PDA

View Full Version : Official Call-Out for 2007 PGD Annual Judges

WILL
11-10-2006, 09:56 AM
This is the official invitation to all those that want to be judges in the next PGD Annual in 2007.

We are hoping for a signifigantly larger number of judges this year, at least 5 and as many as 8. This will help us to create a nicer curve in our point system this year.

However, please note that being a PGD Annual Competition judge is a big responsibility, last year we gave over $5000 US dollars in prizes alone. If you sign up as a judge you have to be prepared to be availible for up to 4 set deadlines within the approximate time of 4 months, or the total time of the competition.

It is important that we secure at a minimum 5 deticated judges for this year's event. We have some great plans being panned out and I think you will like where we are going with things. We just need some volunteers to help us make it happen.

IMPORTANT: We should also note that all judges will be considered staff members of the '2007 PGD Annual Committee' and will not be able to compete for that year's event. This is a simple 'conflict of interest' clause to keep things honest.

Those interested in becoming a judge are asked to contact Dominique Louis via the PGD site's Private Message ('privmsg.php?mode=post&u=11') system OR via email at savagesoftware@hotmail.com

technomage
14-10-2006, 10:27 PM
No takers yet? I am surprised.

I have been a judge for the last two competitions, and although I'm taking this year off, it is a great opportunity.

The amount of work does depend on the games, but you do get to play some relly good entries. I remember this years contest, I saw so many entires that were just great. It is tough to choose some times but in the end it's worth it.

The goals based format can be tough, but it means you can spread the judging out rather than cram the whole lot into a weekend at the end of the competition.

So come on people, lets have some volenteers to help out, I might get drafted otherwise :wink:

tanffn
15-10-2006, 06:53 AM
WILL did ask for PM or email, Dominique might be even flooded with requests, are you Dom?

technomage
15-10-2006, 03:13 PM
:oops: Did't read that bit :oops:

WILL
15-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Still, it would be nice to 'see' volunteers speak up. ;) Nothing more exciting than a public bid to participate on something like this.

PGD Annual is big. 60+ 'legit' teams registered for 2006. This year the 'word of mouth' will likely have spread out more so we can expect a bigger amount of teams I think.

And I'm hoping... a bigger venue. But thats all on Dom. He's 'da man' for 2007. :)

tanffn
16-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I actually prefer keeping it under wraps, some suspense and expectation is always good :) I’m sure Dom will decide what’s the best time to reveal PGD 2007 judges.

WILL
16-10-2006, 05:12 PM
True... but if John Carmack poped on here and stated that he would be judging the competition, tell me you wouldn't start jumping up and down saying "Thats sooo cool!". :P

tanffn
16-10-2006, 05:20 PM
You got a point there WILL :lol: