PDA

View Full Version : making executable file???

hunkar
02-12-2006, 07:07 PM
i am new at using glscene and i have difficulty making my project .exe i use delphi7 and delphi makes .res and like this files in the project folder if anyone can help me solving my problem i think i have a long way to go:)
and sorry for my English.

JernejL
02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
press F9.

hunkar
02-12-2006, 07:55 PM
ofcourse i know how to compile and built a project but delphi doesn't make project1.exe it makes project1.res when i try to built how can i correct?

tux
02-12-2006, 07:58 PM
what is it saying in the message window?

hunkar
02-12-2006, 08:09 PM
it says nothing,i compile and built with no errors i use glscene in my project when i dont use glscene delphi builts project1.exe but when i use glscene it doesn't make project1.exe it makes project1.res,project1.dof,project1.cfg but but no .exe i didn't understand why i am new with glscene and i made an easy project please help me with my problem thanks

JernejL
02-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Maybe it is set to output exes into another folder?

tux
02-12-2006, 08:31 PM
did it make any dcu files?

hunkar
02-12-2006, 09:13 PM
no dcu files i looked everywhere but no exe i am gonna be crazy i have never experinced this before with delphi what is the problem i dont know

JernejL
02-12-2006, 09:17 PM
get sysinternals filemon and check out what is delphi doing.

hunkar
02-12-2006, 09:30 PM
is it possible that i am using glscene wrong becouse i don't have problem when i dont use glscene.Can you tell me wich components should we put on the form at least having an exe file?i have glsceneviewer,glscene,glcandenser,timers and firefx any missing components? or should i make any setting special for glscene?

tux
02-12-2006, 10:27 PM
what actually happens if you hit F9, does your program run? if it does then use sysinternals filemon to find out where the exe is (while its still running) http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/Filemon.mspx

WILL
02-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Try this hunkar:

Go to Project -> Options and click on the Directories/Conditionals tab.

You're interested in the Output directory here. If there is anything inside it then look at that directory. If not then there are a few possible places we might be able to check.

And welcome to PGD! ;)

hunkar
03-12-2006, 01:03 AM
yessssssssssssssssssssssssss
Will if you were next to me you would here my sound "THANKS BROTHER":) that worked it was about my configuration,thank you for your answers everyone.

WILL
03-12-2006, 09:23 AM
I aim to please. ;)

Now I'm not sure where exactly this belongs... It's more of a Delphi Basics topic, no? Or is it specific to a demo or example project that comes with GLScene? If the examples are stored with these funny directory locations then this is indeed the place. Just want to confirm this one way or the other though...

hunkar
03-12-2006, 11:48 PM
everything is fine now i was thinking if my glscene is demo or not but now i am sure it is not a demo:) it works fine,but i have a laptop with 8 mb of display memory i think it is gonna be really difficult working with glscene by using this 19th century pc:)i tried direct x with truevision 3d component and with my pc it works better than glscene.which one do you suggest working on glscene or truevision3d or any other free component??i can't give money at the moment becouse still trying to learn...??