PDA

View Full Version : True Story: Where's the fire?

Eriken
17-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Since I apparently ran out of jokes here is a true story from where I work.

Last year the firealarm went off in this building (where over 800 people work daily) and everyone had to go outside. Which is standard procedure, which also contains the nice thing that noone ever bothers to tell you when you can go back in if it's a false alarm :roll:

Anyways, when we had been outside for a while, and as always were really disappointed that nothing burned down, we went back in just before they announced the following message on the speaker-system here:

"The Firealarm is false, please go back to work, the reason the alarm went of is that there was some smoke in the 'smokers room'"

Riiiiiight, so if I catch anyone in there with matches or a lighter, I'll be ready with my gardenhose!

The even more sad part of it all is that it happen again a few weeks ago. They never learn, do they ? :twisted:

Useless Hacker
17-03-2003, 08:45 PM
The other week the fire alarm went off at my college. Having been ejected from the computer room (where else would I be?) by a biology lecturer who seemed to think getting out of the building was more important than logging off, we all trooped outside. This happened to on a day when the fire brigade were on strike, so we all had hopes of seeing the army turn up in a Green Goddess, especially since the barracks was just down the road. However, as it turned out, no one turned up, so I guess it was fortunate that there was no fire! We still had to stand outside for 45 minutes though.

Eriken
17-03-2003, 09:35 PM
Like, when you know they can choose the day they want to test the alarmssytem and stuff. And they choose the coldest day in January just to piss you off..

I better remember that if I get in such a position at some point!

"Right, it was an accident that I left you outside in -10 C for 45 minutes"
_____
Eriken

Kim Friis
18-03-2003, 09:05 AM
A firealarm is a good thing.

In december we had one in a building with around 300 people. We all stormed out, and waited outside in the cold. (December is cold in denmark)
It turned out that it was the boss for the whole building that thought he wanted some cozyness (hygge?) so he had lit some cantles. I say: Good thing it was the boss....

LP
19-03-2003, 05:43 AM
There were false firealarm in my institution about a week ago when lots of people came outside. Since I've met few friends there (which you usually don't do - everyone sticks into his laptop in different places)... was quite a good reason to play volley ball :wink: (was my first time in whole semester!) At least, firealarm is good for something :)