PDA

View Full Version : I refactored the Phoenix GLFW renderer to use GLFW3, and also just generally fixed it

Akira13
04-06-2017, 12:14 AM
Zip file is attached. Based on my tests, it performs much better than the SDL1 renderer (no while-loop-of-doom in the "Update" procedure!), so if anyone out there is still using Phoenix you might consider giving this a shot.

Edit: If you download this, let me know how it works for you! I've been messing around with the Phoenix sources a lot in the past week or so, and I've concluded it's still an extremely viable engine. Certainly more advanced than any other Pascal-based 2D engine I can think of (i.e. it uses NO deprecated OpenGL functionality, e.t.c.). I've also updated the Lua script engine to use Martin Van Der Honings "DLua" unit, which targets the current Lua 5.3 version, and I ported the "Phoenix Model Editor" application to Lazarus as well, if anyone's interested.

turrican
08-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Nice! is Phoenix portable to Android?

Akira13
09-06-2017, 03:36 AM
I think it could be done, since as I said it uses no deprecated GL functionality, and as such there wouldn't be any GLES compatibility issues to speak of. (Also, I'm not the original author of the library, just in case you weren't aware.)