PDA

View Full Version : DelphiX with FRAPS

seiferalmasy
29-10-2006, 06:27 AM
I use fraps to capture vids, does quite well on halo, worms and a few others. However on my games created with Delphix the FPS drops to below 5

Is there any particular reason for this? My specs are quite good, vid card X800 GTO radeon

It doesnt capture at all in window mode, I am thinking more of a fraps issue actually....

JernejL
29-10-2006, 10:38 AM
The new fraps has issues with everything, say run it, then run my opengl game -> game will not load, start game again and the whole XP os will freeze - for real :/

Traveler
29-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Have a look at CamStudio (http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/). I'm not entirely sure if you can record fullscreen games too, but for all else its great.

seiferalmasy
29-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah I agree Delfi, it is a bit buggy :( I will give this camstudio a try, i used it long time ago and it was crap but I give it second chance:)

NecroDOME
29-10-2006, 02:25 PM
However on my games created with Delphix the FPS drops to below 5

Had the same problem. DirectX 7. My DirectX 9 engine runs fine with fraps on.

seiferalmasy
29-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I am using DX9C....maybe its 1 of those dxdraw options but I don't think so.

NecroDOME
29-10-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm using Omega... so I'm afraid I can't really help....

NecroDOME
29-10-2006, 08:29 PM
I join your problem:
Today I updated my video drivers (nVidia) and guess what: Fraps drops at 7-8 FPS on my engine...

Driver problem?

DX9, nVidia 6800 x 2 (SLI configuration)

I also have some unwanted results in 3D max: anti aliasing... (never had it befor)

UPDATE: Problem solved:

Within the nVidia's controll panel you can set the quality of the rendering to Performance, balanced or quality. With quality on it goes very slow, with performance on it goes as it normal goes... Strange fraps has to suffer cause the engine rendered at a speed of 75fps steady...

UPDATE: Stupid control panel :| When you say let app choose, performance will override...

Clootie
29-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Updated version of FRAPS is just released - check it out!
[I mean second update in couple of days]