PDA

View Full Version : anyone need original music?

r3u
15-10-2006, 05:13 PM
I've been recording stuff for awhile, but never for use in a game. It's an area that I'd like to get into, though. I've posted some samples below. They are the more ambient, epic pieces. However, I think i could compose something fitting for whatever you are working on. Any feedback is welcomed!

http://www.razorpilot.com/uploads/gulag3.mp3
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=587526&songID=4307641

WILL
15-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi, welcome to PGD! :)

I might be a bit premature (we're in the heavy development stage of the project) but if you take a look at the thread with some of my concept stuff and our progress with graphics and such you may find it interesting. We have a great story and some amazing artwork being developed.

Cyber-Crisis (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3652)

Plus there are a few other much smaller projects I have lined up that are a bit further along than this one. I'm going shareware with all eventually.

This will probably be an interesting project for the musical side of things. I'd be looking for a whole range of emotions to be stired up. Excitement, a cold sadness, some light & fun stuff, mystery and even the ultimate battle music at the end. :)

r3u
15-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I like it. The artwork is incredible, and an excellent story-line. keep me in touch. and if you ever need free music, i have a whole lot in the works.

technomage
15-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Nice tunes you have there 8)

I think you'll find more than enough work here :)

I have just posted a plea for help myself for

InfiniteSpace-online (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3672)

Epic and Ambient is definately a requirement :wink:

jasonf
15-10-2006, 07:24 PM
I am such an ignorant muppet... I've only just picked up on that thread from a couple of years ago.. The Concept art is AWESOME! Those robot ideas are so organic looking. Looking forward to seeing some Major progress on this one ;)

tanffn
16-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Welcome aboard r3u! (even though WILL beat me to it, as he always does)

I’m surprised you weren’t flooded with messages, I’m sure many would love your assistance.
On what kind of games are you interested working?

r3u
17-10-2006, 06:42 PM
tanffn- no, thank YOU. I'd work on just about anything. Of course, my goals always exceed my resources. In the past, I've probably taken myself too seriously, so everything I've written has this dark, serious undertone...which might go well with certain games/scenes. Really, I'm looking to branch out though, so I thought writing from scratch for a particular project might add some new aspects to my approach. I can write happy music, I know I can, lol. I just was never asked. As far as project size, I'm certainly not in a position to pump out 20 or 30 full symphonies in a month's notice...actually, I don't really write symphonies, eh hem. So, maybe I could be one of a few contributers to a larger project, or work out a full theme for a smaller one. If, it's an old-school pac-man type game, the music could be real simple (and fun to work on, too) anyway, thanks for the reply

jdarling
17-10-2006, 07:56 PM
I still need some music for my Tank Brigade demo game. I have no idea what I'd want, just something that goes with the game thus far. Right now it uses something I downloaded from the web, it fits well, but I'd rather have something unique. You can find more at http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3632.

Right now, the traffic is low, but I'm amazed at how fast it has been picking up :)

r3u
17-10-2006, 09:20 PM
jdarling- I'm trying to download the game...my connection is aweful, so it's taking awhile. DSL is so overrated. I'll PM you once I get a chance to check it out.

Traveler
18-10-2006, 08:13 AM
I've been following this thread (and other music related threads) for some time now. Although I dont have any need for a musician at this moment, I might be in a couple months time, when the development of Village Defense has progressed to a higher level. I can not give any estimates of when this is going to be, but I will be looking for someone to aid me in the area of both music as well as sounds effects.

I'll keep this thread in mind. When the time has come, I will definitely make a request here on PGD as well as on my website.

r3u
26-10-2006, 04:13 AM
I've finally finished my first gaming composition ever, and thanks to (jeremy), I can now introduce to you the latest news in gaming history... Tank Brigade has been updated, with some new features and an incredible synthesis of sound and game-playing satisfaction, I might add. I tried to create a "war" theme, so lots of brass and some marching percussion, like some of the works that you'd hear from composers in the early 20th century....WWI and so on. I've only gotten feedback from jdarling so far on the music, and he's been far too generous in his observations. If anyone would like to comment, or offer criticism, I'd be very interested in your feedback. A link to the newest Tank Brigade is posted below. Thanks!!!

http://www.eonclash.com/JumpStart/downloads.php

WILL
26-10-2006, 07:57 AM
I was one of the select few that was able to set TB v2 before it's release so I got to hear the music aswell. ;)

Very nice score... I like the 2nd one that played the best. If they are in sequence that way. :)

jdarling
26-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I have to give r3u big props (is that the proper usage?) for the work he has done. The new background music makes all of the difference in the world when playing the game. The length and timing were well thought out. Honestly can't wait to work with Nick (rn) on another project in the future.

Chesso
05-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm a little late here :P.

I downloaded the demo if that's the right one. I liked the initial music that was playing throughout the menu screen and game, I feel that it could also suit other types of scenes.

And on that game btw, I think you should experiment with more movement allowable and some more speed to it and see how it feels that way, might keep the excitement up a bit more :P (it's not too easy either which is good lol).