PDA

View Full Version : freepascal site down?

paul_nicholls
02-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Hi all,
for a week or so I haven't been able to get to the freepascal site (www.freepascal.org) at all.
Has anyone else had problems with getting to the freepascal site?

the Lazarus site (www.lazarus.freepascal.org) works just fine.

cheers,
Paul.

WILL
02-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Just was there site loaded, but I think I know why you've been having issues.

From the site:
"Due to a server failure, Community, Mailing Lists, FTP server, Lazarus Wiki and FPCBot are off-line. Due to the year-end, it might take a few days until we can get physical access to the server to find out what is wrong."

paul_nicholls
02-01-2007, 08:17 AM
thanks for the quick reply Will :)

I suppose those issues could affect the main site as well.
cheers,
Paul.

dmantione
02-01-2007, 08:20 AM
As far as I know the main site, www.freepascal.org, has been up all the time. Hopefully we can get Scenergy online again today as well.

paul_nicholls
02-01-2007, 09:07 AM
As far as I know the main site, www.freepascal.org, has been up all the time. Hopefully we can get Scenergy online again today as well.

Strange, I haven't been able to get to the main site at all...my browser (firefox) just sits there, waiting for data...

I never had any problems in the past.

cheers,
Paul.

WILL
02-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Hmm... well I'm using FireFox as well so I don't think it's a browser issue. But... it might instead be a DNS issue based on locations.

tbh, Daniel would know, if nothing else a bit more, about all this.

dmantione
02-01-2007, 08:25 PM
FYI: Scenergy is up again. So all is back to normal.

paul_nicholls
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Sorry, but I still can't get to the site :(

I can ping it ok, but the browser just sits there saying "waiting for www.freepascal.org..."

oh well...

cheers,
Paul.

dmantione
02-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Do you use a tunneling protocol like pptp or pppoe? Can you access www.hu.freepascal.org?

paul_nicholls
03-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Do you use a tunneling protocol like pptp or pppoe? Can you access www.hu.freepascal.org?

I am not sure about the tunneling protocol bit...I am surfing the net using firefox over our home LAN via our broadband connection.

For your information, I can reach "http://www.hu.freepascal.org/?" just fine :)

Just not the normal site.

cheers,
Paul.

dmantione
03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Try to lower your mtu to 1492. The firewall in front of www.freepascal.org has some issues with tcp fragmentation. Lowering the mtu will prevent fragmentation if your broadband connection uses a tunneling protocol.

paul_nicholls
05-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Try to lower your mtu to 1492. The firewall in front of www.freepascal.org has some issues with tcp fragmentation. Lowering the mtu will prevent fragmentation if your broadband connection uses a tunneling protocol.

Apparently our mtu is already 1400, and we have never had a problem accessing www.freepascal.org in the past. Has something changed besides the server crash?

cheers,
Paul.

dmantione
05-01-2007, 07:07 AM
No, nothing.