PDA

View Full Version : How about an article or post on how to submit an article?

jdarling
05-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I know that PGD has an articles section, I've been there and looked at quite a few. What I don't know is how to submit an article and what format it should be in? For example, does it have to be in Word (if so what version) and who does it go to (I'm guessing WILL or Savage). Anyways, it would be nice to see a top level post in the articles section as to how to go about this, course thats just my two cents :).

WILL
05-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi Jeremy,

PGD has it's own Article Editor (created by myself ;)) and if you want to write an article you have to be assigned as Staff and given Writer's permissions.

I believe I set you to a Writer status before, but unfortunately you never got around to writing anything so in the clean-up you got wiped off the list.

I'd be happy to add you as a writer. Just let me know what your writing as everything needs to be proof-read (by a proof-reader) and published by someone with Editor privileges. Unfortunately we never completed the auto-reporting system so it's a manual process between the Staff.

You can even have your own series if you have enough to write about. It can be setup so that you are your own Editor, thus saving the last step for yourself.

The whole process was designed to maintain quality releases on the site and to prevent massive amounts of misspelled or error laden material. ie. missing images & files, faulty html or ugly use of formatting.

Oh and there is a secure filespace for your included media too. ~6MB of space for your use, iirc. (I have to confirm this.)

What sorts of articles where you thinking of writing? :)