PDA

View Full Version : Pascal Game Development.com Gets An Official Logo!

WILL
16-10-2006, 06:01 PM
About a week or so ago I talked to Alex (aka Traveler) and asked if he can come up with another logo that would best fit the 'theme' of the site's colors. Blue, Silver and Gold(or Brass or Yellow). He in a spout of brillance came up with this amazing looking coin logo here. I like it so much that in fact I'm making it the Official PGD Site Logo!

http://upload4.postimage.org/1410374/new_pgd_logo.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1410374/photo_hosting.html)

Now, not only is this Alex's latest graphic, it's also his last graphic for PGD... at least for a while. He is taking a break as PGD's 'official artist' to focus on some of his other important personal and professional projects. He has done everything from the site's own graphics and design it's self, PGD Annual Event Posters, banners, logos and other such things that you guys have probably not even seen yet. And all of it was made to the highest of quality. He has done great work for us over the past few years and it's right to mention this because without his hard efforts and detication to the site and the artwork he has provided us with, we'd all be living a much blander world here at PGD. It's been a privilage to have him been a part of our site's design and it's vision. Alex, from me and all the rest of us at PGD, thanks for the last couple of years! :thumbup:

technomage
16-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I second that. Thanks for all your hard work :D

Traveler
16-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Thank you for those kind words, WILL :oops:

As I've said earlier in a pm and now again. It has been a pleasure.
And dont forgive to give yourself some credit too. Half the stuff I did was already in your mind. I just visualized it.

I hope there will be someone to step up and fill the spot, as there are many things yet to do. A new banner for the upcoming competition for example, or some kind of promotional graphics to be put on mugs or t-shirts.

I'm not leaving of course, I'll still be around keeping an active roll as pgd staff, be it just with a few different parameters. :wink:

WILL
17-10-2006, 07:46 PM
You're very welcome! :)

Yes, you're right. We have first and foremost the new PGD Online Store that I'm getting ready to go. I'm planning on some nice mug and T-Shirt deigns. I'll post those for feedback in a new announcement sometime soon. Along with a new poll to reflex the difference in opinion from then and now. (just the idea vs. seeing the actual product)

And also the 2007 PGD Annual. Dom is gonna need a graphics guy to help with; (taking from just this last year's needs) a new event poster to reflect the theme of the new competition(s), 4 new 'Excellence Award' mug designs, a poster illustrating all the winners (top 3 & award winners) and whatever else might come up at a later date.

Then of course there was the task of creating new flash animations for the site's 'Tank Window' page menu/header. Something that ended up getting pushed back since the release of the site.

Lots of stuff to do and lots of help welcomed. :)

technomage
17-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey WILL , do you want the old DelphiGamer logo's for the store as well, just in case. :wink:.

I won't be offented if youy say no :D

WILL
17-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Hmm... yeah, I think we could capitalize on the fame of the older sites. That is if you and Dom don't mind. ;)

Send 'er on over! :) I'll see if I can't put together something neat for it. (btw, has anyone bought anything from the DelphiGamer store yet? And if so, what exactly? :))

technomage
17-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Dom and Iboth brought a couple of tea shirts each, and I got one of the Bags.. that is about it... good quality stuff though :D

JernejL
18-10-2006, 09:08 AM
not enough contrast in bottom part, imo, but it truly looks great otherwise.

also, it would go best with a brightier color theme.

i just had this idea,

Too bad that .de doesn't allow two-letter domain names, you could use domain hack (PG.DE - Pascal Game.DEvelopment) ;)