and we do frequent check-ups on the site to approve posts, delete the hidden spam attempts and 'un-moderate' new members. (That's you!)

So please make this thread your first place you post and tell us something about yourself...

Important Note
Please make your posts meaningful... i.e. don't just say 'Hello', 'Hi there, new member here'. It's easy to post something this simple but this isn't meant to be easy. If you're a spammer, adding relevant context is difficult because you're not interested in the site subject, you just want an account to use for spamming. On the other hand if you're genuinely interested in making games with Pascal there will be context you can add 'I've been learning Pascal using Delphi for the last couple of month and now I'd like to try and start learning OpenGL so I can start working on this game idea I have. It's a bit sci-fi, a bit Zelda and a bit Sonic The Headgehog.'

I'm not expecting your life story, just some background that demonstrates you're at least aware of what the site is about.

szakalyb
08-04-2014, 04:59 PM
This is my first post to register as human member :)

AthenaOfDelphi
08-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Sogcelak,

In case you are wondering where your post went, I've moved it to the general programming forum with the title 'String handling issue with Free Pascal'.

klausvdl
23-04-2014, 11:09 AM
I have been a passive visitor for some time and can not promise to become a very active one. But I want to confirm at least that making games with Pascal IS possible. :) And I hope, this site will grow.

serkank
23-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi i want to develop an opengl application. i have some problem for solve it.
i am waiting for get accees for send post and open thread

pgdtestuser2
23-04-2014, 04:19 PM
PGD Test User

ChrisyLou
23-04-2014, 08:44 PM
This is a test user for various testing functions - ​AthenaOfDelphi

john lois
24-04-2014, 02:05 PM
i am new in game developpement in pascal.
I am discovering asphyre for 2D graphics since some days, and was searching informations about it ( or related topics ) in this forum.

dj_sharp
25-04-2014, 08:50 AM
First post; confirm my account plz.

You MUST visit the site... be active... if you don't get promoted your account will be deleted automatically after 30 days if you have not posted or 90 days if you have
wow pretty strict policy you invented here; is it really necessary? lawl.

AthenaOfDelphi
25-04-2014, 11:32 AM
First post; confirm my account plz.

wow pretty strict policy you invented here; is it really necessary? lawl.

Hi dj_sharp,

Yes, unfortunately when you've been burned by having to clear about half a million accounts from the system you do tend to get a lot stricter with the sign up process.

Welcome to PGD

SilverWarior
25-04-2014, 05:11 PM
is it really necessary? lawl.

Yes, unfortunately when you've been burned by having to clear about half a million accounts from the system you do tend to get a lot stricter with the sign up process.

How about when you have to delete from 80 to 200 spam posts every day. And that was lately when the new users could only post their posts in new members section.
I couldn't even imagine what is was like when new members were able to post their posts in every section of the forum (time before I was promoted to forum moderator).

vinkat
25-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Hello, I've been reading this forum from time to time and thought could also participate. On that note, the fact that you need to post in this thread before you can participate in other discussions is a bit discouraging... forum owner doesn't know how to fight spam? :)

AthenaOfDelphi
25-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Hello, I've been reading this forum from time to time and thought could also participate. On that note, the fact that you need to post in this thread before you can participate in other discussions is a bit discouraging... forum owner doesn't know how to fight spam? :)

The sign-up process can take as little as 10 minutes depending on the time of day and who's on-line... is that really discouraging?

If you can tell me (the current owner and manager of the community) how to fight spam completely automatically with the same success rate as we have with this slightly manual process, then I'll happily listen (I suspect in truth you can't). But the fact of the matter is that the boards are now fighting a lot more spam automatically than they ever have before. Since the site came back on-line over 40,000 spam accounts have been automatically blocked. But some are still getting through... if we put you straight into the normal user group think how many messages you could post automagically? Think how long one of the staff would have to spend cleaning up... I don't want to be doing that and I don't want the staff to have to waste their time doing it either.

This is a slightly manual process, but thus far it's proving quite reliable in terms of keeping spam out of the rest of the forums.

So I'm sorry that some people find it slightly annoying but I would rather have this than having the forums littered with junk!

vinkat
25-04-2014, 08:03 PM
The sign-up process can take as little as 10 minutes depending on the time of day and who's on-line... is that really discouraging?

If you can tell me (the current owner and manager of the community) how to fight spam completely automatically with the same success rate as we have with this slightly manual process, then I'll happily listen (I suspect in truth you can't). But the fact of the matter is that the boards are now fighting a lot more spam automatically than they ever have before. Since the site came back on-line over 40,000 spam accounts have been automatically blocked. But some are still getting through... if we put you straight into the normal user group think how many messages you could post automagically? Think how long one of the staff would have to spend cleaning up... I don't want to be doing that and I don't want the staff to have to waste their time doing it either.

This is a slightly manual process, but thus far it's proving quite reliable in terms of keeping spam out of the rest of the forums.

So I'm sorry that some people find it slightly annoying but I would rather have this than having the forums littered with junk!

Thanks for a quick answer and forgive me. I had no intention to offend you and didn't expect such emotional response. On that topic, no wonder why you have talks like this (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/showthread.php?32259-PGD-Some-thoughts-about-the-future)... as in marketing, you have 5 minutes to convince someone to join your community. Now consider your long registration, where you have to make an apparently meaningless post (some of us want to keep anonymous you know, or such thing no longer exists on Internet? sorry, I just don't feel comfortable introducing myself, at least not yet - I don't know your community enough), then a somewhat, how to say it, controversial response to registration feedback... err, I guess this was a mistake.

SilverWarior
25-04-2014, 09:09 PM
On that topic, no wonder why you have talks like this (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/showthread.php?32259-PGD-Some-thoughts-about-the-future)... as in marketing, you have 5 minutes to convince someone to join your community.

The main reason that mentioned thread exists is the fact that AthenaOfDelphi took ower the site ownership just a few weaks ago. So she is trying to get as much input and suggestions from the comunity on how to improve site and forums as much as posible.

Now consider your long registration, where you have to make an apparently meaningless post (some of us want to keep anonymous you know, or such thing no longer exists on Internet? sorry, I just don't feel comfortable introducing myself, at least not yet - I don't know your community enough),

You can browse through all the forums without registering and thus remain anonymus if you want.

then a somewhat, how to say it, controversial response to registration feedback... err, I guess this was a mistake.

What was "controversial" about AthenaOfDelphi's response? Can you please clarify this?

de_jean_7777
25-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Thanks for a quick answer and forgive me. I had no intention to offend you and didn't expect such emotional response. On that topic, no wonder why you have talks like this (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/showthread.php?32259-PGD-Some-thoughts-about-the-future)... as in marketing, you have 5 minutes to convince someone to join your community. Now consider your long registration, where you have to make an apparently meaningless post (some of us want to keep anonymous you know, or such thing no longer exists on Internet? sorry, I just don't feel comfortable introducing myself, at least not yet - I don't know your community enough), then a somewhat, how to say it, controversial response to registration feedback... err, I guess this was a mistake.

You may read more emotions than there are in Athenas post. In any case, the process is necessary for spam free forums, and I think anyone would prefer them that way. It's also similar to some other high profile forums I've been a part of (with a lot more members than pgd). As for the introduction, you need not put anything personal into it or anything that would compromise your anonimity. Her response is not controversial, and I do believe she did not mean to offend This a community for pascal game development, so if you're into that I doubt joining was a mistake. Also, welcome to PGD, even if it is a bit of a rough entry :D

AthenaOfDelphi
25-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the support guys, but I have already explained myself to vinkat in a PM. Upon reflection I have probably been a bit shorter and sharper in my reply than I should have been and I am sorry about that, but as I explained to Vinkat I've actually spent most of the last week working on various aspects of the site so a little bit of criticism, which is justified in many respects because it is a nasty sign-up process which is itself justified, made me react in a way I probably should not have... hmmm... maybe this is a good time to test the infraction system.... on myself :D

So, lets all stop now before it descends into a flame war... something we really don't want in a thread where new users are supposed to be making their first post.

smack_dead
29-04-2014, 04:51 PM
hello im joao and im tring lear delphi :D

d.spinetti
05-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Hello to everyone! I'm a Delphi Developer and i'm interesting about game development. I have already develop mobile game with other tool like Gideros and AndEngine and now I want to join this community!

Dennis
05-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Hello, I am a long term delphi developer and willing to help with the PGDCE.

SideFX
05-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Hello everyone. I'm a veteran Delphi desktop app developer that is tired of doing the same old thing. I've been working on a game idea for the last year and now it is time to put those ideas to code. All I need is a 3D engine and a community willing to slap me in the right direction if I wander off too far. I look forward to picking some of your brains. :D:D:D *queue maniacal laugh* :D:D:D

gm6046
06-05-2014, 07:48 AM
G'day, I like tinkering with Pascal on the early 68000k Macs

sewing0109
06-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Interesting system. Makes good sense.

I'm hoping to learn all sorts of languages (C++, Pascal, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python), and would like to grow in all of them.

PascalCentral
12-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Hi,

I noticed the date on most posts are over a year ago. Is this forum still alive and kicking?

I maintain Pascal Central (http://pascal-central.com/), and recently have been talking with a journalist from an Australian gaming magazine. She'd like to interview so current developers doing current work on video games coded in Pascal. I'll post this in a better threat later, required to post here first. :)

Thanks,Bill

de_jean_7777
12-05-2014, 06:49 AM
I noticed the date on most posts are over a year ago. Is this forum still alive and kicking?

Hi, and welcome. Yeah, still alive and kicking and hopefully will have much more activity soon.

DenniesBright
13-05-2014, 09:22 AM
I am curious about pascal game development and I think I will find some useful information here.

bestm80eva
18-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Hi,

Just Registered for pascal game development.

Dean

Yuotta
26-05-2014, 06:00 AM
Just registered! Would like to learn as much as I can, just found out about this and am so excited.

Raith
28-05-2014, 05:42 PM
ZZZZZZZ waiting for approval

gcarreno
09-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Hey guys,

My daughter (8) has come up with her own idea for a game.
Knowing daddy is a programmer, and as all little daddy's girls do, she convinced me to program it.

I've mostly done windowed, DB and boring programming, so I figured I'll need some help with either Andorra2D or ZenGL, or even nxPascal, since I've not decided yet which engine to use.

Anything BUT Scratch :)

Cheers,
Gus

johnnyfortner
13-06-2014, 12:56 AM
first post, trying to get into pascal

AthenaOfDelphi
15-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the new users who have signed up recently... please don't forget that to become fully fledged members you must log in to the site and surf around a little. The promotions system won't promote you if you've not been seen to be active since your post was approved... if you don't complete the sign up process you may be deleted.

If your post hasn't been approved (i.e. you can't see it in the first post thread) within 24 hours, please contact a member of staff. This version of vBulletin doesn't show unmoderated posts to those who can see them (staff) in all the places previous versions did so we are missing some. I can only apologise for that. Because new members are now a rarity (we were getting hundreds of sign-ups courtesy of spam bots etc.) we're still not quite used to handling this latest version.

kusco
02-07-2014, 02:54 AM
Ok, just starting out in this forum.

Have been interested in games development since way back - 1980's. Yes, there are some that will consider this period to be ancient history but, for others this is the time when it all started and a time when fun with computers was magic.

I'm looking forward to seeing a game engine evolve using Pascal/Delphi. I've been using Unity for a number of years and develop everything predominantly with C#.

My experience with Delphi/Pascal is limited right now but, I'm working on a project that will get me up to speed quickly.

Cheers!

Boonami
02-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Boonami here. Computer science student, big fpc fan, currently looking into sdl. Got a problem linking my first project, and my google-fu could not fix it. Trying to get help here.

farcodev
05-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Welcome into this small but still alive community! ;)

overflowpy
15-07-2014, 03:33 AM
Hi to all.. I would like to learn the world of gamming programming with delphi/pascal..

reiser
15-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi, I got referred to this forum from SO thread (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24745080/asphyresphinx-how-to-desaturate-image). I'd like to get my account approved if possible, so I can ask question in their subforum. Thanks!

SilverWarior
15-07-2014, 10:39 AM
@owerflowpy @reiser

Your posts have been approved. Plase do some more browsing through our forums for autopromotion system to kick in and unmoderate you.

Also welcome to PGD I hope your stay here will be as pleasant as posible.

overflowpy
15-07-2014, 12:08 PM
@owerflowpy @reiser

Your posts have been approved. Plase do some more browsing through our forums for autopromotion system to kick in and unmoderate you.

Also welcome to PGD I hope your stay here will be as pleasant as posible.

Thanks a lot!!

aaronhance
19-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I recently started learning Pascal after it was recommended to me by a friend. So far I think that Pascal is awesome and prefer it to my previous favourite language Java. Looking to try and get some help on these forums and possibly start contributing when I have developed my skills.

karraksc
11-08-2014, 12:54 PM
I know this is only my first post, but I have been coding in Pascal/Delphi for years and enjoy it (Much better than C++)

I have been working on a helper for the game Hero Online and am interested in adding A-Star pathfinding to it. I have tried
several different examples of pathfinding and have a basic shell working, only quirk still is that it isn't working as smoothly
as I would like. I am trying to get it to move the char in as human-like a manner as possible, which is my biggest headache.

SilverWarior
11-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Hi karraksc and welcome to PGD!
I hope your stay here will be as pleasant as posible.

As for your problems with pathfinding. What bothers you the most?

eugeneloza
26-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi, I'm Yevghen from Ukraine, Kyiv.
Programming in Lazarus. Now working on a FOSS TBS/RPG game 'Project Helena' and have an upcoming project of FOSS phased plot-based RPG 'Decoherence 1'.

snegsever
08-09-2014, 05:41 AM
Hi all!
I'm glad to be member of this forum.

itusan
09-09-2014, 09:02 PM
I have been trying to work on a 2D script for a game I play on the computer. The game is really fun and I wanted to make a script to challenge myself, but I got snagged. I have joined this forum hoping to find someone who can help me finish the script I am working on. :)

I'm Itusan btw! And I hope I can find this place to be like home. :)

itusan
09-09-2014, 09:33 PM
I already made a new member post, but apprently the forums didn't register it... so here we go again!

I'm Itusan, I started coding along time ago, but have never been very good at it. I am currently taking Computer Logic & Computer Literacy courses in college to better myself. I came here to see if I can get help with a script I've been working on for a long time, but can't make forward progress. I hope I enjoy it here! :)

SilverWarior
10-09-2014, 05:40 AM
I already made a new member post, but apprently the forums didn't register it... so here we go again!

Hi!

The forum did register your post, but the post remained moderated, therefore not seen to public, until one of the forum moderators (in this case it was me) approved it. So now both of your posts are approved. All you have to do is browse through the forums a bit more for aoutorpomotion system to kick in and unmoderate you so you will be able to freely post around.

BTW welcome to PGD. I hope your stay here will be as pleasant as posible.

hasan
12-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Being directed to post a new thread here for activating my account, but for now posting new thread is not active.
I do not know if replying instead will work.
Thanks.

FanboyNo1
13-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Hello,

I am Dominik from Denmark. I have been writing a lot of games in Pascal and Delphi many years ago, and wanted to start one of my projects up again. So I a hope to find some sparring here - specially with DelphiX :-)

Looking forward to "meeting" you and exchanging tips and ideas!
/Dominik

abrito
15-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi all!
I'm glad to be member of this forum.

Ossya
17-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Hello everybody.

hasan
17-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Hi;

I have been trying to work on a 2D script for a game I play on the computer.
I'm interested in using script with pascal, and looking for light wight engine or source code.
Can U or anyone give more details on this subject.
Regards.

SilverWarior
20-09-2014, 02:19 AM
Hi;

I'm interested in using script with pascal, and looking for light wight engine or source code.
Regards.

Hmm using script in pascal. I'm afraid that you would have to first guve us more information about which script do you wanna use as there are many of them.
If you are interested in pascal based script then definitly check DWScript.
If you are up to use some other script you might wanna focus on Lua as it is most commonly used.

As for lisghtweight engine I can't actually recomend you any without you sharing athleast some basic information of what do you wanna achieve. Dou you only need 2D graphics or you also need 3D graphics. Are you wiling to implement your own entity system or dou you want the game engine which already has its own entity system implemented etc.

Anywhay I recomend you open up a new thread/s for this in apropriate section/s since not all members monitor this thread regulary.

Ñuño Martínez
22-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi;

Regards.
Welcome to PGD hasan,

I'm working on a FORTH (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_%28programming_language%29)-like scripting engine. Right now it's in an early development stage, but we did some testing (at job) and looks promising.

It will be free, but can't promise when. :(

ideabrush
08-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Hello, I've been a long time Delphi user, and I sometimes contribute to the GLScene library.

Mlody87
26-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Hi all!
I'm from Poland and I'm Delphi user :)

ASTRON3D
29-10-2014, 04:15 AM
Hello! We areteam ASTRON3D :)

paul_nicholls
02-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi ideabrush, Mlody87, and ASTRON3D...welcome to the forums! May your stay be full of learning and fun :)

cheers,
Paul

yorkyali
02-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Hi I'm yorkyali and new here.Just finding my way around!

Anton
02-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Hello PGD community. I'm Anton from Bulgaria.

tor.helge.skei
06-12-2014, 09:27 AM
hi!
i'm tor-helge skei from norway.. just registered here.. not sure what to write.. i'll probably present some of the projects i have been working on, in some other thread, soon..

later...
- tor-helge

Jaguar
16-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Hello... I am just looking around to see where I can be most helpful :-)

Blackmorsha
21-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Hi all. I need some test my free fly camera.
I'm using Delphi XE2 and OpenGL.pas.
In proramm press F1 for keys (WASD+X+Space, Ctrl, Shift) and right mouse button for menu.
Exe: http://bionica.esy.es/files/ogt.zip (http://www.cyberforum.ru/redirector.php?url=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmJpb25pY2EuZXN 5LmVzJTJGZmlsZXMlMkZvZ3Quemlw)

Rudedude
27-12-2014, 09:22 PM
I am learning SDL2 and Pascal by translating a C++ SDL2 tutorial into Pascal.
I would like to have a place where I can ask for advice.

audioinstinct
28-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Hi all, I'm currently working on a basic sudoku solver in Free pascal. I'm inexperienced with objects, and don't intend to use them in this particular program since it would require rewriting most of it (I might do it later in another game) The program doesn't work the "traditional way"(It's not brute forcing through the sudoku, nor does it use a Gauss elimination on the 9x9 matrix), it's rather very "human like". What this means is that it is supposed to use common human strategies. It keeps track of what the candidates for each cell are, and it goes from simple elimination strategies to the more complex ones as each fails. For example, first it will check the grid for cells that only have 1 possible candidate because then it is surely a solution. Then when there aren't any more "naked singles" it will go on to find "Hidden Singles" and Pairs and Triples, X-wings, Jellyfish etc... I'm currently stuck with coding the XY-Wing strategy, I hope to find some help here because I don't intend to work with 4D matrixes and literally 9^6 loops for something like this that's not supposed to be so hard nor do I want 3 pointers operating through a 3D matrix within loops all over the place, it's nuts, there has to be an easier way.

It's purely a mathematical issue that I can't solve in an easy way.

Peace,

InStinct

Asset4Indie
06-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Hi all, I'm from asia and my name is COCO LAU.;)

kol
06-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone, I'm trying to implement volume ray casting in Delphi (XE7) using GLSL. I will report my progress later. Have a nice day!

Theodore
07-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Well yes, I am pretty sure I'm human.

A Delphi 7 programmer who has just started using the Asphyre component library.

siv@
08-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Hello all new to this site using free pascal sdl2 and openal to develop an audio visualizer i plan to release as open source on soundforge when complete. So far have the osilliscope working stuck right now on some code for sdl2 will post a forum about this when i am able. I used to program in turbo pascal years ago, free pascal is great, wish i could find more documentation for sdl2 for free pascal.

pglowack
22-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Hi,
I'm interested in game architectures. Could you point me to Delphi and Object Pascal resources on standard game loop implementations?
Thanks!
Paweł Głowacki

NullVoid
25-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Greetings, folks!

I am somewhat familiar with numerical methods for solving scientific problems, and hope for y'all's help in broadening my horizons, especially with regards to OOP and very simpĺe graphic interfaces.

dmn
12-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Hi all, I'm a human from France.

Realeg
28-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone! :)

Emil_halim
27-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Hi All.

Coldus12
28-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Hey Guys!
I've recently got into programming , and i love to do this as a hobby in my free time, note that since i'm new to this kind of stuff, i may make some reallly stupid questions.
Looking forward to get to know this site :)

Pacmana
14-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Hello, can you approve me?

Protractor
15-04-2015, 03:45 AM
Hello !
I'm currently a Uni Student from Melbourne. I've just started my first year in Programming and we'r currently learning how to program in Pascal ! And our High Distinction task in order to get a high distinction is making a custom Pascal Program. Our tutors recommended that I do a game as its easier to notice errors. I'm really excited for this and want to get some help and get involved in a community to further develop my skills!

Hope you guys have an Awesome day !
-Protractor

Eitan
18-05-2015, 12:18 AM
I'm Computer Science major that left the field for what seems like ages, only to get the programming "itch" again but as a hobby. I'm a big fan of Lua, a great scripting language, and FPC. I just realized that they have up-to-date additions to enable us to use Lua within Lazarus. Great news as far as I'm concerned! Any Pascal/Lua users in Brooklyn, NY?

Cyberorks
18-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Hello, I really like the Pascal language and games, then I would follow the news on this site. ;D

Eric Matyas
21-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I've got a site up with free music that you can use in your games. It's all original...all my own work. All I ask is to be credited as indicated on my homepage:

http://soundimage.org/

I sincerely hope my tracks are helpful. Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated. :)

All the best,
Eric

kgm
23-05-2015, 02:27 AM
Hi, can you approve me? :)

taqtaq
25-05-2015, 03:02 AM
Hello, can you approve me?

Espero me acepten en esta comunidad, gracias

Thanks!!!

selyamalik
26-05-2015, 08:34 AM
hai member pascal..im selya from jakarta, indonesian..im new here..greeting

__________________________________________________ ______________
Software akuntansi (http://mas-software.com/)

sasalestari
27-05-2015, 07:46 AM
hai selya..im from indonesian too..approve me..ok..

__________________________________________________ ____
Bali accommodation packages (http://www.crownbali.com/)

lls
27-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Beep!

SergioFeitoza
04-06-2015, 03:47 PM
I use a TGLHUDsprite to do the scale of colors in the figure attached
Is it possible to change the initial and end colors of the scale ?

SergioFeitoza
04-06-2015, 04:02 PM
OK I am waiting

pnach27
02-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Hi, This is my first post. Nice to meet you all and let's have fun programming.:)

markrawls
27-07-2015, 03:54 AM
Relatively new to game development, a few years into Pascal. I'm excited to learn here!

devchenxip
31-07-2015, 03:19 AM
asphyre fans!I came here looking for LP

alloygator
12-08-2015, 05:00 AM
Hello Community Members,

Can my account approve ?

I hope i learn more here about gaming and this community members too :)

malava
23-08-2015, 03:04 AM
just registered...

solbs
02-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Just registered

DDeacon
10-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Just registered!

kms
19-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Hi people, I'M registered!! I love Delphi!! I'm from Brazil!!

kms
19-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Delphi is great!!! Hi people, I'm from brazil!! Registered!

hbbalisbis
21-09-2015, 03:26 AM
Have been developing desktop applications in Pascal language, but want also to learn how to create games and other stuff using the same language that i am used to.

Ñuño Martínez
21-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Welcome you all! :)

paul_nicholls
21-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Welcome all, hope you get approved quickly, and enjoy your stay :)

cheers,
Paul

PARKJIN
25-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Hi!
I'm happy to come here.
I love delphi...

PARKJIN
25-09-2015, 02:58 PM
I love Delphi

jwharton
08-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Greetings everyone!

I have been using Pascal ever since Turbo Pascal.
I have produced commercial components for Delphi for over 16 years.
I have recently been using Free Pascal Compiler to teach my children programming.
We home school all of our 10 children and I am the computer programming teacher. ;D

My son is keen to make computer games and we weren't able to find any gaming engines we liked.
So, as is typically the case, we started the process of making our own game engine.

If anyone is interested in getting involved with our efforts or just curious to have a look, I maintain a publicly visible SVN repository.
Just shoot me a message and I'll send you the credentials to have a look at what we are up to.

Jason Wharton
www.ibobjects.com (http://www.ibobjects.com)

kree8
19-10-2015, 08:48 AM
I am a computer educator from South Africa. Recently we have changed our IT syllabus from java to delphi. I only taught one year of java programming and I was not very good at it. I am not teaching IT yet but would like to prepare myself. I stumbled on this site by searching for the game "machine flow" which seems like it was developed by a fellow South African, the username is Nitrogen and Nitrogen2. I am keen to learn this language as pascal was taught way back when I was in high school and I have always wanted to complete the dungeon game idea I had, something like nethack graphically but not as complex. I learn through play, I have tried many times before to learn programming but I never seem to get stuck in. Im hoping to be part of this community so that I may grow as a programmer. I dont expect any quick fixes or learn in 21 seconds type of thing other than hard work and discipline.

What tips/advice do you have for me? Where should I start? I will do my best to check in with this forum everyday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers.

SilverWarior
20-10-2015, 12:07 AM
I stumbled on this site by searching for the game "machine flow" which seems like it was developed by a fellow South African, the username is Nitrogen and Nitrogen2.

Interesting. I am a member of this forum for quite a while now but until now I never knew that "machine flow" was made by Nitrogen. I have its source code on my computer for several years but I never managed to compile it because of some third party dependency that I haven't manage to solve (couldn't find the missing library, don't remember which one it is).
Unfortunately Nitrogen hasn't visited this site for about 5 years now. At least not by logging in. Has any other PGD member been in contact with him recently?

What tips/advice do you have for me? Where should I start? I will do my best to check in with this forum everyday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

If you are just beginning to learn Object Pascal and are interested in game development then I strongly recommend you star learning about these next basics:

1. Classes: Object Pascal is Object-oriented programming language and as in most object oriented programming languages classes are most important feature. Now you probably know basic idea of what class is from JAVA but in Object Pascal classes are even more powerful than they are in JAVA (at least based on my limited JAVA knowledge - tried my luck in JAVA and gave up because its syntax doesn't seem logical enough to me).
When used correctly classes can make your program very modular and lately I'm using them heavily in order to achieve data reusability. I'm in the process on writing a large tutorial about classes and their potential use in games (for to long now), but unfortunately I don't have as much free tine as I would like.

2. Arrays: You probably already know about arrays from JAVA and what they can be used for. What you might not know is that in Object Pascal you also have a Dynamic array. Unlike static arrays which are pretty much like arrays in JAVA dynamic arrays does not have fixed size. In fact you can change their size at any time during your program execution.
Object Pascal also supports multidimensional arrays and if they are declared as dynamic multidimensional arrays they have a rather unique ability in that their dimensions don't need to be of fixed size. Hard to explain without an actual example. In fact I don't know if any other programming language does support something like this out of the box.

3. Streams: Streams are actually series of classes that serialize data access like reading from and storing data to files or memory for instance. Their best part is that they are interchangeable (same approach for reading or writing data in different kind of streams). They can be a bit more difficult to understand at first but once you figure them out you realize how powerfully they can be.

NOTE: While Advance Reference Counting was introduced to Object Pascal I believe it can be a bit more tricky to make it work properly. Maybe this is because I haven't managed to grasp the concept entirely myself.
If you will be developing with Delphi make note that ARC is only available for MacOS and mobile platforms (newer version of Delphi is required) while on Windows ARC is still not available out of the box.
If you are using FPC/Lazarus make sure you select ARC based compiler (also available for windows) for ARC to be included in your program.
So unless you will be specifically using ARC in your program which is not default for Object Pascal you will unfortunately have to learn how to manage your objects yourself. In short this means you will need to learn when to create and when to destroy objects. So transition from JAVA which relies on ARC could be a bit more difficult.
But once you master this you will see that it has some advantages in comparison with ARC. Probably most notably advantage is that there are no Garbage collection hiccups which all gamers hate ;)

Anyway welcome to PGD!

Maja199
25-11-2015, 09:16 PM
I'm here because I have a problem with a program in Borland Pascal. Don't know where to post it, so hopefully I'm actual in the right forum.
I'm from Germany. :)

SilverWarior
26-11-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm here because I have a problem with a program in Borland Pascal. Don't know where to post it, so hopefully I'm actual in the right forum.
I'm from Germany. :)

Hi Maja. Welcome to PGD!

If the program you are mentioning is a game related then you are in the right forum.
But if the program is not game related then it might be better for you to use Stack Overflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/object-pascal) instead.

aradeonas
30-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Hi,

Im here because Im interested in simple games in Pascal and also I like making GUI so it good to have advice about making GUI in games and OpenGL or fast ones ;)

Tomi
03-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Hello everybody!

I'm still new in this forum. I learnt Turbo Pascal 7 when I was a student - many years have passed since, and I found again the Pascal language in FreePascal and Lazarus nowadays. I would like create small (or professional) games with it, and I hope, I will find answers to my questions and I will publish my games.

As ever: Tomi

Shadar
12-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Hi to all, I'm a passionate pascal coder since TP5.0 now i'm interested by OpenGL and 3D programming in general. I am an active member of the GLScene Community

1234hdpa
15-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Hi,
My name is Thanh Phu. :)
I'm a student and I'm working my final project for my studying about Pascal programing on Android device.
I would love to learn more about Pascal programing and I hope I can finish my project as soon as possible.

galok
16-12-2015, 04:31 AM
Hi, i'm a Delphi programmer. I just programming in Delphi a lots of things for educational purposes and i'd like to ask here a few things about game programming.

radhika nishu
30-12-2015, 09:14 AM
If you know android application development, you may develop nice game

radhika nishu
03-01-2016, 04:21 AM
Hope you can successfully complete your final project. You may also work with Java programming language.

smalic01
07-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Hello for now.

Wouter van Nifterick
09-01-2016, 02:22 AM
Hi (hi!), my name is Wouter and I'm a programming addict.

I'm recognizing that I'm powerless over my addiction.
I'm not ready for recovery, that's why I've decided to hang out here.

renanx22
19-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Hi guys ! my name is Renan and i'm programming games in DelphiX(Hiroyuki Hori) in Delphi 7 !
I'm here to learn and get a great game programmer in delphi.

SilverWarior
19-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Hi guys ! my name is Renan and i'm programming games in DelphiX(Hiroyuki Hori) in Delphi 7 !

Hi and welcome to PGD!

Are you using the original DelphiX library or an updated unDelphiX library which is now maintained by a different guy?
I would recommend latter as it supports more features and also fixes a few bugs that were present in original DelphiX. Also unDelphiX is regularly maintained and updated and supports all newer versions of Delphi.
As far as I know updating from original DelphiX to unDelphiX should be straight forward process without the need to any code changes. Of course in order to use newest features you would need to make appropriate code changes.

niketas
24-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Hello,
I am progammer using mainly C++, C#, SQL in work and when I was in high school I used C(my first language) and Java. I never code in Pascal or Pascal's dialects. The same I never make any game (and I never try make game). In spite of that I want to make a strategy 2d games in Pascal. Why Pascal? Because programs in Pascal are usually efficient (memory usage, speed, etc) in comparative level as C/C++ and less bug prone than C/C++.

SilverWarior
25-01-2016, 04:15 AM
Why Pascal? Because programs in Pascal are usually efficient (memory usage, speed, etc) in comparative level as C/C++ and less bug prone than C/C++.

Well I believe you are the first C++ programmer I have seen to claim that. Usually it is the opposite especially regarding the performance.
Any way my experience taught me that the language is not so important but rather how it is used by the programmer. So if you are using right programming approaches you can make memory efficient well performed and bugles program in any programming language. Same as you can make shitty program in any language if you are using bad programming approaches.
Having sad that you probably won't gain much in form of final memory efficiency or game performance if making your game in Pascal.
But you could get some benefit of using Pascal and that is mainly faster compile times. I guess I don't have to tell you how fast compile times can be useful when you don't have to wait several minutes just because of small code change.
I think that faster compile times are the main advantage of Pascal in comparison to C++. And these are achieved by compiling and storing every unit in a way that it can be simply linked to the final program. So when you make a small change to the source code only the units in which code was changed needs to be recompiled. Of course if you will have lots of small units linking all of them into final program could still be a lengthy process. You can combat that by joining multiple units into packages so that only that specific packages are recompiled. But that makes managing a project a bit harder to maintain.

Any way welcome to PGD
I hope your stay here would be as pleasant as possible and I'm looking forward to your games. I love playing good strategy games.

boyscout
03-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Hey guys,

I'm Adrian. I'm new to Pascal Programming, but looking forward to networking and setting up some contacts that can help me get started.

mcagy
10-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Hi, my name is Mauricio. I'm a non-professional Delphi/Lazarus programmer for academic purposes, and I develop, among other things, researches employing virtual scenario.

kybio
15-02-2016, 09:03 AM
Hi, I created Meshmolder, software to sculpting 3D in Delphi...http://www.meshmolder.com

Ñuño Martínez
18-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Hi kybio. Welcome to PGD.

That's a cool software.

IntegerAction
20-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Hi, I am hobby game developer from Austria and have created some fine stuff in the last 7 years with Pascal and OpenGL like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaKQwiA7XW4

Akira13
20-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, Akira here.

Thibmo
06-03-2016, 02:55 AM
Hello everyone,

Quite honestly I am rather new to Delphi(Object-Pascal) and I've been trying my best to learn it in my spare time.
I do try to help KMR(Knights and Merchants Remake)/KP(Knights Province) where I can.

I am also working on my own project that will replace my old one written in C#.
That project is called RadiaLog and it's a program to monitor and upload CPM(Counts Per Minute) data from DIY radiation meters.

I am writing it in Delphi using RAD studio XE8.
I use OpenAL for audio handling (Just capturing and calculating RMS), TeeChart Lite for logging purposes, Cindy components for the float edits and the "Simple gauge" and Asynch Pro for serial port communication.

I joined to get more in-depth knowledge in Delphi. :)

bnl
24-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Hi
Looking forward to learn SDL2, and I'm thinking of using Lazarus doing it.
/Björn

Rickmeister
28-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Hi there! My name is Rickard, I'm a 40 years young Swede with a passion for programming, started with BASIC on the C64 and now I've set up a goal to learn Pascal. Been coding in C since the early 90;ies, but so far I've never touched Pascal, other then translating it to C. I program games as a hobby, and I've got alot of more or less finished games and demos on my hard drive.

Linux is my main platform, but as I've got access to both Windows and OSX I tend to atleast try to make my code run on those OS;es too.

God speed!

chuxlo
03-04-2016, 06:40 PM
I study to program on delphi, but sometimes there is a necessity for a help.
Therefore registered on this site.

ajol
04-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Hey, my name is Andreas. I'm a 27 year old guy from the north of Sweden.
I've spent the last few years doing part time work for a small electronics development company, that uses Delphi for it's computer-based programs.
Since work has really slowed down this year, I figured I'd finally make an attempt at pursuing my dream of being a game developer.

I've been told Pascal might not be the best language to start learning game programming in, but I still figured I'd make a try. It's the only advanced programming language I'm good with, and to be honest I've always disliked C's syntax.
So I was really excited to find this site and learn that there are other people working on making games with Pascal!

I'm currently working on a turn-based sci-fi simulation/strategy game, kind of inspired by "King of Dragon Pass". It's still in an early stage of development, but I'd like to think I have a solid concept for a game.
Lately however, I've been realizing just how different video game programming can be, compared to the normal programs I've been making. And that my current knowledge of programming just isn't enough to make an efficient game.
So I'm hoping you guys might be able to give me some feedback, or at least point me in the right direction so I'll know what I need to learn to make my ideas work.

Hans K
05-04-2016, 08:59 PM
and that pascal is consise .. its all the same...

i dont like c++ anymore... i spend to long messing with glut adn gleed and it took my life..

Hi (hi!), my name is Wouter and I'm a programming addict.

I'm recognizing that I'm powerless over my addiction.
I'm not ready for recovery, that's why I've decided to hang out here.

kernel2000
10-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Hi, my name is Adrian and I am a qualified Linux sysadmin, I have 20 years of experience. Before being sysadmin I was programmer, when I was 14 years old, my hobby was to program in turbo pascal, at that time on DOS operating system. I want to take up this hobby and develop small games for personal entertainment.

adamm
14-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Hi,
My name is Adam, I live in Poland. I'm started programming on Commodore64G about 15 years ago. My first application in pascal been written about 12 years ago. Now I writing in Object pascal (delphi/lazarus), c# and cpp.

Best regards,
Adamm.

Sir.Dev.A.Lot
14-04-2016, 10:43 PM
First Post and I am a New Challenger!

Greetings!:o

Krom
26-05-2016, 06:12 PM
For some reason I have to post here ... posting.

Makes me wonder, if so strict registration rules were made to fight off decay or caused it?

Ñuño Martínez
04-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Hi Krom. Welcome.

This is mostly to avoid SPAM and such bad people.

SilverWarior
04-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Not only to avoid SPAM but also to reduce the number of false or unused member accounts.
You se at certain point PGD forums had over 800K user accounts registered and most of them did not have a single post posted. What is worse is that most of them were also created by various SPAM-bots that managed to overcome first few security measures. So at peak times they were even up to 800 user accounts created each day.

Now you can imagine that storing information for 800K accounts does take up quite some storage space on the server and could even cause performance drop of the database that is used behind the forum software.

I know that you may think that such strict registration rules might be deterring people from joining our community. But that is definitely better than having entire forum filled with SPAM.
And to give you a better idea of amount of SPAM that we had before. Back in the days before the registration rules were so strict it was necessary for me and other moderators to spend even up to 2 hours a day cleaning all that SPAM and deleting the SPAM related accounts.

As for "decay" I think the main cause for this is lack of new content on the site. And this is mostly caused by the fact that most of us no longer have as much time for game development as we used to have

Airvikar
22-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Hi, Airvikar here!
I'm from Russia. :)

turrican
20-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Hi pascalgamedevelopers,

I'm turrican (turri for friends :)

I'm here because I like to develop games with Pascal/ObjectPascal syntax and learn with all of you and like to share my knowledge.

My last project is a Library Wrapper for Tilengine and I like to share with you.

Tilengine is a free, cross-platform 2D graphics engine for creating classic/retro games with tilemaps, sprites and palettes. Its unique scanline-based rendering algorithm makes raster effects a core feature, a technique used by many games running on real 2D graphics.

chip

s.

Hikari
22-07-2016, 06:54 AM
I am here mostly to connect a bit with other Pascal developers. I am a hobbyist and I mostly use Unity 3D with Delphi Prism (Oxygene), though I do occasionally use Free Pascal/Lazarus, or C# (though with the Oxidizer tool, most C# quickly just becomes Oxygene flavored Object Pascal with a tiny bit of work. I am mostly interested in games targeting desktop Linux and Windows (I don't even have a Mac to test with), but I do have some interest in application development too. I started off with Commodore 64 BASIC, and went on to Turbo Pascal and here I am today still with a love of this wonderful language.

I certainly am also interested to hear if anyone else uses Oxygene for .Net/Mono development or especially with Unity 3D. One thing that would improve my workflow is if I could add a plugin into Unity that would treat a pascal script like C# one, after all they are both languages that can be used with Mono, but I admit a bit of ignorance as to the actual steps unity makes to compile it's C#, Java or Boo source code, but I am fairly certain that it doesn't take care of the actual compilation. If it doesn't, then it seems like it would be fairly trivial to use Pascal without having to compile the DLLs in Visual Studio or Monodevelop and import them to Unity.

toni_zgz
10-08-2016, 05:38 AM
Hello, this is my first post. I hope this isn't my last post. Sorry in advance for my "average" level of English.

I want to make games in Pascal and I think Pascal is a very good programming language.

Apart from Pascal, this community is for derivatives of it? I.e. Oberon, Modula or component pascal?

Thanks a lot.

SilverWarior
12-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Apart from Pascal, this community is for derivatives of it? I.e. Oberon, Modula or component pascal?

Hi and welcome to PGD!

As far as I know PGD members most commonly use Object Pascal and its dialects like Delphi, Free Pascal, Oxygene and the one used in Smart Mobile Studio (don't know if it has specific name). But most PGD members are versatile in multiple Pascal dialects and even multiple programming languages. So I doubt you could find a Pascal dialect that hasn't been at least tried by our members if not mastered.

megamarc79
20-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Hi!
I'm a spanish developer. I signed in here because member turrican has published a FPC wrapper for the 2D graphics library Tilengine, which I have created. Coincidentally we live a only few kilometers away, but we haven't ever meet in person.
I can't help with Pascal, but I can give support for the wrapper.

Ñuño Martínez
22-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Welcome megamarc79. I'm also spanish (de Burgos, más concretamente. :D).

Thanks to come here. Actually I'm planning a classic platform game, and I'm not sure if use a 3rd party engine or write one by my own. May be we should talk about this (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/showthread.php?32525-Tilengine-2D-Pascal-Wrapper!). ;)

DJMaster
31-08-2016, 06:05 AM
Greetings to all PGD members!

I write bindings for the Free Pascal Compiler aka FPC.

I'd like to share and get comments.

See you soon.

Skoots
19-09-2016, 06:14 AM
Hi everyone I'd like to join the forum as I want to make games in pascal and join the community.

alphawiz
21-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Hello All.

This is my first post. I was glad to find this site. I was concerned that Pascal was going the way of the dinosaur. Looking forward to seeing, sharing and learning more about it with regards to game development, as well as just general Pascal usage.

i've been using Pascal off and on for years, particularly with Delphi.

Ravenis
30-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Hello.
I decided to join this community, since I've been developing roguelike MMORPG for some time now with Delphi.

-Ravenis

servotrophy424
22-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Hi, I'd like to join the community. Regards

roger1819
18-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Hi! my name is roger and i am programmer hobby pascal games with DelphiX

zazoum
19-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Hello to the community!

I am from Greece and I use FPC + Lazarus + SDL 2.0.5 for game development. Currently new to the SDL.

Nevets
22-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Hi, I am a web developer but enjoy revisiting my early days of programming from time to time. That would include 6502/6510 assembly and Turbo Pascal (Graphics).

Delutto
03-12-2016, 09:10 PM
I program in Pascal for hobby and I'm starting to focus on OpenGL.
Topic title contains typing error:Welcome to PGD! Make your first """port""" here in this thread

SilverWarior
08-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Topic title contains typing error:Welcome to PGD! Make your first """port""" here in this thread

Great catch.
I can't believe that this thread exists for over two years and no one noticed that until now.
Any way welcome to PGD!

antonio254f
14-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Hi, I am from Spain and I use FPC + Lazarus + Engine3D.

jnymarkp
16-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Just picked up FreePascal/Lazarus after 15+ years pause from programming
Interested in nxPascal but cannot find any posts about how to use it.

domenico.mammola
19-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Hi,
I am writing from Italy, ex professional Delphi programmer for 15 years, now Java programmer.
I am currently looking at Lazarus/Freepascal for some personal projects as I still love pascal.

Domenico

farcodev
23-01-2017, 05:11 AM
Welcome! :)

Nattsurf
23-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone I'm a Swedish programmer. Not currently working in Pascal but I'm exploring. I'm also going to create video tutorials pretty soon. I hope you will have use for them.Cheers.

Ñuño Martínez
27-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Welcome everybody. :)

paul_nicholls
29-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Welcome one and all, hope you enjoy your stay and learn stuff :)

cheers,
Paul

salvadordf
30-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Hi :

I just registered in this forum although I knew it for a long time. :)

salvadordf
31-01-2017, 08:15 AM
I forgot to say that I'm spanish too

Ilayaraja
03-02-2017, 07:22 AM
Hello All,

I'm using pascal for a couple of years. I wish to learn more from this forum.

Ñuño Martínez
04-02-2017, 05:35 PM

I forgot to say that I'm spanish too

Me too. :)

Wiering
10-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Hello, my name is Mike Wiering and I used to be a member of this forum, but wasn't able to log in anymore so I registered again :)

Anyway, I used to work with Turbo Pascal and Delphi a lot in the past, but now I mostly use Haxe.

thomkl
16-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Hello,
my Name is Thomas, I want to make games in fpc and Lazarus and join the community.
I'm sure to learn from this forum.

Thomas

jano152
21-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Hello,
I'll be honest. I'm here mainly because I have troubles with XInput in Delphi and I need to reply to this thread (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/showthread.php?32406-XInput-interface-for-Delphi). But I'm hobby developer in Delphi and Lazarus for about 15 years so I sure can offer more than just this one post (but I can't promise anything).
Thank you.

eimiar
01-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new in here but old on pascal programming :)

Ñuño Martínez
03-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Hello new Pascaloids! :D

Thyandyr
14-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Hello, Initial post as requested.

Tool: Delphi Berlin
Game styles of interest: MoM, DF
Level: For own fun

Thyandyr
15-05-2017, 02:04 PM
I thought I had made a post already, but since it is taking a while I'm not sure anymore. So Yeah, this is my (re) initial post.

SilverWarior
15-05-2017, 09:57 PM
I thought I had made a post already, but since it is taking a while I'm not sure anymore. So Yeah, this is my (re) initial post.

Unfortunately due to some extensive problems with spam in the past now PGD validation system still requires interaction of at least one forum moderator. And since we can't be visiting and checking PGD forums every day, sometimes happens that new members posts are not approved in the same day. And until they are approved they are not visible to other members.

Any way welcome to PGD!

Thyandyr
16-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately due to some extensive problems with spam in the past now PGD validation system still requires interaction of at least one forum moderator. And since we can't be visiting and checking PGD forums every day, sometimes happens that new members posts are not approved in the same day. And until they are approved they are not visible to other members.

Any way welcome to PGD!

Thanks, no problem. The main issue is with my brain, I can hardly be sure if I did something or not!

Touch
21-05-2017, 04:01 AM
:) I was a visitor of these forums a couple years ago but it was like abandoned, I'm glad that its alive again.

Touch
21-05-2017, 04:16 AM
New to this forum, hi everyone!

franx99
22-05-2017, 10:22 AM
hello everybody!

pan-te
22-05-2017, 11:36 AM
My name is Daniel. I've programmed in pascal since high school.

Link to my github:
https://github.com/pan-te/

Thyandyr
23-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Nice, nice. Hello all.

ghan
25-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Hello all,
This i my first post in PGD.
Lets learn how to make games wth pascal...
-------------------------------------------------
Salut tous,
Ceci est mon premier post sur PGD
Allons apprendre à faire des jeux avec pascal

Mensn
25-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Hi, this is my initial post. I just started learning Free Pascal and Lazarus and hope to learn making games. I'm interested in Roguelikes and 2D games I played back in my youth on the C64.

Greetings!

Triplefox
25-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Hello, returning to Pascal land after almost a decade apart. I was making web games but I'm fed up with that at this point.

Thyandyr
26-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Hellos fellas!

PascalNewb
08-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Hi everyone!

So as the name suggests I'm a Noobie when it comes to Pascal, hoping to learn a fair bit about it, I'll create a thread with some questions after I read all the sticky threads on the forum.

turrican
11-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Welcome all :)

cpicanco
27-07-2017, 05:14 PM
hi :-[

DAN Y
03-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Hi my name is Dan. I'm an old school programmer used Pascal ver 5-7 back in the day.
free Pascal looks good for a few things i want to do. So i am here thanks all..

Ñuño Martínez
24-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Hi new people.

ArielleWolbert
30-08-2017, 07:13 AM
Hi everyone!
Whish everyone having a nice time here!
Cheers!

danfromma
01-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Hi, I am looking forward to getting my feet wet here.

sinan
03-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Hi
Yet another pascal lover!

Galet
12-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Hello Delphi World.
Comback to Delphi Tokyo after long time with Borland Pascal, Turbo Pascal, Delphi XE2...
Thank for helps
Dider

danfromma
15-09-2017, 12:32 AM
Just checking things out here at the moment.

maplegreen
20-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Welcome to free pascal

Ñuño Martínez
22-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Welcome every new member!

Thyandyr
03-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Nice to see steady influx :D

OscarAlhinho
21-10-2017, 05:40 PM
I, a new one from Portugal

OscarAlhinho
23-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Yes, I am Human

SilverWarior
23-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Oscar Welcome to PGD.
I hope your stay here will be as pleasant as possible.

scottd
30-10-2017, 07:10 PM
This is my first post. Hello everyone :)

SilverWarior
03-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Hello scottd! Welcome to PGD.
I hope your stay here would be as pleasant as possible.

Pascal
06-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Hey! I'm new.

Pascal
09-11-2017, 12:11 AM
Hey! I'm new.

farcodev
10-11-2017, 01:42 AM
Welcome! :)

Pascal
16-11-2017, 12:24 AM
My profile still says its "moderated"?

SilverWarior
16-11-2017, 04:40 PM
My profile still says its "moderated"?

Not any more. Had you read the first post in this thread entirely you would have seen this:

4. Come back later and check back up on us. It may take a bit of time to approve your posts and set you as a Regular Member, but unless you come back, it won't do you any good. And we really do want you to be a member of the site!

The way how system works is that after your posts here have been approved (unfortunately this could take a day or two since we moderators doesn't visit the forum every single day). And then after your initial post has been approved by one of the moderators you still have to spend a bit of time browsing through the forum (being logged in of course) so that automatic promotion system can kick in and promote you into regular user.
I know this isn't the most friendly system especially from new members point of view but it is far better than having tons of spam all around the forum. I still remember days before we added this system when we were getting between 200 to 600 SPAM posts on a daily basis. Not to mention of daily getting between 80 to 200 new fake account whose only purpose was SPAM posting. During peaks the amount of SPAM and new fake user accounts has even been causing severe performance issue of the entire site.

Chamferbox
22-12-2017, 06:53 AM
program HelloEveryone;
uses crt;

begin
writeln('Hello, everyone!');
readkey;

end.

Thyandyr
23-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Ahhh, the high art of using edlin as ide.

Welcome

lainz
01-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Hi, I'm Lainz from the Lazarus forum. We're making a Game Contest in the new Games sub forum. Here a copy of the actual information on the contest thread:

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39495.0.html

Since 2015 we're making contests on the Graphics forum. And now we have the new Games sub forum! The previous year we had five games in the Graphics Contest. So this year we will focus on games!

Rules:
- The game you submit must be a new game, not a work in progress game or an already made game.
- The game source code must be released as open source, GPL or MIT.
- The game must be made with FPC or Lazarus, but you can use third party libraries compiled with other languages (SDL for example).
- All games must follow the topic described below.
- All games will be voted in a single poll, does not matter the genre of the game.

Topic:
- This year topic is 'retro games', so the graphics and music of the game must be retro style, say 8 bit or 16 bit (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis styles or older, not newer).

Deadline:
- 6 months from now, until 31 June 2018. No exceptions. On August 2018 we will vote for the best game.

djucl
02-01-2018, 12:45 AM
Hello world)
I don't know what i have to write here,so i decided give u some recources with free sound effects for your projects.
https://www.lucidsamples.com/free-sample-packs/181-free-sound-effects-sfx-pack.html
http://soundbible.com/free-sound-effects-1.html
https://www.audiomicro.com/free-sound-effects
https://cymatics.fm/blog/ultimate-list-free-foley-sound-effects/
http://www.flashkit.com/soundfx/
http://www.sfxsource.com/sound-effects.html
http://www.freesfx.co.uk/soundeffectcats.html

Ñuño Martínez
05-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Welcome Lainz and djucl!

holiveros
09-01-2018, 07:23 AM
Hello world :)

This is the first post of many (hopefully)

bluatigro
10-01-2018, 10:20 AM
hy
i been programming in basic for +-30 year now
from 7 years ago i been learning c++ and pyhon
now i m learning lazarus
i m active on :
www.libertybasic.conforums.com
www.freebasic.net
www.helpmij.nl (http://www.helpmij.nl) [dutch ]
www.forum.lazarus.freepascal.org
see what keeps me from the street :
www.ai.hcc.nl (http://www.ai.hcc.nl) [dutch ][ titus ]

bluatigro
11-01-2018, 09:10 AM
hello everybody
i have ben programming for +-30 years in basic
7 year in c++ and python
my experaince lies in librays
i m not so good at creating NEW games
see :
www.libertybasic.conforums.com (http://www.libertybasic.conforums.com)
www.freebasic.net (http://www.freebasic.net)
www.helpmij.nl (http://www.helpmij.nl) [ dutch ]
www.ai.hcc.nl (http://www.ai.hcc.nl) [ dutch ] [ titus ]
i m interested in ai an graphics

happy05
07-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Hello PGD community, I'm Delphi user, and i'm interesting about game development.

Ñuño Martínez
08-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Hello and welcome!

Evgnevius
22-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Hello! Delphi and Virt's Pascal are the best!

Appendix
04-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Looking to use Asphyre engine and would like to ask questions here

lookingtoprogram
06-03-2018, 01:33 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I currently program in Visual Basic .NET, but I would like to convert my understanding to Freepascal and Lazarus. I am interested in Game Development. I'm here to ask very beginner questions about using Freepascal for OpenGL programming and to ask about performance related issues in comparison to other languages, for game development.

DeschutesCore
15-04-2018, 03:45 AM
Hi, hello, how are ya?

In 1996 I was shopping at my local Media Play when I came across the first Delphi, and fell in love.

For years I eagerly followed all of the sites related to Pascal and audio, graphics, and games programming. Sulaco, turbo.net, delphi3d, Flipcode; I even had my own site, MagnumStudios, for a few years. Then life got in the way and development and I drifted apart.

Fast forward to 2018 and I've been relearning Delphi to the point that I've ported most of my old projects to current standards, including my pet project, which I'm hoping to bring up to a releasable state within the year.

paspas
15-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Hello world :)
This is my first post. ​

Ñuño Martínez
23-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Welcome!

newguy
04-05-2018, 12:57 AM
Ben around since the 80's as hardware technical trouble shooter for jvc, shar,p and sony, now retired .Looking to try my hand at Pascal and C for retro game codeing. love the fact that pascal is so easy and c like. I like the fact that this site understands this. hope i can get the answer's to some idiosyncrasies.:-[

newguy
04-05-2018, 01:04 AM
Ben around since the 80's as hardware technical trouble shooter for jvc, shar,p and sony, now retired .Looking to try my hand at Pascal and C for retro game codeing. love the fact that pascal is so easy and c like. I like the fact that this site understands this. hope i can get the answer's to some idiosyncrasies.:-[

hkhkqoo
17-05-2018, 04:02 AM
Hello,

This is my first post.

Scott Nick Afanasi
26-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Hello this is my first post

Artem3213212
25-07-2018, 07:49 PM
writeln('hello world');

danzman
29-07-2018, 02:40 AM
hello friends!

gerdich
02-08-2018, 10:46 AM
I am interested in Delphi, FMX, FireDac, 3D, FreePascal, AppGameCreator, iClone, Crazytalk Animator ... .

magagain
15-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Sup guys, whats going on?

Ñuño Martínez
17-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Hi newbies. :)

SilverWarior
17-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Hi newbies. :)

Hey Nuno instead of using word "newbies" you should rather use word "newcomers". Why?
Because word "newbie" is commonly used for referring to people without knowledge in certain area. But we don't know the level of game development knowledge of these newcomers so referring to them in such way might be seen as offensive even thou I'm sure that wasn't your intention.

Ñuño Martínez
20-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the comment. I'm not native English speaker. :-[

SilverWarior
20-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the comment. I'm not native English speaker. :-[

Yes I know that.
Now I'm also not a native English speaking person but it seems that my English might be a tad bit better than yours ;)
Oh and thank for my browser spellchecking capabilities. Without it you may have a very hard time reading all of my spelling errors that I make :D

rpger
18-09-2018, 09:03 PM
hello this is my first post

ultim zeus
20-09-2018, 11:58 AM
My first post
hello every body:)

hackbear
05-10-2018, 02:05 PM
print("hello")

daiphucka
11-10-2018, 08:19 AM
My first post
hello every body:) say yeahhh

daiphucka
11-10-2018, 08:42 AM
hello

bracer
18-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Hi!
I'm developing in Lazarus, usually using GlScene.
I hope I can help others and get some help from the community here!
Here is my project: https://battleshipcommand.wordpress.com/

Cheers

JC_
23-10-2018, 08:07 AM
Welcome Bracer,

nice project, it reminds me Aces from the deep :)

bracer
27-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Thank you!

farcodev
28-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Hi bracer and nice project! The Scharnhorst (and its history) is rad! :D

Welcome rpger, ultim zeus, hackbear et daiphucka too! :)

song.of.traitor
25-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Hey, guys. Wasup?

dubst3pp4
28-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Hello, I'm not yet a game developer but very interested in Allegro.pas and Object Pascal in general! Thanks for approving me :-)
Best regards,
Marc

Ñuño Martínez
29-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Welcome. :)

farcodev
30-11-2018, 04:05 AM
Welcome! ;)

KhuchKhana
09-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this forum, I've started learning Pascal and Pascal Game Development. I stumbled upon this site after search on Google. I think i'll get more than help from you all guys. Good Day.

KhuchKhana
09-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Hello :)

farcodev
11-12-2018, 12:47 AM
Welcome KhuchKhana! :)