PDA

View Full Version : [Delphi/Kylix] alter-ScktComp

S.Producer
06-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi, I'm looking for something similar ScktComp, but for Kylix. The original Socket (or IdTCPServer/Client from Indy) unit does not match. Have you got something that I could easy translate Windows code, which is using ScktComp, to Linux oriented code?

savage
07-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Have you looked at using Indy on both Win32 and Linux? I believe there is also a project to get it to work with Free Pascal.

S.Producer
07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Yeah, but I have some problems with understanding Threads :). I mean I understand, but always "something is still wrong"... :x ... So I want to ask somebody, maybe someone has translated the code that is similar to ScktComp.pas for Windows and its WinSock library, but for Unix.

BTW the problem will disappear, if I translate my game networking code to UDP port... But the ScktComp for Unix systems would be very customizable and easy tool to create TCP networking applications.

WILL
07-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Anythink or Kylix these days is a hard sell/find as it's sort of the red-headed stepchild of Delphi that got kicked a few too many times. :P

Of course I'm sort of stating the obvious aren't I? :)

AthenaOfDelphi
03-01-2007, 06:20 PM
This is a little late, but what problems are you having with Indy's threads? I've used them quite a bit, both on Delphi and Kylix (Version 3) so maybe you could shed some light on the problem and I'll take a look.