PDA

View Full Version : Game choice

Alimonster
07-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Illunis has asked about creating a game. Assuming it was ever to get off the ground, what would your preference be?

iLLUNis
07-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Well i have voted for RPG like.... :) Come on guys...keep it coming.....no matter what we can have fun anyway. I agree with the The Lion.....no matter what it will be fun programming and exchange of ideas....VOTE NOW....I...errr YOU decide..... :?

Zanthos
07-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Good idea in theory :) Although planning and designing to get it off the ground could be a whole other ball park :) I voted for RTS because I have a pet hate of group games being RPGs, although for some reason I find the scripting and trigger systems interesting and fun? to do :) (did work in a group working on an RPG previously.. failed tho :()

Xorcist
07-11-2002, 11:22 PM
Sweet side scrolling goodness baby! There just aren't enough cool side scrollers being released. Though I am very partial to a more puzzle/maze oriented scroller when done completely in 2D (think Prince of Persia, Zorro, Blackthorne, or Nosferatu). In fact, I'd love to do a sequel, remake, or game in the style of Nosferatu, which was one of the most anticipated SNES games but flopped due to poor game controls and horrid enemy AI.

P.S. My second choice would be a RTS.

balog
08-11-2002, 11:06 AM
I agree with you exactly Xorcist.

1. Side scroller platformer
2. RTS

(Sorry illunis, but RPG is way down the list).

iLLUNis
08-11-2002, 11:13 AM
... (Sorry illunis, but RTS is way down the list).
Nahhh...like i said it is for the fun and to be able to work as a community...anything goes....
PS....i ll shoot you later.... :shock:

TheLion
08-11-2002, 11:14 AM
A Side Scroller game (like pop) would be very cool to do too, however I voted RTS...

Traveler
08-11-2002, 12:05 PM
Looks like the old platform games are still very popular (40% at this time)... i'd better hurry up with my tutorial I suppose :idea:

Alimonster
08-11-2002, 12:12 PM
Looks like the old platform games are still very popular (40% at this time)... i'd better hurry up with my tutorial I suppose :idea:
Yeah, get your butt in gear, man! :twisted: (...says the guy with two tutorials that have been half-finished for about a month now... :roll:)

TheLion
08-11-2002, 12:50 PM
I know how that feels AliMonster! :) I never get around to making tutorials and when I start I don't think they are good enough, so I start writing about something else and finish it in a weekend, but that only happened 3x (as you can see on in my tutorial section)... :)

Xorcist
08-11-2002, 08:04 PM
Not to throw this off topic or anything, but has anyone ever played Godizilla: Real Time Monster Attack Simulation for the the Sega Saturn. It has to be one of the most under rated RTS games ever made.

You basically play the Japanese military and have to defend Japan from the various invading monsters (each level is a different scenerio taken straight from the movies). Main goals are to try and keep the city in one piece, preserving your resources and man power, and fending off or destroying the attacking monster(s). One of the coolest aspects is when two or more monsters are involved you can orient your units such that they force the monters to battle each other (which is fun to watch).

You really don't even have to be a fan of Godzilla to enjoy the game, though knowing a little Japanese helps since the game was never released for another language. I always thought a similar game might do well for the PC (though obviously the whole Godzilla franchise would be out of the question).

Alimonster
08-11-2002, 08:16 PM
If you're into quality monster games, you can't go wrong with Rampage. All that people-eating goodness plus being able to demolish buildings. Lovely!

I can't remember how long I set this poll to run, btw ;). It's either 7 or 14 days. Ah well, what's life without a few surprises here and there!

BlueCat
12-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Ah Rampage! I'd forgotten about that game, how old is that now? I like the idea of remaking it, nice one Alimonster.

Vote Side-scrolly jump-and-run - you know it makes sense! :mrgreen:

Momor
18-11-2002, 09:04 PM
Hmm I like side scrollers too (Turrican in mind), but I was pleased with the Gauntlet remake in the other forum ... is that a kind of scroller ? :roll:

BlueCat
18-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Hmm I like side scrollers too (Turrican in mind), but I was please with the Gauntlet remake in the other forum ... is that a kind of scroller ? :roll:

It scrolls so.... yes it is a scroller!! :?

I like the Gauntlet idea too.