PDA

View Full Version : Context Activation Error C0070006

andrew2110
15-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi. I'm trying to learn how to use GLScene. I've been going through the
demos but whenever I close a demo I get the error:

"Context Activation Error C0070006"

Why is this and how can I get rid of it?

Sorry if this is a question thats been asked many times before. I've done a search on google and these forums but havent found a solution as of yet...

fire.tiger
17-10-2006, 07:12 AM
it can be bad graphics card drivers...it can be enything.
please, specify, when exactly you get that error , and you configuration (hw,sw)...
or go to http://glscene.org and join to discussion .. and ask there

andrew2110
17-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for your reply, I just recieved a response on the GLScene forums...

To anyone else who has a similar problem, its due to having the latest ATI drivers (7.0) and to fix it you need to use the 6.5 driver. The GLScene team have written to ATI asking them to fix this problem so hopefully it wont be an issue in the near future.

WILL
17-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Oh sure... the softwre guys always blaming the hardware guys. :P

But being serious now, can you describe a little bit of the details here so that we have a more expansive bit of information for the more inquisitive minded folks? ;)

The main question that comes to mind is, "What exactly did ATI do wrong in their latest drivers?"

andrew2110
17-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Well here's one of the reponses I got from the nice people at GLScene:

The best is to use driver 6.5 again.
If you realy need last driver you can use the Viewer.free method in the
OnClose form and wait 7.0 driver.
I have talk a lot about this problem with ati people and I wait to see if it
is corrected.

Basically what my problem was that after reinstalling windows SP2, and then installing the latest graphics drivers, then installing Delphi Enterprise 7 and GLScene, whenever I closed an GLScene application in Delphi OR whenever I opened somebody elses GLScene application, I would get a context activation error and the application would freeze.

If it helps the graphics card im using is a PowerColour x850xt

If im honest I dont know who is really at fault for this error, but if it worked fine in the 6.5 drivers and works fine (I assume) for NVidia graphics cards, its possible something could have gone wrong in the 7.0 Drivers, but then again, i know nothing about hardware! Let me know if any more info would be useful