PDA

View Full Version : SetDialogBoxMode and TForm

Carsten
13-04-2003, 12:50 PM
the SetDialogBoxMode-command allows GDI-forms in fullscreen-mode. For example changing the D3DApp-Unit to

function CD3DApplication.UserSelectNewDevice: HRESULT;
var
settingsDialog: CD3DSettingsDialog;
begin
if not m_bWindowed then
begin
m_pd3dDevice.SetDialogBoxMode(True)

works pretty well.

Question: I would like to use VCL-Forms instead of resources, because it's much more comfortable to create them with the IDE. A simple MyForm.Showmodal is obviously not sufficient...
Any ideas how to call the form?

Carsten

Gadget
10-06-2003, 08:40 AM
the SetDialogBoxMode-command allows GDI-forms in fullscreen-mode. For example changing the D3DApp-Unit to

function CD3DApplication.UserSelectNewDevice: HRESULT;
var
settingsDialog: CD3DSettingsDialog;
begin
if not m_bWindowed then
begin
m_pd3dDevice.SetDialogBoxMode(True)

works pretty well.

Question: I would like to use VCL-Forms instead of resources, because it's much more comfortable to create them with the IDE. A simple MyForm.Showmodal is obviously not sufficient...
Any ideas how to call the form?

Carsten

Not sure, this is exactly what I want to do as well! I posted a similar thread, and the sample reply to my thread works ok for a simple dialog, but I want to show a TForm.

Carsten
10-06-2003, 02:47 PM
I think, one of Clootie's DX8 DDraw-samples works with a TForm, but I have not checked it in detail yet.

Carsten

Clootie
11-06-2003, 05:14 AM
You need to do different things using different DirectX interfaces / Direct3D versions.

Clootie
11-06-2003, 08:03 AM
By request of forum users:
Sample showing how to use VCL dialogs in Direct3D9 fullscreen mode available at mine site:
http://clootie.narod.ru

Clootie
11-06-2003, 08:09 AM
For example changing the D3DApp-Unit to works pretty well.This is not guarantied to work, cos you should validate some rules: only 32bit or 16bit display modes are supported, back buffer must be lockable.