PDA

View Full Version : download.com problem

skinhat
03-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Is anyone else having troubles with download.com? I am paying $10 per month so that my game updates (a glscene app) get reviewed in 5 days instead of 14 days (14 days is free). After 10 days they still havent reviewed my game and support tells me they are having problems with there system. I am wondering if its just me thats having the problem or is others who use download.com also having problems.

jdarling
04-10-2006, 01:24 AM
I don't have anything with download.com, but I would say that if I'm paying money and the system was down, then someone ows me my money back.

WILL
04-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Indeed! No service, no payment. I'd stop payment on them right away until they sort out their 'system' problem and demand the money back for the service that they have not provided to you.

If you feel that they will not comply with you wishes, there is always organizations like the 'Better Business Bureau' here in Canada. Just don't let them walk over you though.

Big businesses have a large tendancy to let quality of service drop for the sake of profit. It's common in these cases.

skinhat
04-10-2006, 02:08 AM
I don't have anything with download.com, but I would say that if I'm paying money and the system was down, then someone ows me my money back.

Whats the best way to get your money back? Should I try their support first? Maybe I should escalate it if download.com support ignores me.

WILL
04-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Yes, if you go through the entire process of trying to resolve the situation (ie. emailing/calling their support people, management, etc...) and escalating it to the next step until you run out of 'reasonable' people to deal with, it will show in the end to whatever 3rd party if you get to that point, that you have 'done it properly' and if it becomes a legal issue, you will win for sure.

However it's likely that most of the time you never have to go that far, instead only give the impression that you are willing to take it to that level that will 'scare' them into playing nice and making you happy in the end.

Just go through the entire chain, giving them a fairly adiquate amount of time to respond each step of the way.

skinhat
04-10-2006, 04:17 AM
Yippee, download.com have finally processed my game. Maybe they're reading this forum :)