PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for installing GLScene in Delphi 10.1 Berlin

Thyandyr
08-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Updated install instructions based on the document in the GLScene\Installation folder.

Download archive zip files of GLScene 1.5 project at the page https://sourceforge.net/projects/glscene/files/GLScene/
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/glscene/files/GLScene/)
Unpack and move to a folder of your chosing.
Go to GLScene\external and edit SetupDLLs.bat
Read what it does.
Remove two last lines:
rem pause
cls
Save and close.
Open command prompt to the same directory.
Run SetupDLLs.bat from the command prompt.
Observe text in the command prompt. See if files were copied or not.
Close command prompt if filew were copied.
Open Delphi IDE.
Create a new environmental variable GLSCENEDIR. Tools->Options->Enviroment Options->Enviroment Variables->User overrides. Set this to the main folder where you positioned GLScene.
Add Delphi Library Path. Tools->Options->Delphi Options->Library->32 bit->"Library Path".
Add ";$(GLSCENEDIR)\lib\win32" at the end of the textbox. Without " marks.
Ad Delphi Library Path. Tools->Options->Delphi Options->Library->64 bit->"Library Path".
Add ";$(GLSCENEDIR)\lib\win64" at the end of the textbox. Without " marks.
Add search path. Tools->Options->Delphi Options->Library->32 bit->"Browsing path".
Add these directories: ;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\Basis;(GL SCENEDIR)\Source\DesignTime;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\Fi leFormats;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\GameAPIs;(GLSCENEDIR )\Source\ParallelAPIs;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\PhysicsA PIs;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\ScriptingAPIs;(GLSCENEDIR) \Source\Shaders;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\SoundVideoAPIs
Add search path. Tools->Options->Delphi Options->Library->64 bit->"Browsing path".
Add these directories: ;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\Basis;(GL SCENEDIR)\Source\DesignTime;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\Fi leFormats;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\GameAPIs;(GLSCENEDIR )\Source\ParallelAPIs;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\PhysicsA PIs;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\ScriptingAPIs;(GLSCENEDIR) \Source\Shaders;(GLSCENEDIR)\Source\SoundVideoAPIs
Open project GLScene\Packages\GLScene_Win32.groupproj
Select GLScene_RunTime in the project manager, right click, From here->"Compile all from here"
Rightclick on every Design Time package and select install.
Open project GLScene\Packages\GLScene_Win64.groupproj
Select GLScene_RunTime in the project manager, right click, From here->"Compile all from here"

Thyandyr
08-06-2017, 08:59 PM
I do get error on item 19, on package GLScene_SDL_DesignTime.dproj: [dcc32 Error] "dcc" exited with code 1.

Otherwise looked like it works, did only test one example and went to bed. Will continue today.

SilverWarior
09-06-2017, 04:15 AM
I edited the thread title to be more informative.
Based on the old title I first thought that you are providing installation instruction for the Delphi itself. Which seemed a bit unusual since the thread is in GLScene section ;)

SilverWarior
09-06-2017, 04:18 AM
I do get error on item 19, on package GLScene_SDL_DesignTime.dproj: [dcc32 Error] "dcc" exited with code 1.

I recommend you open the troublesome package in Delphi and then try to compile/build it to see where error occurs.

Akira13
09-06-2017, 04:45 AM

To be honest I wouldn't bother installing that particular package in the first place. Why would you want to use an outdated SDL1-based renderer instead of the native one?

Thyandyr
09-06-2017, 09:56 AM
I edited the thread title to be more informative.
Based on the old title I first thought that you are providing installation instruction for the Delphi itself. Which seemed a bit unusual since the thread is in GLScene section ;)

I was pretty sleepy when I did this, can't remember what the title was but looks fine now.

Thyandyr
09-06-2017, 09:58 AM
To be honest I wouldn't bother installing that particular package in the first place. Why would you want to use an outdated SDL1-based renderer instead of the native one?

Yeah it does sound something like that I wouldn't worry about. I just though for completeness' sake to report what I saw.

Galet
14-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Hello Thyandyr,
I Try to install GLScene on Delphi Tokyo with this procedure but I have some trouble at the point 18 :
- The compilation of GLScene_Physics_RunTime.bpl give me, on the file GLNGDManager the fault :
[dcc32 Erreur] GLNGDManager.pas(1640): E2010 Types incompatibles : 'TCollisionPrimitiveArray' et 'Pointer'
[dcc32 Erreur fatale] GLScene_Physics_RunTime.dpk(45): F2063 Impossible de compiler l'unité utilisée 'GLNGDManager.pas'

the line concerned is 1640 :
if Length(collisionArray) > 0 then
Result := NewtonCreateCompoundCollision(FManager.FNewtonWorl d,
Length(collisionArray), @collisionArray[0], 0)

- If I try to comment this lines, the compilation is successfull but any DPK files are generated only Lib files.
Have you an Ideas about this fault ?
Thanks for your help,
Didier