PDA

View Full Version : GameVision SDK 4 - Physics Demo

Pyrogine
03-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Physics Demo

This demo showcase the basic physics implementation in GameVision SDK 4.

FEATURES
* Physics
* Text Menu GUI
* Configuration Management
* Game, Actor & List objects
* Reading data from a zip archive
* Many features of the GVSDK Framework
* Playing of Modual/Streaming music

STARTUP
When you run the demo, you will be presented with a startup dialog. This dialog can be configured and used in your own application. See the source for more information about configuration. If you click on the [MORE] button, you will see a drop down menu. If you then click on the Options menu, it will bring up another dialog that will allow you to configure this demo. You will be able to toggle between full and windowed mode rendering and either play the default module music or streaming music from a location on your hard drive. If you provide a URL you should be able to play an .MP3 over the Internet. If you press the [SAVE] button it will save the configuration data to the application .ini file.

RUNNING
While the simulation is running the keys below will be active. If you press the ESC button, it will toggle the menu where you will be able to update the sample/music volume and exit the demo.

KEYS
ESC - Toggle Menu
B - Drop Box
S - Drop Sphere
C - Drop Crate
R - Reset Simulation
M - Random Song

SCREENSHOT
http://www.softbeat.net/downloads/gvsdk4_physics.png

Download (http://www.softbeat.net/index.php?option=com_ionFiles&func=download&Itemid=1) (~3MB)

WILL
05-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Some very cool stuff coming for version 4 for sure. :) Nice work on this demo.

Is all the physics completely new to this version or something that was partially in the pervious versions?

Pyrogine
05-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi

Physics is new for this release. I am very excited about the new version. In the past I would always try and make the SDK usable from different languages. Now however it will be only for Delphi and the goal is to release the framework code in source code format. This way others can improve the framework beyond what I may have implemented and can even convert it to other versions of Pascal if they wish. Since my SDK is not component based, it will work nicely with the Turbos (Delphi and C++) from CodeGear.

In theory you should be able to use the SDK with Turbo C++ too. I think at present the only thing that will be a problem are the extended record types which TCPP seems to have a problems with and with the use of class methods.

I hope to release a new SDK build soon and many more demos will follow.

Thanks again.