PDA

View Full Version : DirectX 3D Calculator

cronodragon
05-12-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm studying the COLLADA format, trying to make my own interpreter in Delphi. Now I'm stuck with skinning, because I have to translate the skeletal structure. Since there are many vectors and matrices around, it's very hard to follow the results while debugging. That's why I'm making this Direct3D Calculator:

http://www.mediointeractivo.com/dxcalc/dxcalc.gif
DXCalc.rar (www.mediointeractivo.com/dxcalc/DXCalc.rar)

Don't scare about the spanish, the calculator interface is in english. :D

I'm adding the most relevant operations for my own use, but I'd like to know if there is another tool like this. If not, I could implement the whole list of operations and release the source (translated to english) for others to expand it to their needs. If you want to include this program as a PGD tool I'll be happy :D

The calculator is very easy to use. Just write or paste the vector or matrix in the yellow edit box in the middle. You will see a grid version of the same date below that you can modify. Then press [ENTER] to push it in the data stack to the left. Double click an item to place it in the operator stack, and apply your favourite 3D operation. Right click for pop-up helpers.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.